• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Presidential Hopefuls' Types

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Prepare for thread merge, but I'm 99% sure he's ENFJ, like Hitler and Charlie Chaplin.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hitler was an ENFJ?? LOL. I read somewhere he was an INTJ. Hmm.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
It's debated, but it seems like ENFJ is the most common type named for Hitler, yes. It would make sense, along with a couple other types. He was nuts and on drugs, you know.

MBTI Type
ENTP
He's probably ENFJ. Even though I might be banned, I'm going to post this link to an Ann Coulter column about what an illogical self-important sissy Obama is. Not that all ENFJs are like that, to be sure. But I've never met any ISTPs that fit the description.
AnnCoulter.com - Archived Article: DREAMS FROM MY FATHER, LAME EXCUSES FROM MY GRANDFATHER

Only after Obama had offered to drive his grandmother to work himself and it was becoming increasingly clear what a selfish lout the grandfather was, did Grandpa produce his trump card. The reason he wouldn't get his lazy butt dressed and drive Grandma to work was ... she was a racist!

As Obama recounts it, on Grandpa's third try at an excuse, he told Obama: "You know why she's so scared this time? I'll tell you why. Before you came in, she told me the fella was black. That's the real reason she's bothered. And I just don't think that's right." So I guess I'll be heading back to the sack now!

That makes sense. It certainly never bothers me when crazy white people harass and threaten me.

This is Obama's own account of what happened, which -- as anyone can see -- consisted of his slacker grandfather making a series of excuses to avoid having to drive the sole bread-earner in the family to work.

But Obama says, "The words were like a fist in my stomach, and I wobbled to regain my composure." (It was as if he had been punched by an aggressive panhandler at a bus stop!) And not because his grandfather's sorry excuse reminded him that he came from a long line of callow, worthless men, both black and white.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How about this assessment:
Political Types | Type Insights

For some reason, I can't really picture what type Obama would be, as the article says, it's probably just a public persona. But McCain I figired was probably a T. I would have thought J also, but a lot of people were saying STP, and again; I don't know enough about who he really is. ISFP like Bush seems kind of hard to believe.

But I do not believe Palin could be a T. Remember her greeting to Biden in their debate, plus the video from years ago, at the Church? That's more likely her real self, and most agree, ESF.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
How about this assessment:
Political Types | Type Insights

For some reason, I can't really picture what type Obama would be, as the article says, it's probably just a public persona. But McCain I figired was probably a T. I would have thought J also, but a lot of people were saying STP, and again; I don't know enough about who he really is. ISFP like Bush seems kind of hard to believe.

But I do not believe Palin could be a T. Remember her greeting to Biden in their debate, plus the video from years ago, at the Church? That's more likely her real self, and most agree, ESF.

I don't think that link is a good analysis of their types. I posted Hile Rutledge's in the Politics forum this morning. It's much more based on reality. George definitely isn't ISFP...

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
I noticed that typelogic.com posted the 2008 Candidates and their types and I couple of interesting questions came to mind.

(I couldn't find any enneagram sites that looked like their opinions held any kind of water. If anyone wants to enneagram type them go ahead. :))

1) First of all, if for some reason you were to pick a president based on their MBTI type, which type would you consider most ideal for the position?

2) Do these seem to fit the candidates correctly?

clinton.jpg

Hillary Clinton - INTJ

obama.jpg

Barack Obama - ENFJ

paul.jpg

Ron Paul - INFJ

mccain.jpg

John McCain - INTP

huckabee.jpg

Mike Huckabee - INTJ

All intuitives? That's doubtful.

I dont pay much attention to American politics, but Hilary seems like a SJ. soc/sp or sp/soc subtype.

dirtdirt

MBTI Type
ISTj
Enneagram
5w6
All intuitives? That's doubtful.

I dont pay much attention to American politics, but Hilary seems like a SJ. soc/sp or sp/soc subtype.

Yeah I've been thinking the exact same thing about Hillary she does seem 2 be more of an SJ type 2 me

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
This again, huh?

Well...

Obama - ENTP
Hillary - ENTJ
Ron Paul - INFJ
McCain - ISTx
Huckabee - who knows

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Obama - ENFP
Biden - ISTJ
H. Clinton - ESTJ
Nancy Pelosi - ESTJ
Janet Napolitano - ENTJ

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Obama - ENFP
Biden - ISTJ
H. Clinton - ESTJ

No way Biden's an ISTJ. He's ESTP.

Also, how come people are typing Obama as F? He is very tough with his policy, and knows how to bring the hammer down. He bases things on logic, and he speaks about what has to be done. Plus I think he has considerable Fe, and ENTP's have Fe as their tertiary.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It could be. We don't really get good biographies of the candidates. Nor have I ever met on in person.

Wow. Try "Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance" by Barack Obama. And before that, try doing a little research first, this Barack autobiography came out in 2004, 3 1/2 years before you posted that comment.

ygolo

My termites win
Wow. Try "Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance" by Barack Obama. And before that, try doing a little research first, this Barack autobiography came out in 2004, 3 1/2 years before you posted that comment.

What prompted you to search through a 3 year old thread, and make this comment?

The statement, "we don't get really good biographies" comes from a belief that biographies in general are usually biased views about a persons life (even if autobiographical). But if you believe than book was a really good biography, perhaps I will take it under consideration.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What prompted you to search through a 3 year old thread, and make this comment?

The statement, "we don't get really good biographies" comes from a belief that biographies in general are usually biased views about a persons life (even if autobiographical). But if you believe than book was a really good biography, perhaps I will take it under consideration.

I think it gives a good idea of Obama's way of thinking. Consider that he focuses on family anecdotes and the kind of values coming from both sides that made him who he is today.

I didn't have to look very far to find your old post, links are provided in the "similar threads," as you know.