• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Count of Monte Cristo

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably not the best work for typing characters, but these are my guesses:

Edmond Dantés: ISFP 1w9 sx/so. Tritype 1w9-5w4-4w3. He becomes more of an INTJ as the Count of Monte Cristo, but the two types have the same functions, so could work.

Villefort: ISTJ, maybe ISFJ. 6w5. 6w5-1w9-3w2. sp/so

Baron Danglars: ESFJ? ESTJ? 6w7 sp/so. Tritype is definitely of the 3-6-9 family.

Fernand Mondego / Count of Morcerf: ESTJ 8w9 sp/so?

Mercédes: Difficult to say with so little characterization, but I would guess ISFJ, 9w1 sx/so.

Valentine de Villefort: INFP 9w1 sx/sp.

Haydeé: ISFP 4-9-? sx/sp.

Abbé Faria: Certainly NT; I'm tempted to say INTP. 5w6 so/sp.

Andrea Cavalcanti / Benedetto: ESTP 7w8 sp/so.

Albert: ExFx. Leaning toward ESFP. 7 so/sx.

Maximilian: isFx, ISFJ if I had to guess. Tempted to say e6 despite lack of characterization. sx/so.

I'm having difficulty typing Albert and Maximilian; they both are portrayed as morally upright, almost flawless characters rather than having distinct personalities that we can see.

Minor Characters:

Luigi Vampa: xSTP or xNTJ. 8w9 sp/sx.

Bertuccio: ISTP 6w5 sp/sx.

Caderousse: iSTp 3w2 sp/so.

Madame de Villefort: INTJ 8w9-5w6 sp/sx.

Madame Danglars: exTJ 3w2 so/sp.

Eugénie Danglars: IxTJ 8w9/5w6 sp/sx.

Edward: EnTP brat archetype. 7w8.

Franz de 'Epinay: INTP 5w6 sp/sx.

Lucien Debray: INTP 9w1-3w4-5w6 so/sp

For those who haven't read the book but have seen Gankutsuou, you can try typing the characters from that adaptation to see how they compare to the original.

Last edited:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Edmond: I always thought Edmond was INFJ, but ISFP works better :yes:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Edmond: I always thought Edmond was INFJ, but ISFP works better :yes:

Yeah, it was the first classic and sort of heavy book I ever read, at age 7 or 8... I have re-read it a couple of times because of that... And he always struck me as a sort of INFJ.

KDude

Agreed.. always saw him as a kind of happy go lucky ISFP, flipping to an unhealthy NTJ side.

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can see why INFJ would be a first choice; if there were a type that Edmond fit most consistently throughout his life, INFJ would probably be it. I just don't see him as a Ni dom before his imprisonment.

KDude

I can see why INFJ would be a first choice; if there were a type that Edmond fit most consistently throughout his life, INFJ would probably be it. I just don't see him as a Ni dom before his imprisonment.

Me either.. He shows little foresight for one. I don't think INFJs have to prognosticate or anything like that, but Dantes is very much easy going, isn't cautious, and thinks everyone is his friend. That's not INFJ.

Thegreycrow

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Well, i'm not sure if you guys are talking about the books, but if you are, i'd like to add Noirtier de villefort(the paralyzed Grandfather) as an ENTJ.