• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Legend of Zelda

Little_Sticks

You know what, whenever I come across a fictional character that could fit 6w5, I also find that they could potentially fit 9w8. Enneagram seems unclear in differentiating the two. A wing 8 on a 9 seems to offset all the qualities that would differentiate from a 6. And a wing 5 on a 6 seems to offset all the qualities that would differentiate from a 9.

The 6w5 becomes a fearless thinking beast.
The 9w8 is willing to give up their cheery peace of mind and steps up aggressively to do so.

Both are kind of the same. I suppose 6 would be more of the thinker though. In that respect I could definitely see 6w5 as making more sense. But speaking in terms of reality, wouldn't a 9w8 have good reason to go into wing 8 when it is pretty much against their 9 core fixation? Perhaps a 9 that goes into an 8 wing for too long becomes a 6w5?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What about these characters?

Tingle
King of Red Lions
Malon
Midna

I'll list more once I think of some.

Tingle - INFP
King of Red Lions - ESTJ
Malon - ESFJ
Midna - INTP?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tingle - INFP
King of Red Lions - ESTJ
Malon - ESFJ
Midna - INTP?

Awesome! :hifive:

What about...

Impa
Ezlo
Vaati
Rauru
Aryll
Niko
Great Deku Tree
Makar & Medli
Quill (the postman Rito from Wind Waker)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Awesome! :hifive:

What about...

Impa
Ezlo
Vaati
Rauru
Aryll
Niko
Great Deku Tree
Makar & Medli
Quill (the postman Rito from Wind Waker)

Alright lets see:

Impa - ISFJ
Rauru - INFJ
Great Deku Tree - INFJ

Not sure now on the others, I'll do some wiki research on them later.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Alright lets see:

Impa - ISFJ
Rauru - INFJ
Great Deku Tree - INFJ

Not sure now on the others, I'll do some wiki research on them later.

Are you not sure who those characters are, or do you not know enough about them to type them?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you not sure who those characters are, or do you not know enough about them to type them?

I don't remember that much concerning their characters, so I'd need to go browse their wiki entries in order to jog my memory.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tingle - INFP
King of Red Lions - ESTJ
Malon - ESFJ
Midna - INTP?

I'm not totally of Midna's type but I was thinking more along the lines of INTJ. She seems kind of bossy and demanding at times with a sense of urgency.

I'm not at all familiar with the other three characters as I've only played the Twilight Princess and the original Zelda game.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm not totally of Midna's type but I was thinking more along the lines of INTJ. She seems kind of bossy and demanding at times with a sense of urgency.

I'm not at all familiar with the other three characters as I've only played the Twilight Princess and the original Zelda game.

Hmmm, INTJ could be possible, I may have to replay the Twlight Princess game fot better accuracy (which sounds like hella fun anyway :D)

Well, if you're curious, they appear in these games:

King of Red Lions (talking boat) - Windwaker
Malon (cute farm girl) - Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask
Tingle (35 year old man child loser) - Majora's Mask and Windwaker

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think each game casts Link in a different light.

The original game Link: SJ for his perseverance :D
Windwaker Link: ESTP (energetic, easy-going, 'do-er', Fe-ish)
Twilight Princess Link: introverted -- and pretty self-conscious if you ask me (He's way more comfortable in his wolf skin than his own skin)

Midna -- INTJ sounds good. She's a bit too soft, though.
Makar -- ISFP (seems like an independent self-sufficient artist)
Medli -- ISFJ (considerate, dutiful, a little bit of a push-over)
Talking boat -- ISTJ (loyal, dependable, sense of duty, always hurrying you to finish what has to be done)

These are based on nothing but my impressions, so I think they are all wrong XD

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think each game casts Link in a different light.

The original game Link: SJ for his perseverance :D
Windwaker Link: ESTP (energetic, easy-going, 'do-er', Fe-ish)
Twilight Princess Link: introverted -- and pretty self-conscious if you ask me (He's way more comfortable in his wolf skin than his own skin)

Midna -- INTJ sounds good. She's a bit too soft, though.
Makar -- ISFP (seems like an independent self-sufficient artist)
Medli -- ISFJ (considerate, dutiful, a little bit of a push-over)
Talking boat -- ISTJ (loyal, dependable, sense of duty, always hurrying you to finish what has to be done)

These are based on nothing but my impressions, so I think they are all wrong XD

What about Ocarina of Time? Oh, wait, is that what you meant by original? If so, that's not the original. This is the original: http://www.zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda_(Game)

That site in the link also has all the names of the Zelda games listed at the top with a rounded portrait of artwork Link beside them.

deleted
Wow, great thread. Bunch of video game nerds here, I was just thinking about this today, actually.

As for Link, ISFx also came to mind. Functionally/Socionics-wise, I'd lean toward the Si side (SEI). MBTI, you do make a valid point point for ISFJ, then again his behavior does come across SP, frantically slashing at bushes.

100px-Tingle_Balloon.png

I love tingle! Both INFP and IEI might actually make sense for him. He rides in a balloon but he seems kinda loner, spouting magical words. Something Ni going there... I'll have to think about it more.

How about Koji Kondo?

deleted
I'm not that much of a nerd. I don't know much about him. :shrug:

He wrote the main theme of Zelda, can't get any better than that! I'm a big fan of his melodic dreamscapes.

- I and F are obvious.

Hmm, so you think F is more obvious than S in Link? Just wondering everyone's opinion, that would make him more ESI in my book but not necessarily ISFP. Not sure:

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/introvertedfeeling.html ("it's often hard to assign words"... lol that's right up Link's alley)

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
What about Ocarina of Time? Oh, wait, is that what you meant by original? If so, that's not the original. This is the original: http://www.zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Zelda_(Game)

That site in the link also has all the names of the Zelda games listed at the top with a rounded portrait of artwork Link beside them.

No, I meant the original original (on the Nintendo 8 bit) :D

I haven't played the Ocarina of Time yet.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He wrote the main theme of Zelda, can't get any better than that! I'm a big fan of his melodic dreamscapes.
Hmm, so you think F is more obvious than S in Link? Just wondering everyone's opinion, that would make him more ESI in my book but not necessarily ISFP. Not sure:

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/introvertedfeeling.html ("it's often hard to assign words"... lol that's right up Link's alley)

if he were an extrovert, he would actually talk :D