• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Twilight

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
from what I remember, these are my guesses

Bella: ISFJ 6w5 sp/sx
Bella's Dad: ESTJ 8w7 sp/sx
Edward: INFP 8w9 sx/sp

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bella's dad seemed very much an introvert. And Edward is an ESFP, because he's a disco ball, and disco balls are ESFPs.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bella's dad seemed very much an introvert. And Edward is an ESFP, because he's a disco ball, and disco balls are ESFPs.

to me he seemed ESTJ, but more introverted because he was an Sp dom. ISTJ is my second guess, but he seemed like a Te dom to me

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
from what I remember, these are my guesses

Bella: ISFJ 6w5 sp/sx
Bella's Dad: ESTJ 8w7 sp/sx
Edward: INFP 8w9 sx/sp

Bella's dad is an ISTJ 9 or 1w9, I think. For Edward, INTJ 3w4 seems better. He has a romantic side but lack of self-awareness and have difficulties to know what he feels and act according on his feelings. Doesn't have the tough stance and rageous "need to be agains" of 8.

I agree on Bella, Kristen Stewart plays her own type here, or almost.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Edward doesn't have a personality type. He's supposed to be perfect, remember?
Naw but seriously, INFP seems a good substitute. He's overflowing with Fi rage, if anything.
ISFJ is good for Bella, even if I've never met an ISFJ as boring as her.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bella's dad is an ISTJ 9 or 1w9, I think. For Edward, INTJ 3w4 seems better. He has a romantic side but lack of self-awareness and have difficulties to know what he feels and act according on his feelings. Doesn't have the tough stance and rageous "need to be agains" of 8.

I agree on Bella, Kristen Stewart plays her own type here, or almost.

Edward is not 3 at all. I could see 9, 8, 5, 4 or a very confident 6, but 3 is about the last type I see him as. 3s are achievers, they are always after something and trying to accomplish some sort of goal. Edward just wanders around being a sexy vampire, he has not the energy, the ambition or the drive to avoid worthlessness of a 3. thinking back though, 5w4 works a little better than 8, or maybe an 8-ish 4w5.
could you explain where you're coming from with Bella's dad? you might be right, but I certainly don't see it

Edit: Edward actually has a ton of drive to dominate and has to expend a lot of energy to control his aggressive impulses

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
thinking about it some more, Edward is basically 8 as viewed through the lense of a 4w5

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First, named called to enneatypes are often a trap because it cal lead to misconceptions about them. The first named gave to type 3 was not "achiever" but "performer" and is far more appropriate. It means that a 3 does'nt need to achieve anything since he has a image to perform. You can see that with the Dr Robert Chase is House who is, at least in the three earlyest season the least engaged and active members of the team, simple because he don't need to be active to perform an image, his payroll and his title of doctor speak for themselves. Same for Paris Hilton who often don't have to be active, but just stay put here like a vase exposed to all of us to watch her. The most important thing for 3 is not to achieve but to project an good image, in the case of Edward achievement is useless o project the image he want to project, the image of a lonely and handsome guy who stay away from people. I remember that he must stay away from people, that excludes every sort af achivement toward highschool activity or dating.

Elsewhere, he has a 4 wing wich lead him to melancholy, but he's not a 4 because he's not an emotional, dramatic or self-aware person.

For the dad, he's an introvert because he has not social life and is not driven to have one. He has that sloth of 9 but is above all a mad controlle by clear moral consistency. 1w9 then, probably self-pres.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First, named called to enneatypes are often a trap because it cal lead to misconceptions about them. The first named gave to type 3 was not "achiever" but "performer" and is far more appropriate. It means that a 3 does'nt need to achieve anything since he has a image to perform. You can see that with the Dr Robert Chase is House who is, at least in the three earlyest season the least engaged and active members of the team, simple because he don't need to be active to perform an image, his payroll and his title of doctor speak for themselves. Same for Paris Hilton who often don't have to be active, but just stay put here like a vase exposed to all of us to watch her. The most important thing for 3 is not to achieve but to project an good image, in the case of Edward achievement is useless o project the image he want to project, the image of a lonely and handsome guy who stay away from people. I remember that he must stay away from people, that excludes every sort af achivement toward highschool activity or dating.

Elsewhere, he has a 4 wing wich lead him to melancholy, but he's not a 4 because he's not an emotional, dramatic or self-aware person.

For the dad, he's an introvert because he has not social life and is not driven to have one. He has that sloth of 9 but is above all a mad controlle by clear moral consistency. 1w9 then, probably self-pres.

I still don't think he's a 3, I know several 3s and none of them would relate to Edward at all. they'd all be like "he doesn't do anything"
I'm more curious about your typing of Bella's father though.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The main source of disatisfaction for Edward is the lack of challenge.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The main source of disatisfaction for Edward is the lack of challenge.

I've only seen the first movie and haven't read the books, but I don't get this impression of him at all. it seems to me the main source of his dissatisfaction is simply that he's lonely and wants to be able to connect with someone on a deeper level, which is understandable given he's an Sx/Sp

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He's not lonely at all, he has a large family.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
having a large family isn't of consequence. he's lonely because he has gone decades without an intimate partner until Bella comes along.

Edward is not like this at all

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a wrong way, I think, to take just one video and say: people of a type are like this.

Yes, Edward lack an intimate, but at the same time, he's totally ackward at expressing feelings, not because of a lack of self-confidence or shyness, but because as a 3 he's out of touch with his heart center and his feelings, and can only think abiut his image, and to think if he can allow him to feel.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a wrong way, I think, to take just one video and say: people of a type are like this.

Yes, Edward lack an intimate, but at the same time, he's totally ackward at expressing feelings, not because of a lack of self-confidence or shyness, but because as a 3 he's out of touch with his heart center and his feelings, and can only think abiut his image, and to think if he can allow him to feel.

that's not what I did. I know they're personalities are vastly different form Edward, but that's not the point. the 3s in this video talk about the universal internal challenges of 3s, challenges I don't think Edward would relate to at all

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
speaking of - carlisle strikes me as a definite 3w4.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

you win, Edward is 3w4 sx/sp. his 3-ish tendencies are much more subtle and self directed so they're harder to notice