• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ian McKellen

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

INFP 4w5 so/sx?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I honestly have no idea what MBTI type he is. I see Fi, Fe, Ni, Ne, Si and even a little bit of Se

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I have been reluctant to lobby on other issues I most care about – nuclear weapons (against), religion (atheist), capital punishment (anti), AIDS (fund-raiser) because I never want to be forever spouting, diluting the impact of addressing my most urgent concern; legal and social equality for gay people worldwide."

I see the ENFP as "the social activist side" of the ESFP. Easy call to make, by the way. The ENFP is one of the harder types to pin down, nevertheless, he makes himself more obvious to us.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"I have been reluctant to lobby on other issues I most care about – nuclear weapons (against), religion (atheist), capital punishment (anti), AIDS (fund-raiser) because I never want to be forever spouting, diluting the impact of addressing my most urgent concern; legal and social equality for gay people worldwide."

I see the ENFP as "the social activist side" of the ESFP. Easy call to make, by the way. The ENFP is one of the harder types to pin down, nevertheless, he makes himself more obvious to us.

sometimes we're easy to spot, but other times we're hard to spot because there is a lot of variation within the personality of ENFPs
- silly Ne/businesslike Te
- extroverted, but not really
- seemingly shallow and hedonistic, but also deep and reflective
- upbeat, but sometimes emo
- light hearted and sociable/dramatic and convicted
- fun and adventurous, but with random periods of reclusiveness

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sometimes we're easy to spot, but other times we're hard to spot because there is a lot of variation within the personality of ENFPs
- silly Ne/businesslike Te
- extroverted, but not really
- seemingly shallow and hedonistic, but also deep and reflective
- upbeat, but sometimes emo
- light hearted and sociable/dramatic and convicted
- fun and adventurous, but with random periods of reclusiveness

Do you still think 4w5?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's my best guess, what about you?

9w1. His reference to 'metaphors' in the video speaks volumes in that direction, but I won't be able to watch the rest of the video until tomorrow. If you want an example of a 4w5 actor, try Mickey Rourke.

When I first saw McKellen in the video I wondered why you didn't recognize your own type immediately. (I hadn't thought about wings at the time.) Then I researched him more carefully but couldn't find anything to contradict my call.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
P.s., I read the short "Sir Ian McKellen" thread in the "similar threads" category below. Funny how they keep missing the mark by such a wide margin, then coming so, so close to the bullseye for a brief moment.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
sx/so enfp? e45 is plausible.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Pretty much an awesome dude. ENFP makes sense to me, but I do live me some Sir Ian.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd probably have said ENFP - without having watched that video, either. I think a great many actors are ENFPs and ESFPs.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd probably have said ENFP - without having watched that video, either. I think a great many actors are ENFPs and ESFPs.

ENFP is the most common MBTI of singers and actors :cool: