• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anjelica Huston

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Anjelica Huston is an American actress and occasional director. She's had roles in movies such as Prizzi's Honor, The Witches, The Grifters, The Addams Family (and its sequel), Choke, as well as working frequently in Wes Anderson's films (The Royal Tenenbaums, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou). Here she is talking about her directorial debut, Bastard Out of Carolina:

What type do you think she is? These two interviews may provide clues... I think she's some sort of FJ, given quotes such as these:

I think with Clark being an actor, he went more for the character in the piece, and for the humanistic moments. Which I think is a good thing, too, because it softened some of the harsher aspects of the material...which is not lovable, it's far from lovable. But I think, you know, there's a fine line between repulsive...and something else. And it shouldn't just be repulsive, it has to be thought-provoking, and it has to push the edges...but it can't just be horrible. It can't just be disgusting, even though there are, in fact, everything but bodily fluids in this movie. You don't want to send people howling from the theater, and on the other hand, you have to negotiate this very dangerous edge of what will make people run from the theater, and what will, in some way, attract them, and lure them, and hypnotize them.

And remember that I've also already played the craziest mother, although I thought she was a great mother...Morticia Addams [laughs]. She was a wonderful mother to play, because everything is about the antithesis of what it should be. "Oh, you're looking so ill, so pale. How wonderful!!"

I think much more for the patient is for the person who loves the patient, or the Victor Mancini side of the couple who takes it to heart, who can’t believe that he’s not recognized by his mother, the woman he loves and who loves him. There’s a wonderful quote that I’ll paraphrase, in Joan Didion’s book, about loss and her mother which is like, “Who will know me, now that my mother is dead? Who will recognize me? Who will ever know me in that way?” That’s, I think, the basis of the problem between the child observing the parent losing their way or the lover watching his lover drift.

Your thoughts? :thinking:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!
MV5BMTQzMjgwMjMxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDUyNTI2._V1._SX450_SY240_.jpg

MV5BMTI2ODQxMTU0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTYwNDI2._V1._SX450_SY308_.jpg

i loved her with jack nicholson.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
she definitely seems IXXJ, INTJ makes sense

Yeah, it was between that and ISTJ, but I think she seems more like an INTJ (she doesn't seem as stiff and naturally stuffy as ISTJs.) ISTJ would be my second guess, though.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, it was between that and ISTJ, but I think she seems more like an INTJ (she doesn't seem as stiff and naturally stuffy as ISTJs.) ISTJ would be my second guess, though.

ISTJ was actually my first guess, but I agree, it's between those 2 types. she sort of reminds me of a female Len Tsukimori (he's a character from La Corda D'oro who gives off a similar vibe). I am almost certain about 3w4 sp/sx though

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Funny how people seem to gather that she's a Te type... I initially thought she was a Fe user, with all the (kind of effusive) praise she gives people (like Chuck Palahniuk in the interviews I linked to). Then again, maybe that's just my F bias talking. :shrug:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could see her as sx-last... She's got a pretty mellow disposition, almost clinical. :yes:

her mellow, clinical disposition is because she's So last
PS: where's Speed when you need him

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ 9w1 Sx/Sp. She have the same aura than other female INTJ Sx/Sp, like Jodie Foster, but is more mellow and relaxed, similar with other 9w1 Sx/Sp like J.K rolling.

[youtube=XczPCz9YvFU]Anjelica Huston part 2[/youtube]

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ 9w1 Sx/Sp. She have the same aura than other female INTJ Sx/Sp, like Jodie Foster, but is more mellow and relaxed, similar with other 9w1 Sx/Sp like J.K rolling.

[youtube=XczPCz9YvFU]Anjelica Huston part 2[/youtube]

do Sx/Sps tend to look like Sp doms?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The second instinct can mask the first instinct, yes.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not Sx-last, she's very in connection with the interviewer.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
watching the video again, gotta agree with Speed. Sx/Sp seems right. she looks Sp because she's relatively formal and professional, but she also gives the impression of being in an almost trance-like state. I am a little skeptical of 9w1 though. it does make a lot of sense, but I'm not completely sold. she still looks more like a mellow 3w4 integrated to 6 to me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Indicative of sx last, actually.

actually, it's indicative of introversion more than anything else and probably is slightly correlated with N. as I understand it (although my knowledge of instinctual subtypes is amateur at best) the Sexual instinct is primarily about a longing for intimacy and depth, whether it's applied to a significant other, a friend, a hobby/profession, an animal or even an abstract idea, they desire intimate familiarity. being mellow can be just as intimate as being brazen and virile, if not more so as it invites intimacy back. anyway, I could be wrong on this, I don't know a lot about instincts

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
"I've always thought with relationships, that it's more about what you bring to the table than what you're going to get from it. It's very nice if you sit down and the cake appears. But if you go to the table expecting cake, then it's not so good."

"There's always that question of what do you do first thing in the morning-hair and makeup or do you go and set up the shot. You can't be at all places at all times. So you have to try and not hold yourself hostage and be methodical about the work and hope that the weather gods will smile."

Tell me she seems self-indulgent.

"I'm not really big on slapstick humor. I like gentle humor."

"I think all actors - they'll hate me for saying this - but we are babies. We like to be loved, and we'll do anything if we're loved."

"That's why actors can take on other lives, because I think basically, at the bottom of everything, they are terribly insecure people. They don't feel themselves to be bright and beautiful, or necessarily beloved. So they're always looking for it. And as long as they're looking for it, they work at their best capacity. So in that way, their insecurity feeds their talent."

Describes her own psychological preferences in above quotes. Cute.
I stand by my first guess, sp/so e65. infp or infj.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tell me she seems self-indulgent.
Describes her own psychological preferences in above quotes. Cute.
I stand by my first guess, sp/so e65. infp or infj.

your quotes echo blatant Sx and also seem strongly indicative of 3 (although they could also be 6, 9 or 2, but they mostly seem 3)