• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's type

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He is manipulative and goes after what he desires without much regard to other people. In an interview I saw, he talked about how in some important bodybuilding event he developed a rapport with his two main competitors and then used it to destroy the confidence of one of them and gave bad advice to the other (who looked up to him).
Not sure what type that would be though.

That is ENFJ. It sounds like he was pushing to win the competition, but in general he does care (give regard). Read up on the ENFJs and manipulation. They have a negative side too.

Edit: interesting ENFJ discussion here - http://personalitycafe.com/enfj-forum-givers/1524-enfjs-manipulation.html

wolfy

awsm
He is manipulative and goes after what he desires without much regard to other people. In an interview I saw, he talked about how in some important bodybuilding event he developed a rapport with his two main competitors and then used it to destroy the confidence of one of them and gave bad advice to the other (who looked up to him).
Not sure what type that would be though.

Lou Ferrigno and Franco Columbo.

I think estp. That's the way he comes across in Education of a Bodybuilder.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lou Ferrigno and Franco Columbo.

I think estp. That's the way he comes across in Education of a Bodybuilder.

From "Education of a Bodybuilder,"

"And there it was before me -- my life, the answer I'd been seeking. It clicked. It was something I suddenly just seemed to reach out and find, as if I'd been crossing a suspended bridge and finally stepped off onto solid ground."

The ENFJ is a person in search of themselves.

I'll add that Arnie did not write this book himself. But there are passages which come from him, such as the one above.

wolfy

awsm

Arnold was never in search of himself, more a way, bodybuilding was only a means to an end. I say estp but aren't going to run around trying to prove it. You guys have your fun...

wolfy

awsm

Arnold was never in search of himself, more a way, bodybuilding was only a means to an end. I say estp but aren't going to run around trying to prove it. You guys have your fun...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

That "end" was "my life, the answer I'd been seeking."

If you're talking about "finding myself," then there's also the INFJ who seeks inward. It's obvious from the quote above that Arnie was seeking outward for himself, the extraverted face of the NFJ was looking to the external world for the answers to who he was, his "answer" to himself.

R

Riva

I easiyl see him as an ISTP. Yes as an introvert. His extroversion seems to be an act put on by him. He is a promoter that is for sure. But not the extroverted type. But the introverted type that knows what he is doing and puts a bit of a mask to look good. Some people see him as a INTJ, because he is ambitious, a planner and excells in everything that he does and mainly beasue Kiersey says so. But we all know he isn't really good at typing people, tends to stereotype and see S types as people who fails to plan (which is incorrect.) Anyway it is easy to mix up determined ISTPs with INTJs. And I believe Arni is a determined ISTP who puts on an extroverted face to match his field of work :).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you read the whole book?

No, but if someone had to read the whole book every time they needed a citation, then nobody would acquire college degrees.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I easiyl see him as an ISTP. Yes as an introvert. His extroversion seems to be an act put on by him. He is a promoter that is for sure. But not the extroverted type. But the introverted type that knows what he is doing and puts a bit of a mask to look good. Some people see him as a INTJ, because he is ambitious, a planner and excells in everything that he does and mainly beasue Kiersey says so. But we all know he isn't really good at typing people, tends to stereotype and see S types as people who fails to plan (which is incorrect.) Anyway it is easy to mix up determined ISTPs with INTJs. And I believe Arni is a determined ISTP who puts on an extroverted face to match his field of work :).

I could say the same thing about any Extrovert. Sometimes an I can appear as an E and vice versa.

I didn't know Kiersey used MBTI, I thought he had invented his own system of 8 types. Why would he use the MBTI?

But even Kiersey's NF type description fits Arnie better, whatever his I/E. Don't try to read Arnie's mind, just listen to the things he says. (There's no evidence that he masks his introversion.) He oozes F-ness. No, he's not going to put a pretty flower or butterfly on his Facebook profile pic. That's just not the kind of evidence one should consider meaningful.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, I mean have you ever?

I've read many many many books. Why? Are you mad at me about the fact that I quoted the very book you mentioned in order to disprove your own contention?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

They're silly huh? No way he's an N.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They're silly huh? No way he's an N.

Do you have anything to back up your contention? Anything from the MBTI? Anything from Arnold such as a direct quote?

This hardly takes any "running around." It's not like it requires a trip to the library.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As long as I live, I will never forget that day 21 years ago when I raised my hand and took the oath of citizenship. Do you know how proud I was? I was so proud that I walked around with an American flag around my shoulders all day long.

Freedom is a right ultimately defended by the sacrifice of America's servicemen and women.

For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.

I speak directly to the people, and I know that the people of California want to have better leadership. They want to have great leadership. They want to have somebody that will represent them. And it doesn't matter if you're a Democrat or a Republican, young or old.

I think that gay marriage should be between a man and a woman.

My relationship to power and authority is that I'm all for it. People need somebody to watch over them. Ninety-five percent of the people in the world need to be told what to do and how to behave.

No matter the nationality, no matter the religion, no matter the ethnic background, America brings out the best in people.

One of my movies was called "True Lies." It's what the Democrats should have called their convention.

Political courage is not political suicide.

The best activities for your health are pumping and humping.

There is no place, no country, more compassionate more generous more accepting and more welcoming than the United States of America.

If that guy is not ESTJ nobody is ESTJ.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ahahaha I love you, Speedy Gav!!!! :wubbie:

Perhaps he's ESTj or ESTp.