• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is the most heroic?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what MBTI type, enneatype and instinct stackings are the most heroic?

uncommonentity

It depends. There are types who sacrifice their lives to provide for others. There are types who sacrifice their lives to save others from dying and then there are types who sacrifice their lives to save themselves. Not to mention ones who sacrifice their lives to be a lesson to others. I think it depends entirely on who you ask. There are too many variables. Right and wrong and what makes a hero to begin with is always going to be in the eyes of the beholder or the majority.

- charismatic (can actually be arrogance)
- strong moral convictions (can actually be stubbornness)
- courageous (can actually be cowardly overcompensation)
- stands up to injustice (can actually be grandiose self importance)
- unafraid to voice convictions (can actually be loudmouthed ignorance)

"There's no such thing as a hero - only ordinary people asked to do extraordinary things" And everyone has a different idea of what extraordinary is.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most part of people are not heroic at all, whatver their type is. Other than that, there's no correlations. You are heroic when you challenge things, each person have their personal challenges.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Define "heroic."

- charismatic
- strong moral convictions
- courageous
- stands up to injustice
- unafraid to voice convictions

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- charismatic
- courageous
- stands up to injustice

That sounds like a boring moralistic guy who bother everyone around with his thoughts and ideals. Unbearable.

Elsewhere, it seems to we can describe what happened like this:

"define "heroic""

Elfboy: "me".

:zzzz:

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
- charismatic
- courageous
- stands up to injustice
ESTJs? :shrug:

When I think of my ESTJ sister she certainly possesses such traits, as do other ESTJs I know.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my thoughts are

MBTI
1) INFP
2) INTJ
3) ENFP
4) ESTJ (several other types like ISTJs, ISTPs, ISFPs and ENTJs can be very hero too)

Enneagram
1) 1w9
2) 4w3 (they're not quite as righteous as 1w9s, but they're more dramatic and charismatic and when they integrate to 1, they're VERY heroic)
3) 1w2 (less so than 1w9. they're more down to earth type heroes)
4) cp 6 (think kickass or spiderman)
5) 8w7 (like 1w2s, heroic 8s are more down to earth and less into the more grand, dramatic heroism of 1w9s and 4w3s)

Instinct Variant
Sx hands down

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
4's don't strike me as heroic at all, i think you're projecting boo

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
why isn't ENTJ there @_@

It should be. I THINK. INFP 8w7 sx/so would be <insert stereotypical heroic adjective/action here>. If they even exist. I think the closest to that would be a 1w2. Are there INFP 1w2s? I've only seen INFJ ones. idk im bullshitting out of my fingers

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
this doesn't strike you as heroic?

i'm on my phone and can't see the video you posted but if it's from a movie or anime or something that doesn't change my mind. i'm not saying we can't be heroes, but we're self-absorbed by default and not naturally interested in saving someone. more in being saved.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i'm on my phone and can't see the video you posted but if it's from a movie or anime or something that doesn't change my mind. i'm not saying we can't be heroes, but we're self-absorbed by default and not naturally interested in saving someone. more in being saved.

it's not saving the princess that makes you a hero, it's slaying the dragon... if you catch my meaning. saving people alone does not make one a hero. you have to do something out of the ordinary, inspiring and grandiose. that's why I think 4w3s are heroic sometimes, we're all about drama :D
PS:
1st clip: michael jackson (4w3 sx/so), smooth criminal
2nd clip: O Don Fatale, from Verdi's Don Carlo, sung by Maria Callas (4w3 sx/sp)
3rd: Gandalf vs the Balrog (Ian McKellen is a 4 and virtually all of his characters are heroic and bad ass)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You are heroic when you challenge things, each person have their personal challenges.

this.

there are all sorts of heroes. why limit it to one type?

non-traditional heroes are some of my favorite characters.

it really is also rather common that you - elfboy - make threads like this and then fixate upon your preferred values. i like that you are so strong in your values, but it is offputting to those of us who are not of your chosen type!

can i make a suggestion? perhaps instead of, "what type is the most heroic?", it could be beneficial to think along the lines of "how does each type manifest heroism?" that would be more appealing, i think. saying only one type can be the most heroic limits us to thinking that only one type can fulfill something every human should and can seek to fulfill. and will fulfill. i think it is rare that a human being does not have some moment of heroism in their lifetime.

my ESFJ 2w1 so mom is one of the most heroic people i know. she is endlessly selfless. it's amazing how much of her time, both on her job and off, she dedicates to making others' lives better.

my dad, INTP 6w5 sp, is basically her polar opposite, and he is also heroic. recently they tried to get him to do something very covert and slightly illegal and unethical at his job (in a humanitarian field), and instead of just doing it quietly, he stood up and said, hell no i will not do that, and you should not be asking anyone else to do that, either. they could have fired him on the spot. instead, they apologized to him, and stopped.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this.

there are all sorts of heroes. why limit it to one type?

non-traditional heroes are some of my favorite characters.

it really is also rather common that you - elfboy - make threads like this and then fixate upon your preferred values. i like that you are so strong in your values, but it is offputting to those of us who are not of your chosen type!

can i make a suggestion? perhaps instead of, "what type is the most heroic?", it could be beneficial to think along the lines of "how does each type manifest heroism?" that would be more appealing, i think. saying only one type can be the most heroic limits us to thinking that only one type can fulfill something every human should and can seek to fulfill. and will fulfill. i think it is rare that a human being does not have some moment of heroism in their lifetime.

my ESFJ 2w1 so mom is one of the most heroic people i know. she is endlessly selfless. it's amazing how much of her time, both on her job and off, she dedicates to making others' lives better.

my dad, INTP 6w5 sp, is basically her polar opposite, and he is also heroic. recently they tried to get him to do something very covert and slightly illegal and unethical at his job (in a humanitarian field), and instead of just doing it quietly, he stood up and said, hell no i will not do that, and you should not be asking anyone else to do that, either. they could have fired him on the spot. instead, they apologized to him, and stopped.

the opposite, I'm trying to open grounds for discussion on what being a hero is about, however, as I have rather intense opinions on what is/is not heroic that were immediately stated, I've sorta shot myself in the foot.

underlined: because imho, not every type is naturally heroic. every type has natural great qualities, but heroism isn't always one of them

italics: this for instance is not something I would consider heroic. don't get me wrong, it's a great characteristic to have, but it's not heroic. however, as the original intention of this thread was to discuss which type is the most heroic (an intention I apologize for communicating poorly in the OP) feel free to voice your disagreements

bold and underlined: this on the other hand was heroic. he stood up to someone he thought was being unjust and said "bitch step off"

A

Anew Leaf

That sounds like a boring moralistic guy who bother everyone around with his thoughts and ideals. Unbearable.

Elsewhere, it seems to we can describe what happened like this:

"define "heroic""

Elfboy: "me".

:zzzz:

You beat me to the punch.

Heroism (yet another "trait") isn't tied to any particular enneagram or MBTI type. Heroic people just are. We all have the capacity to do great things in our lives or terrible things. Great still, perhaps, but ultimately terrible.

Unless you're a pretzel, in which case heroism might be defined as "not being eaten."

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
why isn't ENTJ there @_@

It should be. I THINK. INFP 8w7 sx/so would be <insert stereotypical heroic adjective/action here>. If they even exist. I think the closest to that would be a 1w2. Are there INFP 1w2s? I've only seen INFJ ones. idk im bullshitting out of my fingers

Mithos Yggdrassil from Tales of Symphonia is this type.
Suzaku from Yu Yu Hakusho is an INFP 8 sx/sp (he's not very heroic though, just cool)
Alice from the new Alice in Wonderland movie is INFP 8w9 sp/sx

wolfy

awsm
Unless you're a pretzel, in which case heroism might be defined as "not being eaten."

I feel it'd be more heroic to be eaten. Unless it was a store window view only pretzel, in which case it'd be heroic to glisten appetizingly.