• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

True Grit

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Mattie - ESTJ/E1

Rooster - ESTP/E8

LeBeouf - xSxJ/E6

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think we've had the discussion here before somewhere... but if it was a different forum, the most inspired read I saw on LeBeouf was ISFJ.

ISFJ women are a dime a dozen but ISFJ males rarely show up in movies; I think we can definitely see the difference between Mattie's STJ approach, and LeBeouf's softer and gentler style (more focused on the relationships) and his primary trait is loyalty/carrying out his promises. But we can get an idea of how masculine psychology might play out through an ISFJ approach.

My biggest issue with Mattie being ESTJ at her age is that she's got an extremely deep core at her age, and typically introverts start within their inner worlds like that, while extroverts tend to develop it later. Te with the extroverts seems more directive and less moralistic than Te being expressed as a secondary. (Mattie seems to use Te as a way to realign her outer world to match what her inner thinks it SHOULD be.) For ESTJs, Te is an end in itself.

Rooster is probably the clearest one to read (as ESTP) in the movie.