• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

South Park Characters (formerly your favorite TV characters)

Badlands

MBTI Type
INTP
Cartman's initial role in the series was probably an ESTP, but Parker and Stone changed him to be more visionary and judgmental as the series went on into an ENTJ; thus the conflict here. You have to admit that in the first few seasons, Cartman was hardly visionary or any good at planning. I can't imagine Stan as an ENTP; he's not really that intuitive and quite down to earth (I'm thinking more ESTJ or ESTP); if anybody in the series is visionary, it's Kyle, who is probably INFJ.

redacted

yeah i think cartman might have been ESTP in the first 2 seasons.

and the kyle being INFJ thing actually makes some sense to me.

i'll think more about stan, too. Ne dominance might be wrong.

Badlands

MBTI Type
INTP
Stan is almost paradoxical. He doesn't fit the Rational temperament description, but putting together the pieces seems to indicate so. If Stan fits any of the temperament descriptions, it's Idealist, even though he's clearly a thinking type. This means he must be a Sensor of some sort; fits neither Guardian or Artisan too well, and if he's clearly an extroverted thinker, that leaves only ESTJ or ESTP. He doesn't seem to show signs of ESTJ domineering, so ESTP seems like the best choice, even though he doesn't fit that too well either.

EDIT: I just took a test answering how I think Stan would answer, it says he's an ESTP:
Extraverted - 56%
Sensing - 12%
Thinking - 12%
Perceiving - 22%

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
How does Stan not fit the Rational temperament exactly?

redacted

If Stan fits any of the temperament descriptions, it's Idealist, even though he's clearly a thinking type. This means he must be a Sensor of some sort; fits neither Guardian or Artisan too well ...

whoa there. that's not a good way to type someone.

Ne/Ti/Fe seems to make the most sense to me at this moment, but i'll watch a couple of episodes and see if i can come up with something better.

Badlands

MBTI Type
INTP
The thing with ENTP is while the functions seem to make sense, his Ne really isn't used to stimulate Ti; they mostly seem to be used for entirely different purposes (Ne seems to be used for more of a Feeling purpose than a Thinking one). I reached a similar dead end for that too though, because Ne does not exist in any ExxP as a third function but as a fourth, in which case ESFP and ESTP would be the options. The inferior function seems to be way too developed for somebody his age if that's the case then.

He could just be a feeler instead of a thinker though and be ENFP; Ne/Fi/Te seems to make a lot of sense to me and he just appears to prefer Thinking because of the (now three) main characters, we tend to see the "Introverted Stan" the least by far because he is so extroverted.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I think Stan is definitely a T. He is skeptical and is always questioning authority. I think he is an ENTP for that reason. Kyle is more of the Feeler while Stan is the Thinker.
In my opinion, he actually has a strong Ti.. one that is always analyzing and comes to Matt and Trey perceive to be as 'the most intelligent answer'

It reflects the personalities of Trey & Matt. Trey is an ENTP while Matt is an ENFP.

Badlands

MBTI Type
INTP
I think Stan is definitely a T. He is skeptical and is always questioning authority. I think he is an ENTP for that reason. Kyle is more of the Feeler while Stan is the Thinker.
In my opinion, he actually has a strong Ti.. one that is always analyzing and comes to Matt and Trey perceive to be as 'the most intelligent answer'

It reflects the personalities of Trey & Matt. Trey is an ENTP while Matt is an ENFP.

So wait... Matt and Trey actually have identified themselves as being these types, or is this just speculation?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
So wait... Matt and Trey actually have identified themselves as being these types, or is this just speculation?

That is just speculation. I'm basing this off some interview I read.. lol.
I wasn't planning to make that part of my argument for Stan being an ENTP..

redacted

The thing with ENTP is while the functions seem to make sense, his Ne really isn't used to stimulate Ti; they mostly seem to be used for entirely different purposes (Ne seems to be used for more of a Feeling purpose than a Thinking one). I reached a similar dead end for that too though, because Ne does not exist in any ExxP as a third function but as a fourth, in which case ESFP and ESTP would be the options. The inferior function seems to be way too developed for somebody his age if that's the case then.

He could just be a feeler instead of a thinker though and be ENFP; Ne/Fi/Te seems to make a lot of sense to me and he just appears to prefer Thinking because of the (now three) main characters, we tend to see the "Introverted Stan" the least by far because he is so extroverted.

nah. you just see Ne and Fe because they're extroverted. the Ti is just implied. i'm sticking with ENTP here; i think it fits perfectly.

Ti isn't necessarily obviously visible in ENTPs (it is INTROVERTED) -- but it's certainly clear Stan prefers his Ti to Fe. he'd rather say something that's true than factor social consequences in. Fe just focuses his Ne/Ti on social issues.

he always feels the need to TELL everyone what he's figured out -- to change people's views towards his own. clearly Fe.

rank

I read again the character's descriptions to wrap up all that we've known about their behaviour during the series. My own analysis leads me to these conclusions:

ISTJ - Stan Marsh
ESFP - Kyle Broflovski
ENTJ - Eric Cartman
INFJ - Kenny McCormick
INFP - Butters
ENFP - Tweek
ISFP - Mr. Mackey
ENFJ - Chef
ESTJ - Kyle's mom
ESFJ - Cartman's mom
ESFJ - Mr. Garrison
ENTP - Terrance and Phillip
ISTP - Jesus
ENFP - Wendy

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Man, I don't even know "Butters" but I'm pretty sure I don't want him to share my type. :doh:

I really need to watch more Southpark. Seen maybe 5 episodes in my life. Not good enough.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I read again the character's descriptions to wrap up all that we've known about their behaviour during the series. My own analysis leads me to these conclusions:

ISTJ - Stan Marsh
ESFP - Kyle Broflovski
ENTJ - Eric Cartman
INFJ - Kenny McCormick
INFP - Butters
ENFP - Tweek
ISFP - Mr. Mackey
ENFJ - Chef
ESTJ - Kyle's mom
ESFJ - Cartman's mom
ESFJ - Mr. Garrison
ENTP - Terrance and Phillip
ISTP - Jesus
ENFP - Wendy

We actually disagree on most of these.
ENTP- Stan
ENFP- Kyle
(Stan and Kyle are definitely iNtuitives and I think both are P's- Stan may be an INTP..)
Stan is the NT and Kyle is the NF.

ENTJ-Cartman (We agree, :D)

ISTP-Kenny (From what we know of him- he is a risk taker and doesn't seem to be very emotional)

INFP-Butters.. he may simply be a very awkward ENFP though. I don't think he ever shuts up.

Tweek.. I don't know but I would have thought him to be an I.

ISFP: Mr. Mackey, m'kay.

ESFP: Chef- he definitely has strong use of Se.. whether it's dominant or tertiary I'm not sure.

ESFJ: Kyle's mom- her reasons for being autocratic in "South Park: The Movie" were more those of an F who wanted to protect the children rather than a T who would do it for the sake of power.

ESFP: Cartman's mom: I don't mean to diss ESFP's.. but I just can't see an ESFJ sleeping with every guy in South Park- maybe an ESFP.

ESTJ: Mrs/Mr. Garrison: He/she has some problems but I think the fact that he/she is more of a T is what makes it even funnier.. very blunt, outspoken.. doesn't really give a shit about what others think.

ENTP: Terrance and Phillip: Either ENTP or ESTP- both types like their fart jokes.

ISFP: Jesus- This Jesus is very chill and non-Messiahish (the real Jesus was probably an ENFJ) but I think he's still an F.

ENFJ: Wendy- I don't think she's a P at all.

Randy Marsh, Stan's dad, is an ESFP.

redacted

We actually disagree on most of these.
ENTP- Stan
ENFP- Kyle
(Stan and Kyle are definitely iNtuitives and I think both are P's- Stan may be an INTP..)
Stan is the NT and Kyle is the NF.

ENTJ-Cartman (We agree, :D)

ISTP-Kenny (From what we know of him- he is a risk taker and doesn't seem to be very emotional)

INFP-Butters.. he may simply be a very awkward ENFP though. I don't think he ever shuts up.

Tweek.. I don't know but I would have thought him to be an I.

ISFP: Mr. Mackey, m'kay.

ESFP: Chef- he definitely has strong use of Se.. whether it's dominant or tertiary I'm not sure.

ESFJ: Kyle's mom- her reasons for being autocratic in "South Park: The Movie" were more those of an F who wanted to protect the children rather than a T who would do it for the sake of power.

ESFP: Cartman's mom: I don't mean to diss ESFP's.. but I just can't see an ESFJ sleeping with every guy in South Park- maybe an ESFP.

ESTJ: Mrs/Mr. Garrison: He/she has some problems but I think the fact that he/she is more of a T is what makes it even funnier.. very blunt, outspoken.. doesn't really give a shit about what others think.

ENTP: Terrance and Phillip: Either ENTP or ESTP- both types like their fart jokes.

ISFP: Jesus- This Jesus is very chill and non-Messiahish (the real Jesus was probably an ENFJ) but I think he's still an F.

ENFJ: Wendy- I don't think she's a P at all.

Randy Marsh, Stan's dad, is an ESFP.

agree with:
Stan - ENTP
Cartman - ENTJ
Kenny - ISTP
Butters - INFP
Garrison - ESTJ
Randy Marsh - ESFP

i think kyle is INFJ, though. seems like an Fe user, but not an EFJ.

Wendy is probably INFJ too.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Cartman is too dumb to an ENTJ. ENTJ's are half INTJs. And being loud and aggressive does not imply you are entj.

Sling

MBTI Type
N358
Howbout some of the minor characters?

Towelie: Blazed INFP

Josh Myers(The Hannibal Lecter Toilet Paperer Spoof) : INTJ

Jimbo : ISTX

Super Adventure Club Guy : INTJ
sac.jpg

Cartman is an ESTP or an ENTJ depending on the episode. Same way as Batman is an ISTP or an INTJ depending on the writer.

redacted

Cartman is too dumb to an ENTJ. ENTJ's are half INTJs. And being loud and aggressive does not imply you are entj.

a) watch southpark
b) learn MBTI

cartman is an obvious Te dom with all the traits of an Ni visionary. ENTJ.

intelligence does not matter. and even if it did, cartman is probably the smartest character on the show, or at least tied with stan.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone who says that Cartman is something other than an ENTJ knows nothing about MBTI:

Cartman is too dumb to be an ENTJ.

Yep, that pretty much sounds right. :rolli:

Cartman so obviously uses an NT strategic intellect and is extremely outgoing and judgmental decisive.

hakuna

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Old Thread!

Anyway, I have to assert that Cartman is definitely an ENTJ! Butters would be an INFP ,gotta love the shadow side (professor chaos). Kenny is an ISTP, Kyle is definitely an N (I/ENFJ?), I'm not too sure about Stan, ENTP, as others have said, sounds plausible.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Cartman is too dumb to [be] an ENTJ.

impossible.

Stan is probably ESTP. He's the everyman/boy
Kyle is some kind of NFJ.
Butters INFP.
Kenny ISTP
Randy Marsh ENFP
Mr. Slave ISFP
Mr. Mackey ISFJ