• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rob Lowe

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Actually, I take that back. He's an ESFP.

Rob Lowe doesn't even understand the word "fidelity."

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good argument for ESFP actually. :laugh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Good argument for ESFP actually. :laugh:

I hate to stereotype, but most of the SFJ males I know think cheaters should be boiled alive in oil.

Of course there are exceptions, but Rob Lowe's sex life is of epic proportions. It's not even like he left his wife for his mistress. Dude's just had a string of nannies and teenagers or something.

G

Glycerine

From the tone of his book, he always lived with an undercurrent of anxiety and security seeking which propelled him to go into excess of "fun" and "excitement" to avoid his personal and family problems. He was the posterchild of escapism and avoidance so that it why originally saw him as 6w7. However, speedy made a possible suggestion of 3w2.

ESFJ: people pleaser tendencies, image conscious, "controlling", guarded/ somewhat self controlled as a child, security seeking family man, very private and somewhat inhibited, always wanted some sense of belonging to a "group", ambition, and determination.

ESFP: had many spur of the moment adventures as young child, lost his virginity at 14 as a bday gift from a good friend and just "went with it", likes to live in the present and not "plan" his career, was self proclaimed daredevil before he became famous and loved taking on "challenges" from friends, acting, and dangerous physical activities, known for impromptu humor, "acts like a kid in an adult body".

Those are just some of the potential arguments I saw from his book.

Lightyear

It's not even like he left his wife for his mistress. Dude's just had a string of nannies and teenagers or something.

How do you know this? Any links? All I can find is the nanny lawsuit from 2008 but that was dismissed. And the teenage incident is from back in the 80s. I can't find anything that proves that he is cheating on his wife apart from the general assumption that he is the kind of guy who would be unfaithful.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
His relationship with Melissa Gilbert also involved infidelity and he dumped her when he realized she was pregnant, although they had dated on and off for YEARS and were engaged.

I dunno, he seems pretty sleazy to me, overall. It's not just that he's had sex with people (haven't we all) it's the fact that most of his adventures seem completely lacking in any ethical content. Fe doesn't seem like his first, heroic priority.

He's most likely an ESFP who grew up and developed his Fi-aux more later in life, which may be why he seems more settled now (but even now there are hints and allegations of him harrassing or making out with the baby-sitter).

P.S. I'm in no way saying that ESFPs in general are sleazy because they're not. I'm saying that Se seems more likely as a dom function than Fe.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rob is not a 6w7, he's not pranoid at all, and not into imagining the worst. He confessed to be quite shy and anxious, but actually, most part of 3s are more or less shy and anxious, above all, Rob is fundamentally optimistic and take confidence by being focused on tasks and success. He's good natured and rather confident in life and in people, sane, not insane. Clearly closer with Elvis Presley than with Axl Rose, you know what I mean. Elvis was Sx/So, in comparaison, Rob is sexy, but less provocant in his sex-appeal, he's also socially softer and more suave, who belongs to belongs. 3w2 So/Sx so.