• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing Squidward, Spongebob, Patrick?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Note the great potential for neighborly conflict between an orderly type 1 and a playful type 7 (or 6w7 if you want). Whereas there is less potential conflict between a Spongebob type 7 and a Sandy type 3, who are both extraverted types. .

I didn't notice what you were saying here before, I don't know how :doh:

I agree, he's most probably a 1, and it fits nicely with ISTJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I didn't notice what you were saying here before, I don't know how :doh:

I agree, he's most probably a 1, and it fits nicely with ISTJ.

Originally someone here thought 3W4 or 1W9. It's rather easy to follow the reasoning there. If Squidward is an ISTJ (which seems to be without doubt) then nobody is going to go with 4. But he is artsy and narcissistic, so maybe 3W4 instead. But he is too introverted and curmudgeonly, uncompetitive and lacking in ambition to be a 3, so maybe 1w9.

To me, Squidward seems kind of neurotic, so I looked up the type 1 levels of deterioration and move to 4. Riso's description matched up well with a Squidward type 1 at level 4 or 5.

I didn't see Squidward's attempts at art and music to be necessarily indicative of type. Anybody can have desires in that direction. But surrounding himself with the trappings of an aesthetic lifestyle, even the shape of his house, is exactly like the 1 upon moving to 4. I thought about other type 1s I've known or know about, such as 1w9 (level 6) Ayn Rand who appears like a 4 at times and enjoyed the aesthete or even Bohemian lifestyle. And I knew a type 1 lady, a definitely deteriorated personality (level 8 or 9), who had stone lions among other such art representations in front of her place, reminiscent of Squidward's stone house.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As for someone's previous comment about Squidward's portraits of himself on the walls of his house, that reminds me of Ayn Rand again, a 1w9 who rarely quoted anybody in her writing except herself (esp. Galt's speech from her novel Atlas Shrugged).

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Originally someone here thought 3W4 or 1W9. It's rather easy to follow the reasoning there. If Squidward is an ISTJ (which seems to be without doubt) then nobody is going to go with 4. But he is artsy and narcissistic, so maybe 3W4 instead. But he is too introverted and curmudgeonly, uncompetitive and lacking in ambition to be a 3, so maybe 1w9.

To me, Squidward seems kind of neurotic, so I looked up the type 1 levels of deterioration and move to 4. Riso's description matched up well with a Squidward type 1 at level 4 or 5.

I didn't see Squidward's attempts at art and music to be necessarily indicative of type. Anybody can have desires in that direction. But surrounding himself with the trappings of an aesthetic lifestyle, even the shape of his house, is exactly like the 1 upon moving to 4. I thought about other type 1s I've known or know about, such as 1w9 (level 6) Ayn Rand who appears like a 4 at times and enjoyed the aesthete or even Bohemian lifestyle. And I knew a type 1 lady, a definitely deteriorated personality (level 8 or 9), who had stone lions among other such art representations in front of her place, reminiscent of Squidward's house.

I've seen quite much the same thing in a few ones, their rooms are always full of neat little items and are always very... well, aesthetic, it's really cool and makes me kind of jealous :blushing:. I would have thought that fours would do the same thing though?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've seen quite much the same thing in a few ones, their rooms are always full of neat little items and are always very... well, aesthetic, it's really cool and makes me kind of jealous :blushing:. I would have thought that fours would do the same thing though?

I wish I could have seen the inside of that lady's house, not that I really wanted to go near the place. It was scary looking actually, not like a haunted house but like some beautiful yet very deadly animal. Like a lion. A type 4's house that I actually did visit was not aesthetic, just plainly decorated, but clean and well-kept. She had very expensive pure-bred cats that reminded me of her: walking around delicately, paws barely touching the ground, with their tails and noses in the air, with an attitude something like "I may allow you to touch, but never possess." Like something fragile and precious.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All those fish - I guess they are mackerels - that are all around like extras in a movie, strike me as very 6w7, one and all.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Squidders: INTJ, 4w3 (he's not 3w4 you buttfuckees, he doesn't actually accomplish anything, he just dreams of it)
Sponge: ENFP, 7w6...turns into 6w7 when he gets into "Gary. you will eat your fucking cat food" mode.
Patricia: ISFP, 9w0 (pure 9)

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
All those fish - I guess they are mackerels - that are all around like extras in a movie, strike me as very 6w7, one and all.

lol, they're supposed to represent "normal people".

If "normal people" are all ISTJ 6w7s with anger management problems.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
spongebob - enfp 7w6
patrick - isfp 9w8
squidward - istj 4w3
mr krabs - estj 8w9
plankton - intj 8w7
sandy - entp 7w8

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
spongebob: ESFJ 7w6>2w3>9w1 So/Sx
Patrick: ?S?P 9w8>6w7>3w2 Sp/So
Squidward: ISTJ 3w4>1w9>6w5 Sp/So
Mr Crabs: E?T? 6w5 or 5w6>8w7>3w2 Sp/So
Sandy: E?FP 8w7>7w6>2w3 So/Sx
Plankton: ENTJ 8w7>3w4>5w6 Sp/Sx

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I haven't watched a SpongeBob episode in a long time but I think their types are pretty easy.

Sponge Bob: ENFP (P's can be hilariously OCD- he takes a live and let live approach to life.)
Patrick: ISFP (I thought about ISTP but F makes more sense.)
Squidward: ISTJ (INTJ is possible but more S-ish.)
Mr. Krabs: ESFJ (the humor behind Mr. Krabs is that he is absolutely in love with money)
Sandy: ESTP (The rough and ready cowgirl- what else?)
Plankton: ENTJ (an INTJ would be a more subtle villain than Plankton- he might even be ENTP- he desires recognition more than power.)

These are the most accurate guesses I have ever seen on this subject. :)

Typing SpongeBob? :wtf:

Ya maybe you're right. Spongebob and his pals are such idiotic morons! On second thought is typing them even possible? :huh:

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Spongebob is a very psychologically healthy version of whatever he is, but lacks the ability to notice when someone doesn't like him or is insulting him. Those two things make it very hard to type him. I think he could well be 6w7 - responsible, conservatively and neatly dressed, loves being a part of things and teamwork, and loves to keep busy with various hobbies.

However, I can also see him as a very healthy 3w2. Doing the best he can and being productive in the things he loves are obviously very important thrills in his life. He gets up every morning confidently announcing "I'm ready!" and really meaning it, and not in a 7ish can't-wait-to-start-thinking-about-various-novel-things-to-experience way; in a more focused, keen-to-achieve, expecting challenges to be fun, and being fine with the day's important activities being pretty similar every day, kind of way.

The fact that healthy Threes become more Six-like and vice versa makes it even harder. I'd love for him to be a Three just because Threes seem to get a bad reputation, even in the TV shows of a highly 3-ish country like the US.

Aesthete

Gone
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think all of these characters are extremes. I mean, I haven't really met anybody like Spongebob or Patrick in my life; maybe some Squidwards exist, but I don't know too many businessmen.;)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Spongebob is a very psychologically healthy version of whatever he is, but lacks the ability to notice when someone doesn't like him or is insulting him. Those two things make it very hard to type him. I think he could well be 6w7 - responsible, conservatively and neatly dressed, loves being a part of things and teamwork, and loves to keep busy with various hobbies.

However, I can also see him as a very healthy 3w2. Doing the best he can and being productive in the things he loves are obviously very important thrills in his life. He gets up every morning confidently announcing "I'm ready!" and really meaning it, and not in a 7ish can't-wait-to-start-thinking-about-various-novel-things-to-experience way; in a more focused, keen-to-achieve, expecting challenges to be fun, and being fine with the day's important activities being pretty similar every day, kind of way.

The fact that healthy Threes become more Six-like and vice versa makes it even harder. I'd love for him to be a Three just because Threes seem to get a bad reputation, even in the TV shows of a highly 3-ish country like the US.

Good point.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SpongeBob - ENFP seems about right. He can go from happy to sad to angry to sleepy in the blink of an eye, but nonetheless is full of energy and can become pretty "out there" if he wants. He does have some J traits though, like a strict routine in the morning or being on time for work every day.

Patrick - Definitely an SP. He doesn't have too many friends, but that doesn't make him an introvert. I can see him as an ESFP, but he has bursts of anger and can "go with the flow" like an ESTP. I'm more confident with ESFP, however.

Squidward - I think he's an ISTJ. He hates his job at the Krusty Krab so he might not look as dutiful as one, but he does show many negative traits. Bossy, temperamental, and rigid. He also shows some positives, for example, having an interest in music, decorating, and art, and being able to act classy and sophisticated.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Spongebob: ENFP 7w6 so/sx
Patrick: ISFP 9w8 sp/so
Squidward: ISTJ 3w4 so/sp
Sandy: ESTP 8w7 so/sx

Imo. :thinking: I relate more to Sandy than I do Spongebob though.