• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sherlock (TV Series)

yoyo

MBTI Type
xNxP
Anyone seen the new Sherlock BBC series? It's very good. Anyone want a stab at typing the characters? Same as the originals, or different?

I'd say:
Sherlock: IxTP
Watson: IxFJ
Lestrade: ESxJ
Moriarty: ENTP?
Mycroft: xxTJ

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I haven't read the actual Sherlock Holmes series in ages, but in this series (which is quite brilliant) Sherlock strikes me as a heavily ingenious ISTP. Such a good example of a crazy intelligent S, since Ns tend to get that smart guy cliche. At his core, this Sherlock is a thrill seeker who notices the littlest details to help him figure out not only crimes but people instantaneously.

Watson, INFJ seems about right. Someone who pulls Sherlock away from his almost (self-described) sociopathically detached outlook as much as he can. He sees a body as more than a thrill or a game in both an N way and an F way. At least to me.

Mycroft is an I(?)NTP. He's fine contemplating, but he's not so happy with, as he puts it, "legwork". Why I'd lean I: Mycroft was, I think, an I in the original series and tends to keep very limited company and comes off as not especially outgoing here.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Absolutely love this show. I've been a huge Sherlock Holmes fan most of my life and Benedict Cumberbatch is now my second fav Sherlock Holmes after Jeremy Brett. Which is saying a lot. The modern update is generally brilliant and the casting and scripts are awesome.

I'd hazard the following for types:

Sherlock: ISTP
Watson: ISFJ
Lestrade: ESTJ
Moriarty: ENTP (and he's crazy...haha)
Mycroft: INTJ
Mrs Hudson: ESFJ
Molly: INFJ