• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Correlations between Zodiac Signs and Types

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't give astrology any credence, but I do find it interesting as another sort of personality/temperament system, just one with more ancient, flaky/mystical roots. I got really into the whole system of it for a while; natal charts, houses+planets, ect. but what really interested me the most was each zodiac sign and the associations and archetypes each one carries, much like each tarot card has it's own areas of influence and association.

At the core, the 12 signs (let's leave Ophiuchus out of this, please) are defined by two basic traits: element and modality - the first category consisting of fire, earth, air, and water - the second of cardinal (initiating), fixed (arguably correlated with judging), and mutable (arguably correlated with perceiving). There is also a third less important and less recognized category based on the order of the signs; the first four elements are concerned with the "personal" (basically like a self-preservational enneagram subtype), the second four with the social world (so) and the final four with the "universal" (sx?). This also seems to have some correlations with the id, ego, and superego, respectively. But of course these generalized correlations do not often hold up, as the element is probably the single most defining factor in terms of overall temperament of each sign (for example, as an air sign, aquarius is most certainly perceiving just like the other air signs despite being of a fixed modality, while Scorpio is such a sx first it's not even funny).

Aries: ESTP, or Se/Te (ESFP in dom/tert loop) 8w7 8-7-3 SLuEn Choleric/Sanguine Basic "Type A" Personality. Prone to Antisocial and Sadistic Personality Disorders (and possibly narcissistic to a lesser extent). In Beebe's archetypes of the functions, Aries is obviously the dominant/hero (or opposing), and in Freudian theory, "The id"

Taurus: ISxx (Si/Se, more Percieving but also more of an SJ/Guardian) 9w8 with some 6 qualities. Gut Triad, and the definition of the self-preservational instinctual variant. RCueN Phlegmatic? Basic "Type B" Personality and is essentially the manifestation of sensing in JCF terms. The Parent/supporting/auxiliary or the opposing roles in Beebe's function theory. Also id-like.

Gemini: ENTP, or Ne/Fe loop. Probably the most extroverted of all signs. Pure 7. ScUEI Pure Sanguine. Prone to Histrionic, Borderline, and Narcissistic Personality Disorders. The puella/child/tertiary and the deceiving/trickster in Beebe's function archetypes. ego-id.

Cancer: ISFJ. 6-2-4 sp/so 6-4-9 PIS RLOAN Pure Supine. Emphasis on Si and Feeling functions in general. The essence of the self-preservational 6 and the HSP. Prone to OCD, OCPD, and Avoidant, Depressive, Passive-Aggressive, Paranoid, and Dependent Personality Disorders. Parent/auxiliary/supporting role in Beebe's function archetypes. ego.

Leo: ENxJ 8w7 or 3 with either wing. 3 fits best. Emphasis on Je (with Ni supporting). 3w(4/2)-8w7-7w8 8-7-3 SIP SxoEi Choleric/Sanguine. Prone to Histrionic and Narcissistic Personality Disorders. Dominant/Hero role or Opposing role in Beebe's function archetypes. "The EGO"

Virgo: ISTJ, or ISFJ in dom/tert function loop of Si/Ti. Emphasis on Si + T. 5w6, 6w5, or 1w9. 1w9-5w6-2w1 and 5-1-9 PIS in Magic's system. RCOAN Melancholic. Very prone to both OCD and OCPD, and also prone to Paranoid and a bit of passive-aggressive personality disorders. The senex/witch/critical parent in Beebe's function archetypes. ego-superego.

Libra: EsFx (more of a perceiver, but definitely Fe dominant.) The perfect example of a 2w3 so. 2-7-9 SIP ScuAn Sanguine/Supine. Prone to Dependent, Passive-Aggressive, Narcissistic, and Histrionic Personality Disorders. The auxiliary/parent in Beebe's function archetypes. Like Pisces, because they "merge" or "complement" so well with others, they have a danger of losing their own identity in pleasing others. ego.

Scorpio: INTJ, some INFJs (Ni dominant, with strong Fi, Te, and Se). 4w5, maybe some 8w9s, SX/so 8-4-…1? RCoEI Melancholic/Choleric. Prone to several personality disorders, most notably Schizoid, Sadistic, Paranoid, and Antisocial. The Devilish/Demon role in Beebe's function archetypes (or the inferior/animus/anima/aspirational for the conscious functions). Scorpio is essentially a combination of a 4 and an 8. Ego-id.

Sagittarius: EsTP, with emphasis on ExxP/Pe dom. Pure 7. SCUaI Doesn't seem to be prone to any personality disorders. Pure Sanguine. Puella/Tertiary/Child or Deceiver/Trickster in Beebe's function archetypes. Superego-id.

Capricorn: ISTJ emphasis on Te. 3-1-5 so/sp or sp/so SPI RCOxN Melancholic/Choleric. Prone to Anti-social and Schizoid Personality Disorders. Senex/Witch/Critical Parent role in Beebe's function archetypes. The workaholic of the zodiac. ego.

Aquarius: ENTP, mix of 7 and 5. Emphasis on intuition, especially Ne. 5w4 or 7w6-9w1-4w5 social dominant 7-1-9 SIP SCUAI Sanguine/Phlegmatic. Prone to OCPD, Paranoid Personality Disorder and Schizotypal Personality Disorder. The Auxiliary/Parent role in Beebe's function archetypes. Superego.

Pisces: INFP (xNFP to the max, ENFP is the only other type that remotely fits). 9-4-2 sx/so ISP RxUAI Supine/Sanguine/Phlegmatic mix. Prone to Self-Defeating, Dependent, Depressive, and Schizotypal Personality Disorders. The inferior/animus/anima/Aspirational function role in Beebe's function archetypes. "The Superego"

So what do you think? Do you identify at all with your sun sign (or moon sign or ascendent)? Anyone familiar with astrology care to add more correlations or comment on any of my ideas?

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
Scorpio: INTJ, some INFJs (Ni dominant, with strong Fi, Te, and Se). 4w5, maybe some 8w9s, SX/so 8-4-…1? RCoEI Melancholic/Choleric. Prone to several personality disorders, most notably Schizoid, Sadistic, Paranoid, and Antisocial. The Devilish/Demon role in Beebe's function archetypes (or the inferior/animus/anima/aspirational for the conscious functions). Scorpio is essentially a combination of a 4 and an 8. Ego-id.

Imma Taurus Sun, Taurus Moon INTJ, Ascendant Aquarius (I think...). I can't get enough of Scorpios; especially of the NFP flavour. They are a fine complement to my physical/worldly focus with their emotional creativity.

We once gathered some Stats regarding INTJ and sun sign on PerC...

intjbystarsign.JPG

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm a Gemini ENFP with a Scorpio ascendent.

I agree that Gemini seems ExxP, at least.

Capricorn seems very ISxJ to me, and your emphasis on ISTJ makes sense.

xSTP makes sense for Saggitarius and ESTx for Aries.

Piscies seems INFx or IxFP.

Oh...I forgot...my moon is in Capricorn. That's kind of important. That might explain my annoying ISTJ shadow.

mmhmm

meinmeinmein!

am enfp, 8w7 sx/so
sun in scorpio, moon in scorpio, ascendant capricorn

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Cancer: ISFJ. 6-2-4 sp/so 6-4-9 PIS RLOAN Pure Supine. Emphasis on Si and Feeling functions in general. The essence of the self-preservational 6 and the HSP. Prone to OCD, OCPD, and Avoidant, Depressive, Passive-Aggressive, Paranoid, and Dependent Personality Disorders. Parent/auxiliary/supporting role in Beebe's function archetypes. ego.

Leo: ENxJ 8w7 or 3 with either wing. 3 fits best. Emphasis on Je (with Ni supporting). 3w(4/2)-8w7-7w8 8-7-3 SIP SxoEi Choleric/Sanguine. Prone to Histrionic and Narcissistic Personality Disorders. Dominant/Hero role or Opposing role in Beebe's function archetypes. "The EGO"

My mum is cancer and is isfj fits quite well. I am an early leo born 30th of July that's why I prolly didnt make it to be J :D

Feels good your list, tho that topic is really highly speculative.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
I should point out that in my experience, horoscope is actually quite good at identifying *things you value* and *how you value them* regardless of MBTI type. MBTI is about 'the process of thought' as opposed to the 'why' of thought.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Love your correlation, Jade Curtiss! I had made very similar Enneagram associations before (back-of-the-notebook stuff, yanno?). I swapped Leo and Libra around, tho, since the Leo descriptions reminded me of my 2w3 dad... :)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chart-The-Course: Earth
ISTJ: Taurus
ISTP: Capricorn
INFJ: Virgo
INTJ: Capricorn

In-Charge: Fire
ESTJ: Sagittarius
ESTP: Ares
ENFJ: Leo
ENTJ: Ares

Behind-The-Scene: Water
ISFJ: Cancer
ISFP: Pisces
INFP: Pisces
INTP: Scorpio

Getting-Things-Going: Air
ESFJ: Libra
ESFP: Gemini
ENFP: Gemini
ENTP: Aquarius

It's about the sign, not about any correlations between MBTI type and sign. It seems that there's a correlation between sun sign and instinctual stackings. I made an inquiry and the two signs most likely to be Sx/So are Taurus and Libra, then it's Scorpio, then Cancer and Sagittarius, then Leo, Virgo, Capricorn, Aquarius, then Ares, then Pisces and Gemini is the sign least likely to be Sx/So.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
aries sun, sagittarius moon, libra rising, aries mercury, taurus venus, cancer mars

@speed gavroche, i'd think tauruses would be more likely to be sp first, not sx

i've always been into astrology, i know there's no logical reason it should be true but then why can i spot a virgo from a mile away??

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@speed gavroche, i'd think tauruses would be more likely to be sp first,

Taurus is ruled by Venus, they tend strongly to be Sx. Normal. Why Sp?

Libra is ruled by Vénus too, tend strongly to be Sx also. Then, there's Scorpio, lead by Mars and Pluto, tend strongly to be intense and self-destructive.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Taurus is ruled by Venus, they tend strongly to be Sx. Normal. Why Sp?

Libra is ruled by Vénus too, tend strongly to be Sx also. Then, there's Scorpio, lead by Mars and Pluto, tend strongly to be intense and self-destructive.

earth signs in general seem kinda sp to me, but i guess thinking about it most of the tauruses i know best are pretty intense people. most of the descriptions make them sound more down-to-earth and practical though.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see what you mean. Of course there's self-pres taurus. But Taurus is an Earth Sign in the sense "life is on earth, I'm here to possess and create". That can really lead to Sx. Taurus tend strongly to be highly sexuals, conquerant and also dominneering and possesive. They also form the impulse axis with Scorpios.

I was'nt really down-to-earth and practical, I was the opposite of that for a long time.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm an Aries by sun sign. I relate to the description somewhat, but some of it is very off. The zodiac signs are also described quite differently depending on which source you go to, but on some of the sites, I'd say that Aquarius fits the best. Also makes sense by what you said because I am sort of an enneatype 7/5 blend. So I guess I was born a little too late to be who I am :tongue:

A

Anew Leaf

The best correlation I can see is that the 4 different elements roughly correspond to the 4 temperment types.

I am an INFP Pisces. I am also type O-neg... so you can see that God just wants me to give and give and give....

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I am an Aquarius ENFP. Perhaps that works with an Ne-Te loop, too?