• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DC Comics characters

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, he spends lots of time formulating plans, working on crime cases or training and studying things related criminology and he's always portrayed as being super aloof with a strong anti social streak. I imagine most extroverts wouldn't be able to handle the kind of lifestyle he leads and while he does socialize normally (as Bruce Wayne) I think it's often sparingly and he doesn't seem to value small talk or acquaintances that much and is not one for frivolities.

Agreed. Like I said, I think he's most often portrayed as an INTJ.

Just to play devil's advocate for a moment here, though, I'll use my own life experience as an ENTJ to say that he could very well be an extravert. Strange for someone so aloof, I know.

However, death and loss change people in all kinds of ways. When I was a teenager, I watched a close friend die of cancer, and in my 20s I lost the first true love of my life to an intoxicated driver. As you can imagine, those two things did a number on me psychologically. My response primarily was social withdrawal. It's how I dealt. I needed space from the world and lots of it. Even to this day, I am not particularly social despite being an extravert. The thing is, I love going out into the world, personally putting my plans into action, and striving to make a difference in it.

Likewise Batman was deeply affected by the death and loss in his life. He's withdrawn, yes, but is it really his time in the bat cave that recharges his batteries? Which does he actually need more: the time he spends formulating plans in the bat cave (Ni), or the work he does out in the world putting his plans into action as Batman (Te)?

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I found one write-up that asserts Batman is ENTJ:
Batman/Bruce Wayne - Jungians and Dragons - ENTJ

The article attributes his social withdrawal to other factors of his personality besides introversion, namely his Enneagram Tritype. And I think in some of his incarnations they definitely have a case.

I only bring it up because ENTJ is a real possibility for a lot of good fictional characters that get identified as other types simply because, as we agreed, ENTJs aren't generally viewed as heroes.

I'd like to think we make pretty awesome good guys myself.

I find it rather interesting that Batman and you are the same MBTI, tritype, and variant. It's quite a pity that they did not type any other characters from the Batman franchise. I would love to know what they think about them as well.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find it rather interesting that Batman and you are the same MBTI, tritype, and variant. It's quite a pity that they did not type any other characters from the Batman franchise. I would love to know what they think about them as well.

Well, the enneagram stuff I'm not as certain on. I'm definitely an 8, pretty sure 8w9, but 8w7 is possible. Tritype and variant came from online tests, but we all know how 'accurate' they can be. SP/SX is possible, too. I really have to delve into it more to say for sure.

Nice catch, though. Maybe I should make my signature, "I'm Batman" lol.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, the enneagram stuff I'm not as certain on. I'm definitely an 8, pretty sure 8w9, but 8w7 is possible. Tritype and variant came from online tests, but we all know how 'accurate' they can be. SP/SX is possible, too. I really have to delve into it more to say for sure.

Nice catch, though. Maybe I should make my signature, "I'm Batman" lol.

I consider myself one of the biggest Bat-fans, so I can't let you have that honor :rofl1:

unless of course you happen to know a lot about the franchise :D

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not to worry [MENTION=26104]Quint[/MENTION] . I wouldn't insult the Caped Crusader with such bravado. Plus I still lean toward INTJ for Batman. It was just nice seeing a breakdown for ENTJ.

"I'm Batgirl" might work, though. I got nice lashes for a dude.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
all action characters r XTNJ or ISTP

it is the same in real life, u never know when an action scene going to break out in real life and it'll most likely be two XNTJ'S XSTP's fighting 2 the death. Like Petter Griffin and Rooster.

What about Harley Quinn? I'm going to go out on a limb and say she's an ENFP. She used to be a criminal psychologist and then went crazy and turned into the Joker's love interest/partner in crime.

Carpe Vinum

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Harley Quinn is another character where it depends on the writer/actor portraying her.

ExFP for sure, though. Most definitely.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just noticed something. Killer Croc was left out. Nobody gave him an enneagram or variant. He's definitely ISTP. I couldn't find an Arkham Video for him. I don't know what would be a useful video but here's one.