• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Li Mu Bai: INFJ 5w4 sx/so
Yu Shu Yien: ISFJ 1w2 sx/so
Jen: ESTP 7w8 sp/sx
Dark Cloud: ESFP 2w1 sx/so
Jade Fox: ESTJ 8w7 sx/sp

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

That works. I had originally thought of Jen as ISTP and Jade Fox as ESTP, but I guess yours works, too. And Jen does seem more like an ESTP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That works. I had originally thought of Jen as ISTP and Jade Fox as ESTP, but I guess yours works, too. And Jen does seem more like an ESTP.

the only thing I could really be sure of for Jade Fox was NTJ, STJ or STP.

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

You've got most of it right, I think (Li Mu Bai in particular makes perfect sense as that), but I'm not sure about Jen. I could just as easily see 8w7; she seems a bit too cold, confrontational, and blindly confident to be a 7. I also think either ESFP or ENTJ in an extroverted function loop of Te/Se makes more sense for her than ESTP from a function standpoint. I see no evidence of Ti, and certainly no tertiary Fe. She abhors anything Fe-like and having to deal with the formalities and social constraints of her status; Te/Fi would make much more sense than Ti/Fe.

OTOH, Dark Cloud seems more like the ESTP. While I don't think he's a 2 (the epitome of Fe), the fact that you typed him as such reminded of the fact that he did seem to exude some Fe qualities, the way an ESTP would display them, but I don't think he's really fleshed out enough to say for certain anything but ESxP. However, I do think he is a 7w6 rather than a 2. Why do you think 2 for him? We never really see much of his interaction with his men, but he comes off as more of the e7 playful, charming, innocent rogue style of character (very similar to Jack Sparrow actually, including the mannerisms and look) rather than being focused on others needs like a 2 (though he obviously cares for Jen).

And just for fun:
Li Mu Bai: Melancholic/Phlegmatic RCOAI
Yu Shu Lien: Melancholic/Supine RCOAx
Jen: Choleric SLUEx
Dark Cloud: Sanguine SCUAI
Jade Fox: Choleric SLOEx

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You've got most of it right, I think (Li Mu Bai in particular makes perfect sense as that), but I'm not sure about Jen. I could just as easily see 8w7; she seems a bit too cold, confrontational, and blindly confident to be a 7. I also think either ESFP or ENTJ in an extroverted function loop of Te/Se makes more sense for her than ESTP from a function standpoint. I see no evidence of Ti, and certainly no tertiary Fe. She abhors anything Fe-like and having to deal with the formalities and social constraints of her status; Te/Fi would make much more sense than Ti/Fe.

OTOH, Dark Cloud seems more like the ESTP. While I don't think he's a 2 (the epitome of Fe), the fact that you typed him as such reminded of the fact that he did seem to exude some Fe qualities, the way an ESTP would display them, but I don't think he's really fleshed out enough to say for certain anything but ESxP. However, I do think he is a 7w6 rather than a 2. Why do you think 2 for him? We never really see much of his interaction with his men, but he comes off as more of the e7 playful, charming, innocent rogue style of character (very similar to Jack Sparrow actually, including the mannerisms and look) rather than being focused on others needs like a 2 (though he obviously cares for Jen).

And just for fun:
Li Mu Bai: Melancholic/Phlegmatic RCOAI
Yu Shu Lien: Melancholic/Supine RCOAx
Jen: Choleric SLUEx
Dark Cloud: Sanguine SCUAI
Jade Fox: Choleric SLOEx

I can see 8w7 for Jen as well (certainly 8w7 or 7w8). I don't see ENTJ or ESFP. and ENTJ would be much more planned and calculated (she was neither). also, I don't see her as ESFP. ESTP seems best to me
- she's a lot like Scarlet O'Hara from Gone with the Wind
- she's impulsive, but pregmatic and opportunistic (in an Se/Ti sort of way)
- ESFPs tend to be more "jolly"
- ESTPs often hold disdain for pointless social customs, especially those that get in the way of their freedom (particularly in the case of 8w7 and 7w8)

2 was a guess for dark cloud, 7w6 works much better :yes:

KDude

I thought Jen was ISFP awhile back. If she's ESTP, I might as well be.

Ti wants to steal my favorite badasses. And I'm left with nothing but bunny rabbits and shit. Bitches. :cool:

TypologyCentral

Permabanned
OMG, this is one of my favorite movies. I’m not sure how you guys were able to determine types with all the awesome action going on. It’s so limited of a sample :(

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought Jen was ISFP awhile back. If she's ESTP, I might as well be.

Ti wants to steal my favorite badasses. And I'm left with nothing but bunny rabbits and shit. Bitches. :cool:

the Fi users still have all the bad ass SFPs and NTJs out there. if you want to see bad ass FPs and TJs, watch any anime and you'll probably see several :yes:

KDude

OMG, this is one of my favorite movies. I’m not sure how you guys were able to determine types with all the awesome action going on. It’s so limited of a sample :(

Yeah, there really isn't much to go on, character-wise. In the case of Jen, she's probably Se valuing, just for the impulsiveness and level of physical adeptness. Her desire for freedom is common for many types, but might as well stereotypically attribute to more Pe. The only reason why I thought Fi is just about everything she does is driven by love. She's a bit self-absorbed to be an extrovert imo. Her boyfriend, the Hun looking dude, is kind of more ESTP to me.. and more merry in the way they are. Just my 2c.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, there really isn't much to go on, character-wise. In the case of Jen, she's probably Se valuing, just for the impulsiveness and level of physical adeptness. Her desire for freedom is common for many types, but might as well stereotypically attribute to more Pe. The only reason why I thought Fi is just about everything she does is driven by love. She's a bit self-absorbed to be an extrovert imo. Her boyfriend, the Hun looking dude, is kind of more ESTP to me.. and more merry in the way they are. Just my 2c.

the correlation with self absorbsion and introversion is very loose and even then it has more to do with certain introverted functions than introversion itself (usually Fi or Ni). several ENFJs and ENFPs (guilty as charged) are extremely self absorbed and certain enneatypes like 4s, 3w4s and 7s are likely to be self absorbed even if they're extroverts. that being said, I didn't think Jen was self absorbed at all. she was just bored and needed more stimulation and freedom (I think 8w7 actually works better than 7w8)

KDude

the correlation with self absorbsion and introversion is very loose and even then it has more to do with certain introverted functions than introversion itself (usually Fi or Ni). several ENFJs and ENFPs (guilty as charged) are extremely self absorbed and certain enneatypes like 4s, 3w4s and 7s are likely to be self absorbed even if they're extroverts. that being said, I didn't think Jen was self absorbed at all. she was just bored and needed more stimulation and freedom (I think 8w7 actually works better than 7w8)

I don't mean negative self-absorption. Probably not the right way to put it. She just seemed to be in her own world more than an ESTP. Even the way she trained was private.. Not even Jade Fox realized how much Jen was keeping to herself and learning on her own. She wasn't just removed from the aristocratic society, and longing for adventure away from that.. she wasn't open with her mentor either. She's secretive and didn't direct herself outwards at all. Not even for kicks, like the way her boyfriend does. He might live in a cave, but he's got more of an extroverted attitude.. he's got all of his homeboys, plays the lead raiding caravans, and even likes playing jokes with her like a lot of ESTPs typically do when they screw with people, making her chase him around for her comb. If anything, he's more involved and feeds off of things, like an extrovert would. As far as a movie goes, it doesn't have to be that complicated. She's not E.

I'd buy ISTP for her, but she has a large range of emotions then. Both sensitive and volatile enough to jump off of a cliff in the end.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is all this Se, Fi, Ni, stuff?

S = Sensing, N = Intuition, T = Thinking F = Feeling. the e or i next to them refers to the type of (introverted or extroverted) for instance
Fe = Extroverted Feeling (reading people's emotions, maintaining group harmony, guiding social give and take) Fe is used by FJs and TPs
Fi = Introverted Feeling (deeply held values and convictions, intrapersonal intelligence, reading, subjective analysis and definition) Fi is used by FPs and TJs

P/J in your type determines which functions are extroverted and which are introverted. J makes T or F extroverted while P makes S or N extroverted. for example, an INFJ has Ni (introverted intuition) and Fe(extraverted feeling). an INFP has Fi *(introverted feeling) and Ne (extroverted intuition).
if your first 2 functions are P functions (extroverted N or S, introverted F or T) your second 2 functions will be J functions. as such, an INFJs 3rd and 4th functions are Ti and Se while an INFPs 3rd and 4th functions are Si and Te.
the third function is the opposite of the 2nd, the 4th function is the opposite of the 1st

TypologyCentral

Permabanned
S = Sensing, N = Intuition, T = Thinking F = Feeling. the e or i next to them refers to the type of (introverted or extroverted) for instance
Fe = Extroverted Feeling (reading people's emotions, maintaining group harmony, guiding social give and take) Fe is used by FJs and TPs
Fi = Introverted Feeling (deeply held values and convictions, intrapersonal intelligence, reading, subjective analysis and definition) Fi is used by FPs and TJs

P/J in your type determines which functions are extroverted and which are introverted. J makes T or F extroverted while P makes S or N extroverted. for example, an INFJ has Ni (introverted intuition) and Fe(extraverted feeling). an INFP has Fi *(introverted feeling) and Ne (extroverted intuition).
if your first 2 functions are P functions (extroverted N or S, introverted F or T) your second 2 functions will be J functions. as such, an INFJs 3rd and 4th functions are Ti and Se while an INFPs 3rd and 4th functions are Si and Te.
the third function is the opposite of the 2nd, the 4th function is the opposite of the 1st

Oh, how did you learn about this? It seems very different from what I see on the internet. Is it from a book?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't mean negative self-absorption. Probably not the right way to put it. She just seemed to be in her own world more than an ESTP. Even the way she trained was private.. Not even Jade Fox realized how much Jen was keeping to herself and learning on her own. She wasn't just removed from the aristocratic society, and longing for adventure away from that.. she wasn't open with her mentor either. She's secretive and didn't direct herself outwards at all. Not even for kicks, like the way her boyfriend does. He might live in a cave, but he's got more of an extroverted attitude.. he's got all of his homeboys, plays the lead raiding caravans, and even likes playing jokes with her like a lot of ESTPs typically do when they screw with people, making her chase him around for her comb. If anything, he's more involved and feeds off of things, like an extrovert would. As far as a movie goes, it's not that complicated.

I'd buy ISTP for her, but she's a large range of emotions then, both sensitive and volatile enough to jump off of a cliff in the end.

ISTP works

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't mean negative self-absorption. Probably not the right way to put it. She just seemed to be in her own world more than an ESTP. Even the way she trained was private.. Not even Jade Fox realized how much Jen was keeping to herself and learning on her own. She wasn't just removed from the aristocratic society, and longing for adventure away from that.. she wasn't open with her mentor either. She's secretive and didn't direct herself outwards at all. Not even for kicks, like the way her boyfriend does. He might live in a cave, but he's got more of an extroverted attitude.. he's got all of his homeboys, plays the lead raiding caravans, and even likes playing jokes with her like a lot of ESTPs typically do when they screw with people, making her chase him around for her comb. If anything, he's more involved and feeds off of things, like an extrovert would. As far as a movie goes, it doesn't have to be that complicated. She's not E.

I'd buy ISTP for her, but she has a large range of emotions then. Both sensitive and volatile enough to jump off of a cliff in the end.

I agree with this, especially about Dark Cloud as ESTP, but I still have trouble seeing Jen as an introvert. She's always acting on impulse and taking action, often when it would be more beneficial to hold back and reflect first. She desires independence above all else, which doesn't necessarily indicate introversion. I'm thinking of her animated demeanor when first talking to Shu Lien and how she comes back to her at the warehouse after escaping to talk and receive guidance. She needs both interaction with others and freedom, not solitude. Her condescension and dismissal of others comes more from her rebellious nature/issues, being an 8, and being a strong T.