• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What MBTI is your state?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
A few countries that give off vibes culturally:

New Zealand, UK: ISFJ
Australia: ESFP
USA: ESTJ archetype - but varies between regions
Germany: ISTJ
France: INFP
Italy: ENFP
Japan: ISTP

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, looks like (approximating from this Big Five article) Massachusetts would be something like INTP (plus heavily neurotic). I think that generally fits, although I think ISTP would also work pretty well. Certainly that's a lot of Introversion and lot grumpy, edgy Thinking and Perceiving around here.

Nymphie

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wisconsin: ESFJ, though with some STP "Let's watch lots of football and kill deer while drunk!" going on.

mintleaf

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ohio: ESTP
Mississippi: ESFJ?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm from the Rockies. Pretty much all those states seem ISTP to me.

Currently in the ENTJ-ish DC metropolitan area.

jeffcoaster

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Texas is ESTP, y'all, not ESTJ. Sure, Texan pride might appear ESTJ. But the state itself personality-wise would have to be ESTP. Why? We're the only state that's ever been it's own country. And we do NOT operate according to the linear thinking of the rest of the 49 states. We are independent thinkers, odd-balls. We do things differently. That's all introverted thinking. So ESTP is it.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Alabama - ENFJ

I eagerly await the disagreement over it being Ni instead of Si.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In the states I've lived I can't say one specific type, but if I narrow it down to where I actually am/was I'd go with...

Silicon Valley: ESFJ

Cape Cod: ISFJ

NYC: ENTJ

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
California is so big that it has several types. San Francisco area is ENFJ, hands down. It's progressive, liberal but elitist and overly rigid in political correctness. It also reeks of Fe hypocrisy - the perfect haven for open minded politically correct advanced human ethics. ..with a bizarre homeless problem very few of the rich asshole hypocritical liberals seem to take responsibility for, because they are too busy fighting over circumcision and having gay pride parades.

I think very far North is likely more along the lines of ISFP, central coast maybe something more like INFJ, central and southern desert something rough and ready like ISTP.

The Los Angeles area is probably ESFP because of the emphasis on entertainment and theme parks, and the northern California influence of things like yoga, hippies, veganism, etc seems authentic in some cases, but is largely a trend and something to be social about for a lot of people. I mean for example Anne Hathaway going vegan and being all preachy, and instead of say, adding organic free range eggs back to her diet because she felt it didn't work for her...she went full on paleotard. That's Los Angeles in a nutshell.

Mountain areas like Big Bear Lake are like...SFP. There's a haunt of the entertainment industry, and yuppie restaurants, but also cool things like camping, hiking, and the towns just outside of Big Bear are sort of what I imagine very far north being like...sleepy little hamlets, but with a touch of being with it, not behind the times or square.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kansas: 6w5 So/Sp
Illinois: 3w4 Sp/Sx

- - - Updated - - -

California is so big that it has several types. San Francisco area is ENFJ, hands down. It's progressive, liberal but elitist and overly rigid in political correctness. It also reeks of Fe hypocrisy - the perfect haven for open minded politically correct advanced human ethics. ..with a bizarre homeless problem very few of the rich asshole hypocritical liberals seem to take responsibility for, because they are too busy fighting over circumcision and having gay pride parades.
I have never been to San Francisco, but this is pretty much exactly the impression of it I had :laugh:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the states I've lived I can't say one specific type, but if I narrow it down to where I actually am/was I'd go with...
Silicon Valley: ESFJ
....huh? it's Silicon Valley full of xNTx start up tech firm entrepreneurs and internet snobs? I would have though ?NTP for sure.

NYC: ENTJ
yes!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Alabama - ENFJ

I eagerly await the disagreement over it being Ni instead of Si.

Hmm...possibly. Some strangely progressive people and events have come from Alabama, like Zelda Fitzgerald and the Civil Rights movement.

I think the south in general is extremely ESFJ. Polite, rigid, traditional, in your business, good cooking, deep regard for history, no regard for your individuality...yet compassionate towards their relatives who are touched in the head, in a way I find very admirable, actually, we've kind of lost that as a nation...but in the south, you can be crazy as fuck, as long as you've got the right people being supportive. They also still care for the elderly or sick at home a lot.

Appalachian region, where I was born and spent the first ten years of my life, is more introverted, suspicious, self sufficient but almost naively kind, people in West Virginia take my breath away. The kindness is real and extremely unrehearsed. Maybe IxFP.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oklahoma as a whole is pretty ESFJ. Everyone over shares their life in public. You can't escape smalltalk if you're in line. Most everyone is polite, and adults preach the importance of manners in the middle of math class. At least people return your stuff, and act nice in general. 2w1 enneagram. Maybe.

The city I live in is more INFP. Especially the downtown area. There's like 10 extremely artsy measeums, and a bunch of indie artists trying to make a living with their overpriced craft stores. It's also signicantly more liberal than the rest of the state. Sterotypical INFP with an Fe streak.for enneagram I'd say 4w3.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmm...possibly. Some strangely progressive people and events have come from Alabama, like Zelda Fitzgerald and the Civil Rights movement.

You're not wrong. Alabama is primarily conservative and traditional. The larger cities, perhaps because of a shift of focus from rural self-sufficiency to elevating communities, tend to be slightly more progressive.

Compassionate...depending on how well you and your values align with your neighbors. Or how well you're good at pretending they do. A bit less otherwise.

Still very ENFJ.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
....huh? it's Silicon Valley full of xNTx start up tech firm entrepreneurs and internet snobs? I would have though ?NTP for sure

In my experience there's more of a focus on what's trendy and happening :shrug: The business part of it could be ENTP but overall there's a focus on modernism and keeping up with the times