• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's what they all say ;) (gosh, the excuses never end, just enjoy your enjoyment of the show. Pony Pride ftw)

OK, I admit, I like it :D

Actually, I think it would be rarer to find a guy who didn't like MLP-FIM. (bronies ftw :solidarity:)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nah, she's almost surely of the NT temperament. I stick with INTJ until further notice. Also, very 5w6.

Twilight's an ISTJ. There's nothing Ni about her. She also has an establishment-bent to her that strikes me as very SJ.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Twilight seems awfully affable in comparison to most IxTJ types I've heard about... Then again, I guess context is important here. :)

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Enneagram:

Twilight Sparkle: 6w5
She's not withdrawn enough to be a five. She may seem like one in the first episodes, but she's definitely not one.

Rainbow Dash: 3w2 I think this one is a bit obvious. 7w8s are usually much less show-offs and care less about being "the BEST flier of all equestria omgomg"

Applejack: 8w9

Rarity: 4w3

Pinkie Pie: 7w6

Fluttershy: 8w7 motha fockas

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Enneagram:

Twilight Sparkle: 6w5
She's not withdrawn enough to be a five. She may seem like one in the first episodes, but she's definitely not one.

I thought Twilight was a 1w9.

Fluttershy: 8w7 motha fockas

Most obvious.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Critical Hit

MBTI Type
ENTP
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw3DnhD8Gls&feature=related"]BRONIES[/YOUTUBE]

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Twilight's an ISTJ. There's nothing Ni about her. She also has an establishment-bent to her that strikes me as very SJ.
:yes:

I have a friend who watches the show a lot more than I do, who told me that I was totally Twilight Sparkle :laugh: and she said so citing an episode I haven't seen, where she hosts a slumber party by religiously following a checklist of what makes the best slumber party -- and then going "You guys have to have fun so I can check 'Have fun' off the checklist!". Totally can't see an INTJ or an INTP doing that.

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So... after Luna Eclipsed, I feel that I've found another glaring inaccuracy on the popular MBTI pony picture. I mean... no way is Luna an INFP. She almost seemed INTJ.

And Twilight's ISTJ, no doubt about it.

Cygnus

Anyone else think Luna is actually an Extrovert? I just can't see an Introvert deliberately drawing so much attention to herself like she did in Luna Eclipsed.

In fact, the prospect of Luna being an Introvert was never explicitly alluded to in the show. Her "traumatized Luna" appearance at the end of the pilot inspired all those fan interpretations of her. All of the jealousy that let her become Nightmare Moon was fueled by a desire for attention. To my knowledge, the only I-type that acts this way is INFJ...and Luna Eclipsed pretty much proved she wasn't INFJ, pretty sure.

I'd go with ENFJ for Luna, just stunted by years of imprisonment. I've actually heard a couple good arguments the Luna has Aspergers Syndrome, but let's leave that one to some other thread.

Cygnus

Actually, scratch that. I don't know why, but Luna's story strikes me as INFJ. Think about it. Wants nothing more than to be loved, relatively extroverted introvert, has one little flaw barring her from the affection of her fellow ponies. In INFJs, this flaw is shyness. In Luna it's quite the opposite: the Royal Canterlot Voice actually makes her too loud to be heard. Totally symbolic of an INFJ's life if he or she doesn't overcome shyness.

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was born in the 80's and played with my lil ponies as a little girl and ... I. I don't get it. has my lil pony turned into some pervie pony play show or something? how or why are adults watching a cartoon named my lil pony? ... am I missing something? I'm serious! I don't want to be offending. I've just always wondered how or why these threads pop up on the net. I don't get it. :shrug:

Cygnus

I was born in the 80's and played with my lil ponies as a little girl and ... I. I don't get it. has my lil pony turned into some pervie pony play show or something? how or why are adults watching a cartoon named my lil pony? ... am I missing something? I'm serious! I don't want to be offending. I've just always wondered how or why these threads pop up on the net. I don't get it. :shrug:

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/06/bronies-my-little-ponys/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronies
http://whatisabrony.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Est3UNs-LIk

Cygnus

So there is adult humor in the show? Like sponge bob or adventure time, all sprinkled in there cleverly?

Eh, I didn't go over those sources very well.

Basically, 4chan had this huge flame war of people spamming pictures of ponies and the mods banning anyone caught doing this, up to the point where they created their own Pony message board.

And it became the newest hipster craze to watch My Little Pony.

I think this is just a rebound from the decades-long cultural desert of bad cartoons we've been seeing, and finally someone's made a show that's not ridiculously bad! "OMGFTW a show that's not dogshit, omg imma watch this every day i dont care if it's a girl show!"

The saccharine environment is just a backdrop; if you know where to look, the show's actually written with stalwart dignity, with only an elite minority of even its animations ever blown out of proportion.

More than I can say for the current seasons of Spongebob.

NK258

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eh, I didn't go over those sources very well.

Basically, 4chan had this huge flame war of people spamming pictures of ponies and the mods banning anyone caught doing this, up to the point where they created their own Pony message board.

And it became the newest hipster craze to watch My Little Pony.

I think this is just a rebound from the decades-long cultural desert of bad cartoons we've been seeing, and finally someone's made a show that's not ridiculously bad! "OMGFTW a show that's not dogshit, omg imma watch this every day i dont care if it's a girl show!"

The saccharine environment is just a backdrop; if you know where to look, the show's actually written with stalwart dignity, with only an elite minority of even its animations ever blown out of proportion.

More than I can say for the current seasons of Spongebob.

Laughed out loud! hahaha! that was so thoroughly intense for a cartoon tangent. I like it! hahaha! I haven't seen sponge bob in a long time. adventure time still is a fav. my kid got into a few new shows lately. one called problem solvers. it's super weird! .. but that is just the thing. watching toons as a teenager high or when you have a kid is a little different than being 36 unemployed, forming fan clubs about my lil pony. That's when I draw the line. hahaha! I don't want to be a jerk but, someone has to say something! modern day man (and women) is a pain in the ass as it is, you guys don't need to make it worse than it already is! who's gonna squish the spiders! :p :wubbie: