• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dexter

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what tha hell. Dexter a INTJ..

Avik

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
LII
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dexter seems a lot like an INTJ to me.

tommyc

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
okay I haven't seen the show, but I just find it frustrating that serial killers and 'evil' people are always typed as INT. I'm pretty sure T function doesn't mean you're more likely to commit crimes, simply that you feel more comfortable with thoughts than emotions. A serial killer is just as likely to be an F as anyone else; his world view is badly twisted and he lacks empathy in certain scenarios, but this is either due to a scarring upbringing or an unusual genetic quirk.

Mohammedini

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
ISTJ and anyone saying INTJ don't know wtf they are talking about.

The guy is a slave to his rituals and routines it's not even funny.
His whole life is dedicated to following his fathers code to the point of panicking when he accidently broke it in s3.

He lacks any kind of guilt and conscience yet he wasn't able to kill Sgt Doakes when he found about his secret because it would break his "code".
Also, lets not forget how he always kills and disposes of all of his victims, the same repetitive way.
His "planned" murders consists of stalking his victim until they are alone and vulnerable, then he sedates and abduct them.

Ofc Dexter is a composite character and have traits of many different types.
The closest type to Dexter is ISTJ.

I'll ask anyone who typed Dexter as INTJ, Where is his Ni?
His "planned" murders consists of stalking his victim until they are alone then sedating and abducting them.
He does this with almost all of his victims.
This is one of his "rituals".

Yeah.. very Ni

R

Riva

ISTJ and anyone saying INTJ don't know wtf they are talking about.

Okay.

The guy is a slave to his rituals and routines it's not even funny.

His rituals (the way he kills people) is to gather maximum time and thereby satisfaction to clench his blood thirst.

His whole life is dedicated to following his fathers code to the point of panicking when he accidently broke it in s3.

His father wanted him to adhere to a code because he is an psychopath who lacks empathy. He does not see the difference (unline we might) between a pedophile rapist and a victim. There are no differences for him. He is a psychopath. (Atleast that is what the series is trying to portray him as). his code is taught to him by his father to prevent him for becoming a common serial killer who kills without empathy. Psychopaths can't be taught empathy, therefore his clever father gave him a code to live by. And he out of respect for the father and the family respects the code. He is no enslaved by it.

S3 is where he mistakenly tortured killed the wrong person isn't it? You don't have to be an ISTJ (or SJ) to feel disappointed about that. Lolz... What kind of an argument was that?

He lacks any kind of guilt and conscience yet he wasn't able to kill Sgt Doakes when he found about his secret because it would break his "code".

Without the code he is nothing but a blood thirsty serial killer. He promised his father whom he was so close to that he would never break the code. And then there was Doakes, trapped in his cage.

Also, lets not forget how he always kills and disposes of all of his victims, the same repetitive way.

Like I said earlier he kills his victims in a manner which allows his maximum time and satisfaction.

His "planned" murders consists of stalking his victim until they are alone and vulnerable, then he sedates and abduct them.

So only ISTJs are capable of following the most effective way over and over again? He follows that method becuase it is the most efficient. It's police training and it had never let him down. He would probably gladly change it if he believes it does not work anymore. Infact there were instances that he did change his stalking habits.

How would you expect an INTJ to plan their murders? By reading a book, coming up with a unique theory, philosophically analyzing the world around him etc?

If anything INTJs are is that they are extremely pragmatic. If it works they would adhere to it.

Yeah.. very Ni

Indeed.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Dexter - INTJ (structured and organized, he has the spirit of a scientist)
Debrah - ESFP
Harry - ISTJ (duty + Fi)
LaGuerta - xSFJ
Batista - ExFJ
Masuka - INTP
Rita - INFP
Quinn - ISTP
Trinity Killer from s4 - ESTJ
Frank Lundy - IxTJ (maybe even an avoidant extro)
Miguel Prado from s3 - ESTJ
Doakes - ISTJ
Brian Moser, Dex' brother from s1 - INFJ

just watching season 5, maybe I'll change my mind later

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I want to say he's an INTJ, but maybe he's just a damaged NF.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Since he works as a forensic, NT sounds better for me. The actor is an INFJ as far as I know.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i think walt from breaking bad is also an intj. makes sense when you think about it...both characters are rational, introverted types that people underestimate, all the while manipulating events and situations meticulously to produce their desired outcomes.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Nice ending I say.

2158901-851ac22e_d61912a9_cant_tell_if_serious.jpeg

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He's a blood spatter analyst, and he's okay,
He sleeps all night and he works all day
He analyses blood spatters, he eats his lunch,
He goes to the lava-try
On Wednesdays 'e goes shoppin'
And has buttered scones for tea
He analyses blood spatters, he skips and jumps,
He likes to press wild flowers
He puts on women's clothing
And hangs around.... In bars???????
He analyses blood spatters, he wears high heels
Suspendies?? and a .... a Bra????
(spoken, raggedly) What's this? Wants to be a *girlie*? Oh, My!
And I thought you were so rugged! Poofter!
He's a blood spatter analyst, and he's okaaaaaaayyy

LOL :rofl1:

Okay, I'm sorry, I get it, it's impolite to laugh at your own jokes, right?

R

Riva

I was. Obviously you didn't like the ending. May I know which parts you didn't like? Use a spoiler tag if you do choose to reply. Yes 'her' death was a bit too sad but the critics wouldn't have liked it much if it ended up too happy. Sometimes they do it for the critics.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
I was OK with the ending. I could have gone with the happy ending too (i.e. Deb recovers, Dexter & Hanna live happily ever after in Argentina). OTOH, it seems more appropriate to end the way it did.

However, the whole final season lacked intensity (compare and contrast to Breaking Bad) so in that regard Dexter has been a let down.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just watched the last episode... A big disappointment.

Some thoughts:

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dexter - INTJ (structured and organized, he has the spirit of a scientist)
Debrah - ESFP
Harry - ISTJ (duty + Fi)
LaGuerta - xSFJ
Batista - ExFJ
Masuka - INTP
Rita - INFP
Quinn - ISTP
Trinity Killer from s4 - ESTJ
Frank Lundy - IxTJ (maybe even an avoidant extro)
Miguel Prado from s3 - ESTJ
Doakes - ISTJ
Brian Moser, Dex' brother from s1 - INFJ

just watching season 5, maybe I'll change my mind later

Boy, we love our typism, don't we! Duty+Fi, what a lovely characterization. I guess if I want to become more dutiful, I just won't be able to do that because I am not an ISTJ.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Boy, we love our typism, don't we! Duty+Fi, what a lovely characterization. I guess if I want to become more dutiful, I just won't be able to do that because I am not an ISTJ.

Ok, it's indeed not the best argument for ISTJ, but hey, prove me wrong.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
Probably not. OTOH, you probably won't ever want to become more dutiful, so it's no big deal really.