• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

John Jakes' *Kent Family Chronicles*

heart

heart on fire
The First Book: The Bastard

Philippe Charboneau aka Philip Kent An INFP who turns crusty Te on the outside in later life

Anne Ware INTJ (sort of uncertain about this)

Alicia Parkhurst ESFx, she drinks confuses issue.

Roger Amberly uncertain, not enough character development, just your basic mean and crazy antagonist.

Marie Charboneau ENFJ

Girard INTP

Abraham Ware INTJ?

Lumden ISFP

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I've only read the first three... I thought they were excellent. But it was more than 14 years ago!

I'd need to re-read (and finish all 8!) to type. ;)

heart

heart on fire
The Second Book: The Rebels:

Philip--INFP who turns hardened Te type

Anne----- INTJ?

Justin Fletcher---- ESTP

Peggy ---- ISFJ

Alicia ---- ESFP

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Third Book: The Seekers

Abraham Kent--- ENFP

Elizabeth Fletcher ---- ESFP

Gilbert Kent ----- ISTJ

Harriet Kent---- ESFJ

Jared Kent ----- ENTP

Amanda Kent---- ENFJ ( Life forces her into a very unconvential life but at her core she seemed most Fe in her aspect to me. She lives to restore lost family honor.)

heart

heart on fire
I've only read the first three... I thought they were excellent. But it was more than 14 years ago!

I'd need to re-read (and finish all 8!) to type. ;)

I read them when I was 11-13 and I read them so many times I could probably recite them word for word. :D

The series sort of lags after "The Furies", but then the last novel "The Americans" is great, the main character Will, very sympathetic, or at least he was to me. ;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Never read the series, but I certainly know of it.

The more hilarious thing: Jakes also wrote a series of "Conan"-like novels episodic in nature about a character named Brak the Barbarian. (No kidding!) :)

heart

heart on fire
I never enjoyed any of his other work for some reason. I could never get into North and South.