• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

George McFly from "Back to the future"

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Why he's typed as INTJ in almost all mbti forums?
It seems more of an INTP. Not self-confident, not an achiever, nerdish and awkward.
Your thoughts?

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
I thought INTP. Almost comically so, like a pop culture archtype of it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
While I'm not sure on INTP, I'd say it's definitely more likely than INTJ.
George had no social confidence or personal confidence whatsoever and was completely geeked out, and appearance-wise he was pretty sloppy. Unmotivated, disorganized, let by his random interests.

His conviction with Biff that led to a catalyst in his life was one of those moments of simplistic compassion and broad-minded insight where everything lined up for him and he just leaped out there to do what he realized he needed to do.

It does kinda throw you, though, when they do the "future" shot... and his outfit is all put-together and not sloppy at all (although pretty 80's geeky now by today's standards).

I guess actually he does sound pretty INTP (the "catalyst" moment would probably be most easily described in the simplistic/childlike Fe, + Ne finally having some rein to tell him to take a risk).

O

Oberon

I guess actually he does sound pretty INTP...

George: "You... you are my density!"
Girl: "...huh?..."
George: "uh, DESTINY! You are my destiny!"

Crispin Glover and Leah Thompson at their '80s best.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to get compared to George McFly when I was in high school. lol

Haircut and all!

I'm going with INTP.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
George: "You... you are my density!"
Girl: "...huh?..."
George: "uh, DESTINY! You are my destiny!"
Crispin Glover and Leah Thompson at their '80s best.

I'd say Michael J. Fox at his best too, considering he's less an actor and more a personality.
And, of course, then.... there's Christopher Lloyd. Wow. ENTP all the way, baby.... he sets the standard for "wild-eyed, amiable mad scientist."

I'm not a fan of the '50's, but I love that movie so much.
I just watched it again about two months ago.

Aside from all the humor and side references, the climactic moment for George still leaves me choked up. It's where he finally grows up.

I used to get compared to George McFly when I was in high school. lol
Haircut and all!
I'm going with INTP.

Did Van Halen make you spaz out?
Or was it the "kick me" sign on your back? ;)