• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Felicity

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So while driving to work today, Felicity popped into my head, and I was filled with warm nostalgia. :laugh: One of my secret favorite shows!!!

Given my age compared to many on the forum, many might not be acquainted with it, but for those of my generation, do you agree/disagree with these? (and fyi, it's been a number of years since I've watched all of the episodes, so I won't really be able to justify any of these typings or refer to specific episodes)

Felicity - INTJ (possibly ISTJ?)
Noel - INFJ (initially I thought maybe INFP, but he seems way too Fe for that)
Ben -ExTP (just a softer one), or maybe ExFP.. not really sure
Megan - ESFP, or maybe ISFP
Megan's boyfriend - ESFJ

Many more minor characters of which I can't recall their names or enough about them....

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I remember the show, but I never watched it.

:sadbanana:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTJ? I always thought Felicity was my favorite INFJ of all time.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ? I always thought Felicity was my favorite INFJ of all time.

Really?? Oh my!! I guess.. I don't think she's terribly Fe! (although I :heart: Felicity) I always though IxTJ, and saw her as rather a contrast to Ben and Noel in terms of her relational skills/emotional vulnerability. But.. it's possible I guess!

Interested in hearing others' opinions!!

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
She just seemed way too "warm" and soft to be an NT. Whenever Ben would do something to hurt her (not show up for a date, change plans), she seemed deeply affected, sad, hurt. And those tremendously vulnerable letters she wrote (or voice recordings to her friend out west) about her love life. Too much sap to be NT. Half the time I just wanted to crawl into the TV screen and hug the girl.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^I do agree the letters and voice recordings were totally-un-NT. However, I should point out that I, as an INFJ, am not nearly that sappy and have never done such a thing either!!! ;)

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^I do agree the letters and voice recordings were totally-un-NT. However, I should point out that I, as an INFJ, am not nearly that sappy and have never done such a thing either!!! ;)

LOL. I guess being an INFJ you would know better than I if she seems INFJ. She just seemed to have that INFJ "balanced" thing going on - where you guys are "logical" yet you "feel very deeply" at the same time. She just didn't seem T to me. She seemed very much an F who kept the deep feelings under the surface - yet you knew they were there - you knew she was feeling very deeply and was very much affected by the actions of others. Don't tell anyone, but I had a crush on her.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
LOL. I guess being an INFJ you would know better than I if she seems INFJ. She just seemed to have that INFJ "balanced" thing going on - where you guys are "logical" yet you "feel very deeply" at the same time. She just didn't seem T to me. She seemed very much an F who kept the deep feelings under the surface - yet you knew they were there - you knew she was feeling very deeply and was very much affected by the actions of others. Don't tell anyone, but I had a crush on her.

Like I said... I :heart: Felicity too!! I probably have a girl crush on her, lol.

I'd be curious to hear from any female INTJ's who have seen the show, though. I also know that INTJ's can have pretty deep feelings under the surface / have sensitivities, but I don't know the typical extent of that.

I think the main basis for my thinking she's ITJ was again the contrast between Noel and Ben -- Noel seems to be a definite F, and imo Noel is a hardcore NF. Ben... seems somehow emotionally more vulnerable than Felicity, although in the end I don't think he's an F - probably just tertiary Fe with him, but again there's a contrast between he and Felicity. Was looking at more of the interrelational dynamics between Felicity and them, I guess, to determine her type. Although I can't rule out INFJ for Felicity either.

What are your thoughts on Noel, then?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, I'd probably peg Noel as an ENFx. But, still see Felicity as an INFJ. I considered INFP for her, but she's very much a J. I'd like to hear the thoughts of INTJ women now as well, but the more I think about it - I didn't see Te from her either. I didn't see much T at all actually. But, let's leave that to the INTJ women to decide, right? As for Ben, that's tough. I think he was closer to being a T. I can't decide which one of the 4 NT types though. That's the thing with TV personalities, they can sometimes be a hybrid of types cuz they're invented personalities. I want to say xNTP, but there were things about him that did not seem xNTP - for instance, not a lot of Ne. But, he did seem T to me with some F sprinkled in. He wasn't a hardcore T.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
To clarify, I can't say that I see Felicity as being exactly like an INFJ. But, I come up with INFJ if I take each dicthotomy one at at time. I/E: she's I. N/S: She's N. F/T: To me, she seemed very F. P/J: she's J.

So, while she may not resemble real INFJ's, that was why I saw her as INFJ - just taking one dichotomy at a time.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^^ Agree with you 100% that it can be hard to type tv characters and writers may create a mishmash of traits. However, I DO think all of the characters in Felicity are pretty realistic and *could* exist - so in that sense they should be typeable. In other words, I don't think there were so many creative liberties taken that the characters became contradictory. (The ONE exception I think is Felicitiy's letters/recordings - I think that's quite a stretch and many F's wouldn't do anything like that)

I could definitely see Noel as ENFJ, but not as ENFP. However I think Noel would be more eNFJ, as I don't think he's a strong extrovert. I could also see Ben as ExTP, but I don't see any strong evidence for 'N' or for 'I'. If we're talking stereotypes, Ben was the popular, good-looking high school jock who was also a relatively decent guy.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I do agree with you on Ben. I considered ESTP as well. I guess where I related to him is that he seemed like a bit of a ponderer. He seemed to reflect on things quite a bit - seemed to have a lot of deep thinking going on inside. Ti type thinking. And although I do think he's more E than I, he did sometimes say things like, "You know, I'm just going to go home. I just need some time to myself, some time to think." And she'd be like, "Huh? What? You're leaving?" I mean, even ENTP's (and probably ESTP's) ponder and probably like some alone time, but I always related to that part of his character. But, all in all, I agree with your assessment of ExTP for him.

Stu Katz

MBTI Type
'sup
Enneagram
dawg
Is this pre-haircut or post-haircut? Her character changed totally Samson-like, after the haircut I really didn't want to watch the show anymore. Type probably changed too. :frown:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Is this pre-haircut or post-haircut? Her character changed totally Samson-like, after the haircut I really didn't want to watch the show anymore. Type probably changed too. :frown:

Either one. Take your pick. What do you think her type was?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok.... I am re-watching the series because I'm a dork and because the show gives me warm fuzzies and takes me back to college, and I grin a lot while watching the show. Also love the characters/character development.

Re OP and [MENTION=6123]INTPness[/MENTION].... I'm only in season 2 again, but I'm on board with you with Felicity being INFJ. Agree there's not the Te, and she's much more Fe, and a feeler. Also, contrast her with Elena, who's a Te-dom.

Still think Megan's an SFP, Noel is a quintessential NF (I'm leaning towards NFP now), and Ben is probably an STP. Julie is an FP, and I think Javier is an ESFP.