• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Metal Musician Thread!

mrconfusion87

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm sure there are metalheads residing here so I thought of starting a thread that's devoted to discussing metal musicians and their types because other genres already have their own - including Rap, so I decided metal should have its own thread too.

Have fun discussing the MBTIs of our beloved metal musicians, metalheads! Thanks! \m/

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Max Cavalera = INFJ

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
By Metal.. can we include Hard Rock in general?

Would SOAD be considered metal?
What about the grunge era??

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this should have been titled the Counter Phobic 6 thread

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nickelback - ISFJ

thats some gay pop rock, not even close to metal.. also its a group of people, i doubt that everyone in it are the same type

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
James Hetfield.. ISTP

Ozzy Osbourne.. ISFP

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Geoff Tate of Queensryche - INTJ or INFJ

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Very much in agreement and very much undecided, which one as well. :yes:

I think his lyrics are VERY Ni. :)

Are all these metal musicians really introverts?! Wow!

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, another one, though more hard rock: David Lee Roth - seems like the classic ESTP to me.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I think his lyrics are VERY Ni. :)

Are all these metal musicians really introverts?! Wow!

Possibly not.. The reason I would assume Introvert in many cases is that, Metal is somewhat rebellious and a rejection of the mainstream in nature.
In High school for example, the metal heads were not really popular outside their own groups.
The rarely seemed to give a damn either :)
However the chase of fame and stardom might be a very extroverted thing. It's always tough to call, but fun to play these games.

SilkRoad

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Totally hazarding another guess here, but I'm going to say:

Robert Plant - ENFP
Jimmy Page - INTJ

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Tool and Nine Inch Nails: enneagram 5, and possibly INTJ?

Maynard Keenan seems very INTx... and as for Trent Reznor, I won't even go there. He's already been discussed a lot here.

Within

Permabanned
Hm. What's your reasoning?

When going over the content of the lyrics of each group I find that NIN are in fact much more abstract and give room for personal speculation in comparison to Porcupine Tree that basically tell a story about a persons life, in a first persons perspective.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
thats some gay pop rock, not even close to metal.. also its a group of people, i doubt that everyone in it are the same type

You got a problem with Chad Kroeger's hair??

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
When going over the content of the lyrics of each group I find that NIN are in fact much more abstract and give room for personal speculation in comparison to Porcupine Tree that basically tell a story about a persons life, in a first persons perspective.

If bands could have types:

I believe NIN to be your type. Downward Spiral especially seems like Ni-transformative stuff with Te backbone and tert Fi angst. That's the technical explanation, Trent's most likely an INTJ and he was pretty down in the dumpsies when he made TDS.

Porcupine Tree sounds INxx it seems... I don't know Wilson't type. Either INTP/INTJ/INFP in that order of probability. Of course any band is a collective but he writes the lyrical content.

Within

Permabanned
If bands could have types:

I believe NIN to be your type. Downward Spiral especially seems like Ni-transformative stuff with Te backbone and tert Fi angst. That's the technical explanation, Trent's most likely an INTJ and he was pretty down in the dumpsies when he made TDS.

Porcupine Tree sounds INxx it seems... I don't know Wilson't type. Either INTP/INTJ/INFP in that order of probability. Of course any band is a collective but he writes the lyrical content.

Could very well be, I just called it as I saw it.