• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Twin Peaks cast

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm kinda curious, though... are you basing your typings (boy, they seem crazily thorough... :shock:) on interviews with the cast or on their performances?

I'm basing them on everything available. Making one thread is way less of a headache, dig?

The point was that I don't think you can type the actors based on their character in the series. Otherwise, what's your point being a total bitch?

Oh, you definitely can if you squint hard enough. Say what though?

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
I'm basing them on everything available. Making one thread is way less of a headache, dig?

You mean DVD extras, convention appearances, stuff like that? Looks like hard work. You're most certainly quite a trooper when it comes to typing! ;)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So all kidding aside, why is it such a widespread assumption that it's difficult to type actors when acting?

Also, how many of us truthfully click on these threads prepared to question, confirm, and/or remark without sounding overly hypocritical?

Conveniently serves as an emotional outlet?

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
So all kidding aside, why is it such a widespread assumption that it's difficult to type actors when acting?
Because they're ACTING. They're not like that IRL-

Also, how many of us truthfully click on these threads prepared to question, confirm, and/or remark without sounding overly hypocritical?
I actually do that. Not so easy though when you're bitching about my use of emoticons instead of sticking to the topic.

Conveniently serves as an emotional outlet?
Speak for yourself.
:jew::shock::solidarity::headphne::devil:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

i just don't understand how you can get all that information from watching them play a character. i know socionics types based on looks (which i don't know a lot about, but don't really agree with either), but don't get how you can figure out all of their enneagram types and instinctual stackings too. especially with minor characters and no outside information.

anyway, maybe you could explain your process instead of getting sassy with everyone who questions it.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i just don't understand how you can get all that information from watching them play a character. i know socionics types based on looks (which i don't know a lot about, but don't really agree with either), but don't get how you can figure out all of their enneagram types and instinctual stackings too. especially with minor characters and no outside information.

anyway, maybe you could explain your process instead of getting sassy with everyone who questions it.

Each episode runs at about 45 minutes, so after a few dozen viewings that're generously populated with one-on-one scenes (some convincing; others not so much), one gets the gist, or close enough to jot down a list. MacLachlan's among the tougher to interpret, as his ability to freely engage is the most accentuated part of his character, joke about pie, etc., but only reveals his reliance on tertiary Si in an interview with Conan. Socionics IEI ethical subtype?

It's just... I'm waiting for someone to start picking away rather than shout that they're in the room.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You think Audrey is ENFJ? I think she's ENFP or ENTP. When she works at the department store she's incredibly rude to a customer for no apparent reason and doesn't blink an eyelash. I don't think she's an Fe dom. I think she's an Ne dom.

Does anyone have a strong opinion for Special Agent Dale Cooper being INFJ or INTJ? He's definitely one of the two. My first guess is INTJ, because of his rational emotional distance in his professional life, but he is awfully personable. INFJ might make more sense...he's definitely an Ni dom with his psychoanalytic and somewhat supernatural methods of approaching solving the case and all of his quirky spiritual insights that he just randomly ascribes to the events happening around him.

Maybe he is INFJ...the logical professionalism could be Ti, some INFJs can seem NT-like.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thanks for ruining my internet thread with your off-topic posts.

Cooper, the debonair, relentlessly charming Cooper, with his simultaneously incisive capacity to perceive likely truths from apparent nothings, patiently slumped over and empty-handed in a deafening Northwestern thunderstorm, wondering when TypeC forum members will finally decide on his mbti type.

ONCE AND FOR ALL.

Blah, blah, blah, or sp/sx e21 enfj?

Audrey's basically you, Marm, pre-enneagram 6-era.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think he's an INFJ, then, dammmit. ENFJ? He's a little too cautious and self-contained for ENFJ, methinks.

And what do you mean Audrey is me pre-enneagram 6? An ENFP 3w4 sx/sp?

And furthermore are you saying I'm not a 6?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
P.S. I am in love with Special Agent Dale Cooper.

I DON'T CARE IF HE'S NOT REAL.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I admire your use of the tilde, Marm.

One might attribute his tendency to come off overly formal (which, alternately, might seem like pensiveness) to that 1 wing.

Audrey's most emphasized trait might be her adaptability, pairing agreeableness with her knowledge of male sexual instincts to create opportunities, though she doesn't particularly have as much of an idea of which direction she's headed. Whereas Cooper usually has no longer than a short list of expectations, though often immediately knows the exact answer.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
The reason why I thought Ne dom is because she's full of ideas, some of which are devious and even thoughtless and dangerous (get drugged and trapped in a whorehouse, much?) ...she's crafty and adventurous, but in a decidedly Ne way rather than an Se way.

Sure, she's agreeable when she likes someone, but otherwise she's a bit bratty.

Overall, though, she seems to care, even about Laura - whom she admits wasn't even her friend.

ENFP makes a lot of sense for her, but I wasn't closed off to ENTP either, I wanted to see what others had to say.