• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Top Nazis

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
He didn't "honor" any superiors. Please read instead of making unbased claims.

Lark

He didn't "honor" any superiors. Please read instead of making unbased claims.

You've not read Eric Fromm's Fear of Freedom which explains that he did and explains exactly how he did but then I suspect you'd not accept it if you did read it. I however have done my reading and that's my point.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
No. You don't know anything about Hitler if you think this is the case.

I'm getting my information from Hitler and Nazi Germany by Spielvogel and Redles, which I had to use for an undergrad course in European intellectual history. Where are you getting your shit from? What basis do you have to make your claims?

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Eric Fromm isn't a historian or a biographer. Using him as a source of information about Hitler's personality is like using Dick Cheney as a source for information about quantum mechanics. Hitler was obviously either an INFP or an INFJ. He cannot be anything but.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Eric Fromm isn't a historian or a biographer. Using him as a source of information about Hitler's personality is like using Dick Cheney as a source for information about quantum mechanics. Hitler was obviously either an INFP or an INFJ. He cannot be anything but.

You can't even substantiate that, can you?

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Hitler:

-Artist. Driven into poverty.
-Sensitive and emotionally fragile. Submissive.
-Would often take initiative to wash dishes and clean while in the army; shows femininity.
-Daydreamer as a young child.
-Rhetoric was based on emotion rather than logic.
-Poor strategist.
-Was a "Jesus figure" to the Germans in many ways; lived "only for them".
-Had a grand vision for Germany after the war.

Does this sound like an STJ to you?

Eyewitness account of the man:

The first glance left me with a picture of s weak, soft face, with pouches under the eyes, full lips and very little bony facial structure. The moustache didn't seem as ridiculous as it appeared in pictures - in fact, I scarcely noticed it; but I imagine that is because I was pretty well conditioned to such things by that time. As has often been said, Hitler's eyes were startling and unforgetable - they seemed pale blue in color, were intense, unwavering, hypnotic. Certainly the eyes were his only distinctive feature. They could contain fury and fanaticism and cruelty; they could be mystic and tearful and challenging. This particular afternoon he was excessive, informal, he had a certain quiet charm, almost a tenderness of speech and glance. He talked soberly to Kiepura and seemed very interested and absorbed in meeting both of us. The curious embarrassment he showed in meeting me, his somewhat apologetic, nervous manner, my father tells me and other diplomats as well- are always present when he meets the diplomatic corps en masse ..... He seemed modest, middle class, rather dull and self-conscious--yet with this strange tenderness and, appealing helplessness. p. 64-65

Holy shit. I can't believe I'm even discussing this.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Hitler is THE archetype of an NF "gone wrong", so to speak. Saying he was a STJ is like saying Darwin was an ESFP or that Thomas Jefferson was an ISTJ. It's incomprehensibly stupid in every way.

KDude

That was actually one of your cooler posts. Don't knock discussion. Heh. What are threads for, man? For all of us to just declare shit at each other? That shit gets old.. except to Hitler, ironically.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

The most outstanding trait in my friend’s character was, as I had experienced myself, the unparalleled consistency in everything that he had said and did. There was in his nature something firm, inflexible, immovable, obstinately rigid, which manifested itself in his profound seriousness and was at the bottom of all his other characteristics. Adolf simply could not change his mind or his nature. - August Kubizek

I have often been asked . . . whether Adolf, when I knew him, had any sense of humor. . . . Certainly one’s impression of Hitler, especially after a short and superficial acquaintance, was that of a deeply serious man. This enormous seriousness seemed to overshadow everything else. It was the same when he was young. He approached the problems with which he was concerned with a deadly earnestness which ill suited his sixteen or seventeen years. - August Kubizek

By no means did I imagine he was work-shy, for there was not even a grain of the superficial, carefree idler in him. - August Kubizek

Nevertheless, it was at first a difficult friendship because our characters were utterly different. Whereas I was a quiet, somewhat dreamy youth, very sensitive and adaptable and therefore always willing to yield, so to speak, a "musical character," Adolf was exceedingly violent and high-strung. - August Kubizek

What was the origin of this strange, almost ascetic trait in him which made him reject all the pleasures of youth? Adolf's father, after all, had been a man who enjoyed life and who, as a good-looking custom's official, had certainly turned many a girl's head. Why was Adolf so different? After all, he was a most presentable young man, well built, slender, and his somewhat severe and exaggeratedly serious features were enlivened by his extraordinary eyes, whose peculiar brilliance made one forget the sickly pallor of his face. And yet-- dancing was as contrary to his nature as smoking or drinking beer at a pub. These things simply did not exist for him,
although nobody, not even his mother, encouraged him in this attitude. - August Kubizek

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
ENFJ

INFJs are humanists, but not mass killers

But if one reaches the conclusion that Jews/Slavs/not-Germans aren't human, how would that individual still perceive himself as a killer? You're bound by your own perspective, I'm afraid.

Lark

:D :D

You're shitting me! He's a psychologist and analyst who cites primary sources, speeches and character references, cant get much better than that, like I said I knew you'd be dismissive.

Lark

Hitler:

-Artist. Driven into poverty.
-Sensitive and emotionally fragile. Submissive.
-Would often take initiative to wash dishes and clean while in the army; shows femininity.
-Daydreamer as a young child.
-Rhetoric was based on emotion rather than logic.
-Poor strategist.
-Was a "Jesus figure" to the Germans in many ways; lived "only for them".
-Had a grand vision for Germany after the war.

Eyewitness account of the man:

The first glance left me with a picture of s weak, soft face, with pouches under the eyes, full lips and very little bony facial structure. The moustache didn't seem as ridiculous as it appeared in pictures - in fact, I scarcely noticed it; but I imagine that is because I was pretty well conditioned to such things by that time. As has often been said, Hitler's eyes were startling and unforgetable - they seemed pale blue in color, were intense, unwavering, hypnotic. Certainly the eyes were his only distinctive feature. They could contain fury and fanaticism and cruelty; they could be mystic and tearful and challenging. This particular afternoon he was excessive, informal, he had a certain quiet charm, almost a tenderness of speech and glance. He talked soberly to Kiepura and seemed very interested and absorbed in meeting both of us. The curious embarrassment he showed in meeting me, his somewhat apologetic, nervous manner, my father tells me and other diplomats as well- are always present when he meets the diplomatic corps en masse ..... He seemed modest, middle class, rather dull and self-conscious--yet with this strange tenderness and, appealing helplessness. p. 64-65

Aye it does.

Lark

That was actually one of your cooler posts. Don't knock discussion. Heh. What are threads for, man? For all of us to just declare shit at each other? That shit gets old.. except to Hitler, ironically.

+1

Now if someone could say this in every single thread there is, about the second or third page in.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I only like Rommel, from what I know, he was quite the strategist.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Claus von Stauffenberg - INTJ.

(Orchestrator of the 20th July Plot, also known as Operation Valkyrie, originally from a line of Prussian nobles)

When you look at his planning, his style of execution of the plans and all the other things, dominant Ni and inferior Se are evident.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream

August Kubizek wrote that book after Hitler came to power; there were many reasons to put forward a certain image of Hitler. I imagine he didn't bother to change it because after the war maybe he had other concerns.

---

Stubbornness does point towards Fi usage, possibly Fi dom. He's known for waking late in Speer's account, among other things. I couldn't source this because it's been a long-ass time since I've read those, but Hitler was literally an artist archetype who was amateurish in everything he did that wasn't politics and murder.

His way of persuasion, however, in all accounts feel very Fe to me, but a lot of Fi users are capable of feigning Fe. His Te is definitely not great.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Right, I remember now.

Amazon.com: Hitler's Vienna: A Portrait of the Tyrant as a Young Man (Tauris Parke Paperbacks) (9781848852778): Brigitte Hamann, Hans Mommsen: Books
Ian Kershaw - Wikipedia

But I do highly recommend Hitler's Vienna, because it contextualises and analyses multiple primary sources, and it's... just well-written in general, and it focuses on private aspect rather than political aspect at a certain period.

(I've also looked at Kubizek and Speer's books, and a whole lot of literature that I cba to remember now coz my uni had a sizeable collection. That was fun.)