• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Top Nazis

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
Hitler INFJ
Goebbels ENxP
Himmler ISFJ
Goering ESxP
Rommel ISTP (Keirsey agrees here)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't care what Keirsey says about Rommel, he's a psychologist, not a military historian.
You familiar with the term "fingerspitzengefühl"? Finger tip feeling. The uncanny *intuitive* way of feeling and controlling the battlefield.
Erwin Rommel was a crystal-clear ENTJ. Just watch the guy, read about his life, how he fought and lead. It's so incredibly obvious.
He even had this "Look of Eagles" thing going on about him, and Hitler felt he was a threat to his position for that and his success.
Rommel was a true leader, and I must say the only guy fighting for the Third Reich that I can truly say that I respect.
He didn't care much for jew hate and such, he was a warrior. They say the African campaign is the only one, or one of few, in World War Two that had any sense of chivalry in it.
Even if there was savage fighting.

Otherwise, I can agree mostly to your conclusions.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I like money.

I can't believe you like money too! We should hang out.

LOL.

Anyway...

I've heard that Goebbels was ENFJ, but I could see ENTP, too. He kind of reminds of Obama... not in a bad way, though!

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
Code:
You familiar with the term "fingerspitzengefühl"? Finger tip feeling. The uncanny *intuitive* way of feeling and controlling the battlefield.

the word intuition in jung does not mean intuition in the sense we usually use it. if you mean, that rommel was intuitive in the everyday sense of the word, then I agree that rommel was an intuitive. for as I have argued here, what we usually call sensing should be called intuition, and what we usually call intuition should be called reflecting

i don't but any credence what so ever in physical appearance
i have actually read like 100 pages of the rommel papers. i see no reflection or abstract reasoning there. everything is very true to form. raw input from the senses.

rommel cold be E and/or J though.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Alfred Rosenberg- INTP
Albert Speer- INTP
Hitler- INFP

S

Sniffles

What about Heinz Guderian? I've always wondered about him.

Lark

I dont have this top trumphs collection but it sounds awesome.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Code:

the word intuition in jung does not mean intuition in the sense we usually use it. if you mean, that rommel was intuitive in the everyday sense of the word, then I agree that rommel was an intuitive. for as I have argued here, what we usually call sensing should be called intuition, and what we usually call intuition should be called reflecting

i don't but any credence what so ever in physical appearance
i have actually read like 100 pages of the rommel papers. i see no reflection or abstract reasoning there. everything is very true to form. raw input from the senses.

rommel cold be E and/or J though.

That's commendable, but I still disagree with you. I've had this discussion before some time.
That's a funny thing, if you stick around here long enough, like I have, things begin to repeat themselves endlessly.
You could be talking about the form of writing in military reports, though. They are written in a certain fashion, you know.
They are not to be based on guesswork, hunches, intuition or whatever.
Consequently, someone like Rommel will have to sit down and break apart and rationalize his gut feelings, hunches and such into concrete form.

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
Would you agree that Gaius Julius Caesar and Napoleon write in another - more reflective, "big picture"-style - than Rommel?

Lark

This could be an awesome card trading game you know.

I still wish I'd taken the chance to buy one of the Iraq war decks of cards when I had the chance. Things are bloudy impossible to get now.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Would you agree that Gaius Julius Caesar and Napoleon write in another - more reflective, "big picture"-style - than Rommel?

Yes, that I would. But that wasn't in the days following the very STJ-like late Prussian Army. Julius Caesar was a politician and a Patrician nobleman schooled in an antique greek fashion.
The military worked differently in those days. There probably weren't even any guidelines on how to write a report. Besides, Caesar when in command of his armies was mostly either a Consul of Rome or Pro-counsul of Gaul.
He didn't really have any Army Command up his ass all the time in the same fashion. Sure, the senate *tried* to control him, but you see how that went.
Rommel, on the other hand, answered to the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht, and followed guidelines. He was a schooled career officer, and not some kind of nobleman.
Napoleon lived in another time as well, and he wouldn't have made it as far as he did in normal circumstances. Like many NTJs, he wasn't suited for peacetime military service.
In his time it was insanely turbulent socially and even if very well disciplined, French soldiers probably hadn't taken on the extremely anal ways of writing reports that today's army officers need to follow.
There were power vacuums here and there that he filled, and through that and success he gained recognition. Also, it's France, not Germany. The whole language is a goddamn work of art and full of expressions.
German on the other hand is pretty damn harsh compared to that, and like I said, the Wehrmacht preserved a LOT of Prussian in it, naturally that would rub off.
Just think about how police officers have to write their reports today. Do you think that even the most gut-feeling Ni-dom police detective would state in a report that he just had a hunch, without a chain of evidence?
It's the same thing.
Forget his written reports, look at how he was as a man and look at what he did as he did it. Read between the lines and read others descriptions about it.

Edit: if you'd be answering to uncomprehending idiots like Gerd von Rundstedt you would not want to explain your actions with hunches, feelings and whatnot. Trust me on this.

Captain Howdy

Permabanned
Enneagram
6w6
Sue's not feeling well and is also a troll.

Everyone has a troll inside of them. Mine's name is Captain Howdy. Yours is named W.

exorcist03.gif

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you know what she did, your cunting daughter?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh, btw, that's "Regan hasn't been feeling well" not "Sue's not feeling well." Sue is from Brian De Palma's Carrie , though I'll overlook your classic horror blunder just this once.