• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Anime/Manga Enneagram Types Thread

FelipeMartinin

his main objective is status, recognition and respect from others. 7s don't care about any of that. we just wanna have fun

I would risk to say that Naruto is a enneagram type 9. Reasons:

- He is lazy and just engage with something when see the a deep proposal on it
- He acts more in a instinctive way (the animal beast inside him, could be a symbol of this too)
- Another analogy is: as an instinctive type, the type 9 source of strength is inside the belly. Naruto also has its source of power (the nine tails) sealed inside his belly.
- He acted as a peacemaker and mediator many times, which are keys characteristics of a Type 9
- Naruto has a strong dedication to his friends, and his obsession to bring Sasuke back highlights one of the key characteristics of the type 9, which is the self-forgetfulness.
- Well, he was the Jinchuuriki number 9, it could be more than a coincidence haha

Reasons to not be a type 3, based on your thought:
- Type 3 and Naruto has all these characteristics. But a type 3 is also a very disciplined and obsessed with goals to reach these things, unlike Naruto.
- As I said above, Naruto has a strong dedication to his friends, and his obsession to bring Sasuke back highlights one of the key characteristics of the type 9, which is the self-forgetfulness. Type 3 are more selfish. And despite what he always say about his dream, his actions highlighted that the objective of bring Sasuke back was more important.

I hope it make sense for you guys :D

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
No fucking way Kenshin is a Two. I don't know about the anime, but in the manga Kenshin is very reserved, rarely emotional and certainly never manipulative. He might be a Nine with a strong wing.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
And Miroku is a 7w8, I see absolutely no 6 in him. He's extremely self-confident and lusty.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Full Metal Alchemist (primarily based on Brotherhood, but most recurring characters are essentially the same in the original anime)

Edward: 7w6 sx/so ENTP
Alphonse: 9w1 so/sp 9-2-4 INFP
Mustang: 8w7 so/sx ENTJ
Scar: 1w9 sx/sp ISTJ
Winry: 2w1? 2-6-7 ESFJ
Hawkeye: 1w9 sp/so ISTJ
Alex Louis Armstrong: 2w1? 2-6-1 so/sp ESFJ
Olivier Mira Armstrong: 8w9 8-1-3 sp/sx ESTJ
Bradley: 8w9 sp/sx eSTJ
Hohenheim: 5w6 so/sp? 5-9-1 INTP
Ling: 3 or 7 so/sx ESTP
Mei-Chang: 6w7? so/sp? esfj??
Hughes: 2w3 so/sx ENFJ
Father: 5w6 so/sx ENTP
Gluttony: 7w8 sp ESFP
Greed: 3 so/sp ESTP
Envy: 4w3 sx/so EnTP (More of an ISTP in the 2003 anime)
Lust (original series): 4w5 sx/sp INFP
Sloth: 9w8 sp ISTP?
Pride: 1w9 ISTJ??
Lan-Fan: 6w5 or 1w9 sp/sx ISFJ
Fu: 1w9 sp/so ISTJ
Tucker: 5w6 sp/so? INTP
Havoc: 7w? or 9w8 so/sx ESTP
Breda: 6w5 sp/so ISTJ

I know I'm missing a ton of minor characters, but I may add more later. Agree? Disagree?

I'm only going to comment on a couple of these, but I think most of these are probably correct (excluding maybe some of the tritype you mentioned, since it doesn't exactly follow format correctly).

Mustang: 3w4 so/sp (358 combo) - I think he's too achievement focused and not quite reactive enough for an 8w7 core. He's outgoing, but I never got the sense that he was really experience seeking or a loose cannon like 8w7s really are. His main goal from the beginning is a pisition of power, though there's definitely the "fix the corruption" aspect of the 8 in there I think?

Hawkeye: 6w5 sp/so(613 combo) - She's not moralistic or outwardly angry enough for a 1 core I don't think, even tempered by a 9 wing.

Alex Armstrong: 2w3 so/sp - I'd argue he's too flamboyant for a 2w1 core, even as a Fe dom. Very showy with a slight moral undertone, so I think the tritype you said there potentially could make sense... I just question if that's too rigid? Maybe 7 instead of 6 but eh.

Ling: I'd argue 7w6 core purely because gluttony seems to be a big part of his personality and he sort of has that superego morality sticking hard behind him... Either 3 or 7 makes sense, probably with a low grade 9w8 fix.

Lan Fan: 6w5 for similar reasons to hawkeye. I'm pretty sure their characters were supposed to mirror each other to a degree

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'll try the MANGA Rurouni Kenshin (no stupid anime):
Kenshin: 9w8 INFJ
Kaoru: 2w1 ESFJ
Yahiko: 8w7 ESTJ
Sanosuke: 7w8 ESTP
Saitou: 8w9 ESTJ
Soujiro: 9w8 ISTP
Shishio: 8w7 ENTJ
Misao: 7w8 ENFP
Enishi: 5w4 INTJ
Tomoe: 4w5 ISFJ

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Kenshin's wing is hard to type, because of the Kenshin/Battousai dichotomy. When he's the rurouni, he's more like a One; when he reverts to Battousai, he's more like an Eight. I decided on Eight because I can't see a 9w1 as one of the most feared assassins of his time.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Let's try a bunch of the Rurouni Kenshin (manga, forget the anime) characters:
Kenshin: 9 with wings balanced; very much influenced by both wings 953
Kaoru: 2w1 268
Yahiko: 8w7 863
Sanosuke: 7w8 783
Megumi: 3w4 358
Aoshi: 8w9 863
Saitou: 8w9 835
Soujiro: 9w8 963
Shishio: 8w7 837
Misao: 7w8 782
Yumi: 6w7 629
Houji: 6w5 613
Hiko: 1w9 153
Enishi: 5w4 584
Tomoe: 4w5 469

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fate Stay Night
Shiro Emiya: 2w1 2-1-7 sx/so (ENFJ)
Saber: 1w9 1-5-2 sp/sx (ISTJ)
Tiga: 2w3 2-1-5 so/sx (ESFJ)
Rin Tosaka: 8w9 8-5-4 (INTJ)
Archer: 5w4 5-8-2 (ISTP)

I think this is really close actually? Saber is definitely a sx blind though. Emiya also seems so/sp or so/sx rather than sx/so.

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My Hero Academia

Midorya: 6w5 so/sp (629), INFJ
Bakugo: 3w4 sx/sp (386), ENTJ [I struggled with this one a bit between ESFP and ENTJ, but I'd argue that he doesn't have inferior Ni if we are going by function axis. By dichotomy he might be closer to ESTJ]
Ida: 1w9 or 6w5 so/sp (162 or 163), ESTJ
Uraraka: 2w3? so/sp??? ESFJ????????
Todoroki: 1w9 sp/sx (153), INTJ
Asui: 9w8 sp/so (935?), ISTP

Eraser Head: 9w8 sp/sx (953), IxTP?
Mic: 7w6 so/sx (739), ESFP?
All Might: 3w2/2w3 so/sp ESFP?

Stain: 1w9 sp/sx, (154), IxTJ?
Tomura: A 468 combo? sx/sp, INTx?

Madoka Magica

Madoka: 9w1 so/sp (926), INFP
Sayaka: so/sp (974 in some order?), xSFP
Homura: 6w5 sp/so (613?), ISFJ
Kyouko: 7w8 sx/sp (738), ESTP
Mami: 2w3 so/sp (269), ESFJ

INFPeeMyPants

My Hero Academia Midorya: 6w5 so/sp (629), INFJ
Midoriya is definently a Ne user. Its so easy to see. in battle he constantly brainstorms ideas to get out of trouble and comes up whith creative ideas. I see no ni. Is it because hes driven whith a vision of he wants to look like in the future? Ne users can have aspirations and desires about there future aswell.

INFPeeMyPants

I'm only going to comment on a couple of these, but I think most of these are probably correct (excluding maybe some of the tritype you mentioned, since it doesn't exactly follow format correctly). Mustang: 3w4 so/sp (358 combo) - I think he's too achievement focused and not quite reactive enough for an 8w7 core. He's outgoing, but I never got the sense that he was really experience seeking or a loose cannon like 8w7s really are. His main goal from the beginning is a pisition of power, though there's definitely the "fix the corruption" aspect of the 8 in there I think? Hawkeye: 6w5 sp/so(613 combo) - She's not moralistic or outwardly angry enough for a 1 core I don't think, even tempered by a 9 wing. Alex Armstrong: 2w3 so/sp - I'd argue he's too flamboyant for a 2w1 core, even as a Fe dom. Very showy with a slight moral undertone, so I think the tritype you said there potentially could make sense... I just question if that's too rigid? Maybe 7 instead of 6 but eh. Ling: I'd argue 7w6 core purely because gluttony seems to be a big part of his personality and he sort of has that superego morality sticking hard behind him... Either 3 or 7 makes sense, probably with a low grade 9w8 fix. Lan Fan: 6w5 for similar reasons to hawkeye. I'm pretty sure their characters were supposed to mirror each other to a degree
Any eneagram type could want to be in a position of power. A 1w9 might want power so they can make the laws of the land fit there ideals. A 2w3 on the other hand might use there position to help peaple. Just "wanting a position of power" doesent tell you anything you need to know why. If mustang wants to stop corruption by gaining a position of power and thats a 8 charecteristic then thats evidence Hes a 8.

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My Hero Academia
Midoriya is definently a Ne user. Its so easy to see. in battle he constantly brainstorms ideas to get out of trouble and comes up whith creative ideas. I see no ni. Is it because hes driven whith a vision of he wants to look like in the future? Ne users can have aspirations and desires about there future aswell.

I can see where you're coming from with this, initially I thought he was an INFP, but I thought that even for a 6w5 that he was very calculated. I agree, he's very good at coming up with creative ideas, but especially after conversing with some others about this, he really seemed more on the edge of Ni because, stylistically, his fighting style is very mentally derived. He doesn't work on his feet and his brainstorming doesn't seem to rely heavily on possibility gauging, at least to the extent at which high Ne does [ie. when he does "work on his feet" it's typically driven by emotions and he comes out badly injured in the end). There's a heavy focus on him forecasting and predicting the way his opponent will attack him, which I thought could be Ni, plus he seems to have the external focus and outward emotionality that Fe typically has. His plans typically work, but at a high degree of detriment to himself, which I thought might be a low Ti thing? Dichotomically, I figured he was a J type, but realistically, he does rely heavily on outside archetypes to follow, which could be a low Te thing rather than a low Ti thing? INFP as a secondary possibility could be plausible if I am wrong about the Ni/J usage.

Any eneagram type could want to be in a position of power. A 1w9 might want power so they can make the laws of the land fit there ideals. A 2w3 on the other hand might use there position to help peaple. Just "wanting a position of power" doesent tell you anything you need to know why. If mustang wants to stop corruption by gaining a position of power and thats a 8 charecteristic then thats evidence Hes a 8.
I also agree with these statements, I still think the 8 is a fix rather than a core type though. He seems like he's more of a competency type than a reactive type. He's very specifically focused on solution making and, in conjunction with his goals to end corruption, I think he also desires the position of the fuhrer because it is a position of achievement and, in terms of going towards the goal (regardless of whether or not I've misinterpreted the achievement seeking), he seems to work through his charisma and ability to "fool" the army into believing he's on their side rather than just plowing through them and destroying what he considers incorrect right off the bat.

I could see 8w9 as a possibility for a core rather than 8w7 I suppose, admittedly 8 is the type I seem to understand the least of the enneagram, so perhaps that's what I'm missing in this.