• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Elliot Spitzer?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
What type do you think this ex-governor of New York, with a now tarnished reputation, is?

I'm going for ESTP. Especially with the mixture of his arrogant personality and his 'obsession' with prostitution, assuming that he did it for the thrills like an SP would.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm going for ESTP. Especially with the mixture of his arrogant personality and his 'obsession' with prostitution, assuming that he did it for the thrills like an SP would.

I don't think wanting to fuck prostitutes is an SP thing. Really. :dry:

Edit: NOT THAT I HAVE!!!! (hah)

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
This scandal brought on a strange thought.

Why is it the Demoscratic sex scandals are usually heterosexual and the Republican sex scandals are usually homosexual? Seriously, Mark Foley, Larry Craig, etc. Republicans seem to always get caught in gay sex scandals. Somehow that seems kind of backwards.

Spitzer = ENFP

Mr Galt

MBTI Type
ISTP
Republican sex scandals are usually homosexual

Maybe repressed homosexual tendencies create a hatred for homosexuality?

It's not like it hasn't been suggested before.

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
Spitzer? I'm going to say SJ because he tried to hide it and because he paid for it instead of having an affair (only BAD people have affairs!) and because he immediately apologized and stepped down as soon as he knew his reputation was gone. That's a Guardian caught misbehaving. For an ESTP, compare & contrast with Rudy Giuliani.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Giulani is an Extravert

heart

heart on fire
My guess: ESTJ

I agree with the Gray Badger's justification for SJ. Double life that one tries very hard to hide. I am not saying all SJ want this, just the ones that are dysfunctional.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I thought Giuliani was an introvert.

What is your reasoning for Giuliani being an introvert? If you ever see him on TV and have watched the Republican presidential candidate debates, he was definitely one of the more outspoken ones of the group.
His career as a mayor was that of a no-nonsense EXTJ (likely ESTJ though, since anytime I'm stuck between S & N for people I know.. they always turn out to be S, lol).

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
My guess: ESTJ

I agree with the Gray Badger's justification for SJ. Double life that one tries very hard to hide. I am not saying all SJ want this, just the ones that are dysfunctional.

What I wonder is how someone who instituted a system whereby money could be tracked could be trapped by that same system. That sounds like someone who either thought he was too smart to be caught or above the law, neither of which is very SJ.

I don't think we should assume that all people who accuse others of being criminals and turn out to be criminals themselves are SJs.

Here's a minor example: my INTP boss once accused me of taking home a wooden coat hanger from the back room. It turned out it had fallen behind the packing table. On the hanger was printed the name of a prominent New York hotel.

Jae Rae

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I was rereading Lenore Thomson's book and came across the chapter on Extroverted Thinking. According to her, extreme EXTJs can have this kind of double life -
upstanding and law-abiding in their public lives but the opposite in private.

"The ETJ's Judging and Perceiving worlds can become so polarized that the type is actually living two different lives - productive and principled in public but surprisingly amoral in private." [p. 272]

As to whether he's ESTJ or ENTJ, I can't say. Either may lead this kind of double life.

Jae Rae