• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anakin Skywalker

What Type is Anakin Skywalker?

• ISFP

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • ENFP

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • other

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
what type do you think Anakin Skywalker from Starwars is?
he looks like an ISFP to me, but I could see ISFP, ENFP, INFP or even ENTJ.
PS: I'm fairly certain he's an 8w9 sx/sp but feel free to refute this too if you disagree.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISFP fo sho; inner deep seated hatred of the jedi and emotional problems out to kazzo = twisted Fi; good at piloting, building mechanics, fighting with a lightsaber, actively engaged in the present world = Se.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
(I believe an entire Star Wars thread already exists.)

Also, due to the time disparity and age difference between little Ani and big Ani, this will account for a lot of conflicted typing.

Whatever his type, he was an arrogant prodigy with immature Fi.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP 8w7, I don't think he is social last.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP fo sho; inner deep seated hatred of the jedi and emotional problems out to kazzo = twisted Fi; good at piloting, building mechanics, fighting with a lightsaber, actively engaged in the present world = Se.

Not an S. Extroverted Intuitors can be at ease with mechanic, plus, have you considered the fact that most part of Jedi use a lightsaber, without necessarly being a sensor?

Anakin is an extroverted intuitor, who's typically frustrated by realty wich is seen as a limit, and always want to challenge realty, rules and boundaries.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think Lucas gave a crap about making a consistent personality between child, teen, and adult Anakin (he was into melodrama/archetypes, not about actual psychologically realistic character dev), so it seems like a thankless task to even bother trying to type him. There's no real continuity between ages.

little boy: probably ISFP
teen: ENTP, maybe
adult: ISTJ

Lucas = Hack.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP 8w7, I don't think he is social last.

I'm still leaning w9. 8w7s tend to be higher energy, less serious and more sanguine (especially for ENFPs)

E

Epiphany

I think George Lucas wrote the young adult, pre-Darth Vader Anakin Skywalker as an unhealthy Feeler, most likely Fi. Unless he is lying about his decision making process when he said, "You are asking me to be rational. That is something I know I cannot do. Believe me, I wish that I could just wish away my feelings, but I can't."

Actually, even Darth Vader puts a lot of emphasis on feelings. How many times does he tell Luke to search his feelings?

Last edited:

KDude

Yeah, Vader is just the ISTJ side, I think. I think Anakin had a lot of big dreams and sense of purpose. He wants to change the galaxy with Padme. I guess he's ENFP. The idealism is what ruins him. I guess in the emperor's grip, he just sticks with not rocking the boat or something, enforcing the new status quo.. yet still kind of vaguely value oriented and making some strange autonomous decisions. He chokes a guy just for not believing in the force. Luke comes along and stirs his old dreams up again. Only Luke sets it on track.

edit: Meh.. He could be ISFP. :p I don't remember a lot of dialogue now, but maybe his impulses were more like unhealthy Ni. It wasn't just about his future ideals, but paranoia about Padme, the Jedis, etc..

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think George Lucas wrote the young adult, pre-Darth Vader Anakin Skywalker as an unhealthy Feeler, most likely Fi. Unless he is lying about his decision making process when he said, "You are asking me to be rational. That is something I know I cannot do. Believe me, I wish that I could just wish away my feelings, but I can't."

Actually, even Darth Vader puts a lot emphasis on feelings. How many times does he tell Luke to search his feelings?

Arguably, that could be less of a personal preference than a learned skill as a disciple of a decidedly philosophical & spiritual organization (Jedi Knights).

E

Epiphany

Arguably, that could be less of a personal preference than a learned skill as a disciple of a decidedly philosophical & spiritual organization (Jedi Knights).

I'm no Star Wars expert, but if I recall correctly, his spiritual advisors were constantly telling him to keep his feelings in check and not give in to them.

KDude

I'm no Star Wars expert, but if I recall correctly, his spiritual advisors were constantly telling him to keep his feelings in check and not give in to them.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u3c5z45V8g]:whistling:[/youtube]

E

Epiphany

I can't watch videos on my phone at the moment. It's archaic.

Last edited:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by iwakar
(I believe an entire Star Wars thread already exists.)

Thanks to yours truly :D

Also, due to the time disparity and age difference between little Ani and big Ani, this will account for a lot of conflicted typing.

Actually, I think most people are going to type his older self; little Ani didn't really have much of a character outside of "perfect angel boy".

Originally posted by SpeedGavroche
Not an S. Extroverted Intuitors can be at ease with mechanic, plus, have you considered the fact that most part of Jedi use a lightsaber, without necessarly being a sensor?

Anakin is an extroverted intuitor, who's typically frustrated by realty wich is seen as a limit, and always want to challenge realty, rules and boundaries.

ENFP? No, he doesn't really use Ne at all, I don't remember him ever using Ne or exploring with new ideas or concepts. When he isn't going on Fi-Ni whiny rants about how he'll overcome death and get power, he seems more focused on the immediate context of the present world (excluding physical ability, which really isn't a neccesity for Se considering that Jar Jar is Se dom). Plus challenging rules, tradtion, and other things is not outside the possibilities of a sensor.

Originally posted by Jennifer
I don't think Lucas gave a crap about making a consistent personality between child, teen, and adult Anakin (he was into melodrama/archetypes, not about actual psychologically realistic character dev), so it seems like a thankless task to even bother trying to type him. There's no real continuity between ages.

little boy: probably ISFP
teen: ENTP, maybe
adult: ISTJ

Lucas = Hack.

This is true :yes:

Originally posted by Mask Manifest
Is it that cartoon where the emperor calls Anakin a whiny little bitch? Robot chicken or something on Comedy Central?

Robot Chicken, from cartoon network/adult swim.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm still leaning w9. 8w7s tend to be higher energy, less serious and more sanguine (especially for ENFPs)

Hem... He was extremely impulsive and not a serious person at all...:huh::shock:
ENFP? No, he doesn't really use Ne at all, I don't remember him ever using Ne or exploring with new ideas or concepts.

That just means that he's not intelectual. Bubbly and dislike alone time focused on intelectual stuff, like many EP people.
When he isn't going on Fi-Ni whiny rants about how he'll overcome death and get power, he seems more focused on the immediate context of the present world (excluding physical ability, which really isn't a neccesity for Se considering that Jar Jar is Se dom).

Jar-Jar is ENFP also.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Speed Gavroche
That just means that he's not intelectual. Bubbly and dislike alone time focused on intelectual stuff, like many EP people.

Exploring with random ideas and theories is not intellectualism by a long shot. Ans since when is Anakin bubbly or disliking of alone time? Bsides, it's clear that he uses Ni as opposed to Ne, what with his future premonitions and idealizations of the future ("I will over come death" or however that quote goes). Te is also inferior, it's far too weak to be aux.

In terms of extroversion, I would attribute that to two things: ISxP's in general are more extroverted that the other introverts, and his enneagram is 4w3 sp/sx.

Jar-Jar is ENFP also.

To be honest I'm not entirely sure about Jar Jar, I don't remember (that is I willingly forgot) much of his character.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Exploring with random ideas and theories is not intellectualism by a long shot. Ans since when is Anakin bubbly or disliking of alone time? Bsides, it's clear that he uses Ni as opposed to Ne, what with his future premonitions and idealizations of the future ("I will over come death" or however that quote goes). Te is also inferior, it's far too weak to be aux.
In terms of extroversion, I would attribute that to two things: ISxP's in general are more extroverted that the other introverts, and his enneagram is 4w3 sp/sx.
To be honest I'm not entirely sure about Jar Jar, I don't remember (that is I willingly forgot) much of his character.

bold: agreed for the most part. although Anakin seems to use lots of Se, Ni and Ne so his information gathering function is sorta hard to figure out
underlined: disagree. ISXP are introverted as hell a lot of the time. all of the ones I've met don't even say anything unless you are talking about a subject they're intimately familiar with
italics: Anakin is not a 4w3. he's a power lusting sexual 8w9. powerful, defiant, protective