• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anakin Skywalker

What Type is Anakin Skywalker?

• ISFP

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • INFP

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • ENFP

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • other

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Obi-Wan Kenobi: ISTJ 6w5 Sp/So
Anakin Skywalker: ENFP 8w7 Sx/So

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think George Lucas wrote the young adult, pre-Darth Vader Anakin Skywalker as an unhealthy Feeler, most likely Fi. Unless he is lying about his decision making process when he said, "You are asking me to be rational. That is something I know I cannot do. Believe me, I wish that I could just wish away my feelings, but I can't."

Actually, even Darth Vader puts a lot of emphasis on feelings. How many times does he tell Luke to search his feelings?

You can't assume that Lucas' "Feelings" terminology = Jung or even MBTI.

It's kind of a quasi-mix of intuition and emotions and values, and now we found out it's actually quantifiable with little cosmic "Who's in WhoVille",midicholorianjiggermazwuggers so.... whatever. :sick:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm still thinking Anakin is wing 9. it's hard to say objectively, but his energy is much closer to the sort of internal strength of an 8w9. he just doesn't have the vibe of the 8w7 with their seemingly limitless outward energy, in your face communication style and sanguine, light hearted demeanor. 8w9s are much more "dark" as a whole than 8w7s. also, I'm sticking with Sx/Sp. he doesn't do anything remotely social the entire series and none of his decisions have any sort of group consensus/fitting in motivation.
I think I agree on Obi Wan though.
PS: what anime is your profile picture from? it looks cool :smoke:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I agree on Obi Wan though.

Again, character inconsistency.

Young Obiwan: ISTJ
Old Obiwan: (potentially) INFJ

I just want to run Lucas over with a horde of Tuscan Raider banthas sometimes.
Single file to hide their tracks.
(...yes, excruciatingly one by one.)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Elfboy
bold: agreed for the most part. although Anakin seems to use lots of Se, Ni and Ne so his information gathering function is sorta hard to figure out
underlined: disagree. ISXP are introverted as hell a lot of the time. all of the ones I've met don't even say anything unless you are talking about a subject they're intimately familiar with
italics: Anakin is not a 4w3. he's a power lusting sexual 8w9. powerful, defiant, protective

His information gathering is for the most part Fi-Se-Ni combination, I've yet to see him ever use Ne, thus logically ISFP fits. But I still think he's more of a 4, he's moody, emotional, narcissistic, temperamental, and focused way to much on himself and his ambition to succeed. I could see why this makes him appear to be an 8, but a wing 9 seems rather unlikely.

Originally posted by Speed Gavroche

Not sure if Obi-Wan from the prequels is ISTJ, I was thinking INFJ, but that might be because he's that type in the original trilogy. But Anakin is not ENFP, nor is he an 8, and he's sp and sx, not so.

EDIT: post 777

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
His information gathering is for the most part Fi-Se-Ni combination, I've yet to see him ever use Ne, thus logically ISFP fits. But I still think he's more of a 4, he's moody, emotional, narcissistic, temperamental, and focused way to much on himself and his ambition to succeed. I could see why this makes him appear to be an 8, but a wing 9 seems rather unlikely.

Not sure if Obi-Wan from the prequels is ISTJ, I was thinking INFJ, but that might be because he's that type in the original trilogy. But Anakin is not ENFP, nor is he an 8, and he's sp and sx, not so.

EDIT: post 777

that is SO 8 more than it is 4. 8s are by far the most ambitious of all the enneagram types.
PS: on a side note, I think Qui Gon is ENTJ 8w9

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
that is SO 8 more than it is 4. 8s are by far the most ambitious of all the enneagram types.
PS: on a side note, I think Qui Gon is ENTJ 8w9

4 and 3, especially 3, can be just as ambitious. Besides, unhealthy 4's with wing 3 tend to be extremely jealous, hostile, prone to severe destructiveness, and emotional problems. Anakin doesn't care about being a strong leader (8) he cares about being a better Jedi simple because of his over inflated ego (4).

Not sure what Qui-Gon's type is, his character was too shallow for me to make any sorta guess.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
4 and 3, especially 3, can be just as ambitious. Besides, unhealthy 4's with wing 3 tend to be extremely jealous, hostile, prone to severe destructiveness, and emotional problems. Anakin doesn't care about being a strong leader (8) he cares about being a better Jedi simple because of his over inflated ego (4).

Not sure what Qui-Gon's type is, his character was too shallow for me to make any sorta guess.

I still disagree
- he totally cares about being a strong leader,
- 4s main motivation is self expression, Anakin's isn't
- 3s main motivation is admiration from others. Anakin doesn't care about this at all
- 8s and 3s are ambitious, but for different reasons. there are more ambitious 3s, but the most ambitious people (billionaires) are almost all 8s and 5s
- Anakin is possessive as hell like unhealthy sexual 8s
- wanting to be a strong leader is more of a social 8 thing. Sexual 8s like Anakin do a little bit, but generally they'd much rather just do their thing and take care of their spouse and kids
- Anakin's stress is 5. 2 is growth, not his stress. when we see Anakin at his happiest, he's warm, affectionate and taking care of Padme making sure she is alright. at his worst he's 5-ish as hell.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think you're all going to be disappointed when I tell you that I see all three Anakin Skywalkers as ENTJ.

I can see the expertise with robotics and the desire to compete when young.

I can see the driven behavior and self-confidence as a teenager.

I can see his desire for control and dominance as an adult.

Really, am I the only one? Sigh...

It seems like the story of an ENTJ going from a healthy state to madness.

Luke is clearly xNFP, on the other hand.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're all going to be disappointed when I tell you that I see all three Anakin Skywalkers as ENTJ.

I don't think he is, but I've definitely considered the possibility based on similar criteria

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yes, I think so.

All those traits you describe can belong to other types.
It's about motivation and expressions of motivation.
Sorry.

I think one thing that would help would be if you got a full range of experience with human beings in day-to-day life.
That sort of experience was an eye-opener for me; it helped me recognize type as a holistic self, not just as an abstracted list of character traits, and I could begin to recognize when people were "similar."

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1.I still disagree
- he totally cares about being a strong leader,
- 4s main motivation is self expression, Anakin's isn't
- 3s main motivation is admiration from others. Anakin doesn't care about this at all

Anakin want appreciation froms his peers and to be a respected member of the Jedi counsel, when he doesn't get that he resent the Jdei counsel entirely. He's jeaslous at Obi-Wan for not being accepted and praised, he lives off his emotions and almost nothing else. That goes beyond just Fi, that is if anything a pure indicator of 4 gone out of control.

- 8s and 3s are ambitious, but for different reasons. there are more ambitious 3s, but the most ambitious people (billionaires) are almost all 8s and 5s
- Anakin is possessive as hell like unhealthy sexual 8s
- wanting to be a strong leader is more of a social 8 thing. Sexual 8s like Anakin do a little bit, but generally they'd much rather just do their thing and take care of their spouse and kids

Since when are 5's more mabitous than 3's? I don't see why his ambition is more 8 than 3 or 4. Also, possesivness could be attributed to any enneagram type, so I'd be skeptical about labeling a pure 8 quality. And I see no social varient in Anakin, social varients are freindly and complient, Anakin is the opposite of that, he's selfish and hostile, thus sp/sx (I say sp first because aside from Padme, he really only cares about himself).

- Anakin's stress is 5. 2 is growth, not his stress. when we see Anakin at his happiest, he's warm, affectionate and taking care of Padme making sure she is alright. at his worst he's 5-ish as hell.

I don't see how Anakin's stress is 5 at all; 5's are the analytical observer types, Anakin never seems to use his brain ever.

Originally posted by Athenian200

It seems like the story of an ENTJ going from a healthy state to madness.

Luke is clearly xNFP, on the other hand.

Actually, Vader I could see as an ENTJ, what with all the ruthless Te and even his "Join me Luke, and together we can overthrow the emperor and rule the galaxy as father and son!" sounds like it could potentially be Ni, with his true feeling that are buried deep inside of him as his inferior Fi.

Little Anakin, I dunno, since his character was nothing more than 'perfect little angel boy who is annoying', ENTJ could be possible.

Teenage Anakin, doubt it; never once do I see him use Te or T at all in any proficiently logical manner. He's far too governed by his emotions to be inferior Fi.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
All those traits you describe can belong to other types.
It's about motivation and expressions of motivation.
Sorry.

Of course they can belong to other types. But in this case, I happen to think that they belong to an ENTJ.

I don't think that his motivations are incompatible with that. Perhaps I expressed it poorly by pointing to behavior traits, but there was actually more behind my typing than just that. At the very least, I feel that Lucas was trying to express his own idea of an ENTJ, flawed though it might have been.

I could certainly see a bit of Ni vision and Te skill in the sort of decisions he made early on as a child... he seemed to focus on the future implications of things, and took skilled action to have an impact on them. All the horrendous things that happened in his fall? Inferior Fi driven by Te. And it should be obvious how Vader is stereotypically Te-Ni in the later movies.

I think one thing that would help would be if you got a full range of experience with human beings in day-to-day life.
That sort of experience was an eye-opener for me; it helped me recognize type as a holistic self, not just as an abstracted list of character traits, and I could begin to recognize when people were "similar."

All this stuff about holistic self, from the girl who typed ALL three of Darth Vader's characters as different types, and called Lucas a hack?

If you're not going to look for the personality threads that connect Anakin from one story to the next... of course you're not going to see them. Lucas might not have written characters that were totally realistic and consistent according to your experiences, but that doesn't mean that he isn't a good writer. It just means he hasn't studied psychology (or at least MBTI) as extensively as you, and doesn't know that it's unrealistic.

Ha. But I can't disagree with your general point. Though I think the subject of my lack of interaction with people is off-topic, I have to agree that it would help me. But to be honest with you, if I got to interact with human beings enough in day-to-day life, I'd probably be so happy I wouldn't care about type that much anymore. The reason I started studying it in the first place was in order to give me some kind of guideline about how to accommodate different kinds of people, and thus interact with them more. What you're telling me is frustrating, basically that there are no shortcuts, and I have to learn EVERYTHING through experience. It was a waste of time to even learn it, then. I could have just gone out and gotten experience with people instead of studying type, and I'd probably have a better understanding from that than I do now.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anakin want appreciation froms his peers and to be a respected member of the Jedi counsel, when he doesn't get that he resent the Jdei counsel entirely. He's jeaslous at Obi-Wan for not being accepted and praised, he lives off his emotions and almost nothing else. That goes beyond just Fi, that is if anything a pure indicator of 4 gone out of control.

Since when are 5's more mabitous than 3's? I don't see why his ambition is more 8 than 3 or 4. Also, possesivness could be attributed to any enneagram type, so I'd be skeptical about labeling a pure 8 quality. And I see no social varient in Anakin, social varients are freindly and complient, Anakin is the opposite of that, he's selfish and hostile, thus sp/sx (I say sp first because aside from Padme, he really only cares about himself).

I don't see how Anakin's stress is 5 at all; 5's are the analytical observer types, Anakin never seems to use his brain ever.

Actually, Vader I could see as an ENTJ, what with all the ruthless Te and even his "Join me Luke, and together we can overthrow the emperor and rule the galaxy as father and son!" sounds like it could potentially be Ni, with his true feeling that are buried deep inside of him as his inferior Fi.

Little Anakin, I dunno, since his character was nothing more than 'perfect little angel boy who is annoying', ENTJ could be possible.

Teenage Anakin, doubt it; never once do I see him use Te or T at all in any proficiently logical manner. He's far too governed by his emotions to be inferior Fi.

the distinction must be made between appreciation and respect. wanting respect is common in all types, especially 8s. other types want it, but 8s demand it (8s feel that they are constantly needed to check people who are disrespecting them). appreciation is praise for your accomplishments and feedback from your peers, respect merely requires that people accept the way you do things and let you do your thing without interuption (you can see this is very important for an 8) Anakin displays no desire to fit in or be appreciated. anakin makes it clear from the get go that he is not just going to be another model goody 2 shoes jedi. what he does display is a plee for guidance that the Jedi basically respond with "oh, you're not supposed to feel that, stop feeling that". he really just wants them to make him a jedi master so that they can stop barking orders at him. although he does have the moodiness of a 4, the types of emotions he has are the difference. with the exception of his feelings for Padme, Anakin's feelings come primarily from his gut and instincts like those of an 8. he goes not his instincts much more than his instincts. trust me, if you study a few examples of type 4s, you will see that they are nothing like Anakin

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
the distinction must be made between appreciation and respect. wanting respect is common in all types, especially 8s. other types want it, but 8s demand it (8s feel that they are constantly needed to check people who are disrespecting them). appreciation is praise for your accomplishments and feedback from your peers, respect merely requires that people accept the way you do things and let you do your thing without interuption (you can see this is very important for an 8) Anakin displays no desire to fit in or be appreciated. anakin makes it clear from the get go that he is not just going to be another model goody 2 shoes jedi. what he does display is a plee for guidance that the Jedi basically respond with "oh, you're not supposed to feel that, stop feeling that". he really just wants them to make him a jedi master so that they can stop barking orders at him. although he does have the moodiness of a 4, the types of emotions he has are the difference. with the exception of his feelings for Padme, Anakin's feelings come primarily from his gut and instincts like those of an 8. he goes not his instincts much more than his instincts. trust me, if you study a few examples of type 4s, you will see that they are nothing like Anakin

Actually, maybe instead of one enneagram type, 8 and 4 are part of his tri-type.

In which case Anakin would be 4w3 - 8w9 - 5w6, not neccessarily in that order.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, maybe instead of one enneagram type, 8 and 4 are part of his tri-type.

In which case Anakin would be 4w3 - 8w9 - 5w6, not neccessarily in that order.

I'm fairly certain type 8 is first, but yes I would agree. his tritype is probably 8-4-7 or 8-4-5.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm fairly certain type 8 is first, but yes I would agree. his tritype is probably 8-4-7 or 8-4-5.

I stil think it's 4-8-5 or 7; does anyone else have any opinion as to what Anakin's first enneagram is?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Wow, has it really been over a year since I posted in this thread? Damn.

I've been thinking; could Anakin really be a cp sx 6? I've heard how those with Borderline Personality Disorder would be categorized as sx 6's (not that all sx 6's have BPD), and Anakin certainly has BPD, so logically is would only make sense for him to be cp6.

Granted he's certainly not 4 dominant as I originally thought (I was totally wrong on that), and for the longest time since then I've typed him ISFP 8w7. But know I have to wonder if he's actually 6w7 instead, which would make his full tritype cp6w7 > 8w7 > 4w3 sx/sp.

Thoughts anyone?

In addition, I'm beginning to think that he may be ESFP; his Ni visions seem like the kind of for-sight that you would see from an Se-dom; relying on dreams and premonitions as a source of anticipating future events or ideals. Also, if he's 8, then he might not be (according to some) Fi dom.