• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISTP Anime Characters?

Illmatic

I want a list of ISTP ANIME Characters.

Its for an AMV i'm making so yeah....So far i've got:

Spike Spiegel
Alucard
Mugen
Jin
Sessomahru
Afro Samurai
Zoro

Laurasaur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Outing myself as a huge dork here but Yamato "Matt" Ishida from Digimon has always seemed very ISTP-ish to me.

Offog

MBTI Type
INTP
Akito Tenkawa, Keiichi Morisato ... actually, ISTP seems pretty common.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Motoko "The Major" Kusanagi, from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Jade Curtiss

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always seen Sesshomaru as INTJ, and Mugen as more ESTP.

Kakashi from Naruto is a good example of an ISTP anime character.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've always seen Sesshomaru as INTJ, and Mugen as more ESTP.

Kakashi from Naruto is a good example of an ISTP anime character.

agreed on Sesshomaru. if he knew about MBTI, he'd probably be an N snob =P

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kurogane- Tsubasa Chronicle
Sangiro- .hack//Legend of the Twilight
Piccolo- Dragonball Z
Shishio- Rurouni Kenshin

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Soul from the anime Soul Eater; he's basically a walking ISTP "cool guy" stereotype.

Black Sun

Takashi Morinozuka (Ouran High School Host Club)
Takashi.jpg

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Pretty much any shounen battle protagonist or the protagonist's friend. Guts from Berserk, and Thorfinn from Vinland saga too.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Shishio is way too much of a charismatic leader to not be an E.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Tomoya from Clannad is a good example of an ISTP I think. His Fe definitely develops over the series, and I think him and Nagisa showed a sort of contrast between Si and Se. Nagisa talks about in the beginning about her fear of all the happy things in life changing, and Tomoya tells her to just find new happy things. He's a minor character, but Matt from Death Note I think is an ISTP. He's on the quieter side but he's a very live-in-the-moment sensation seeking guy and I don't see any stripe of Fi and Te in him.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Pretty much any shounen battle protagonist or the protagonist's friend. Guts from Berserk, and Thorfinn from Vinland saga too.

What do mean by this...haha. Luffy, Naruto aren't ISTPs...

And yes Guts is definitely ISTP no doubt.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do mean by this...haha. Luffy, Naruto aren't ISTPs...

And yes Guts is definitely ISTP no doubt.

I have watched a LOT of anime, and it is just a trend I've noticed. It is the ideal protagonist type for a shounen. Not saying they all are, of course.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have watched a LOT of anime, and it is just a trend I've noticed. It is the ideal protagonist type for a shounen. Not saying they all are, of course.

But I don't understand, ISTP doesn't fit any of the shonen stereotypes. Loving your friends, happy go lucky, extroverted, loving to eat, idealistic, big dreamer, ambitious, unrealistic dreamer, impulsive, imaginative, airhead, innocent, naive, these all fit the ENFP shonen stereotype Goku laid out in the 80s. Berserk isn't a shonen btw, its a seinen. Not saying you said that but just clarifying, I'm just very confused by this statement is all.

Here's a great video on the topic, maybe Kenshiro was ISTP? But ever since Goku, most shonen MCs have been ENFP in people's opinion. People get confused now and mixup ENFP vs ESFP today but in my opinion and others there ENFPs for sure. I talk about it here in my ENFP Anime characters post too:

Supereyepatch 80s Shonen Jump video:

What Shonen Jump Was Like 30 Years Ago - YouTube

My ENFP anime characters list I recently made:

ENFP Anime Characters : ENFP

Funny thing is Vinland saga says on the wiki its a shonen and a seinen both, which do u classify it as. It has a more mature seinen vibe from what I see like Berserk. But shows like One Piece, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball are all shonen classics for sure, along with many others.