• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lolz Disney Movies and MBTI Type

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Frozen 2 type reevaluation, anyone? Because wow, character development really threw us a curveball here.

ISTJ for Elsa? Nah, she is way trusting of her intuition in this movie. She knows what she needs to do but also foresees that it will hurt others and that is where her main conflict lies. I think she is actually an INFJ.

Anna is clearly the sensing counterpart for Elsa, and also prioritizes holding true to values in contrast to Elsa's dutifulness and protection. ESFP.

Current theory is Olaf as ESFJ. His mind is a battleground between Si and Ne in this movie, but his warmness and dramatics remain strong.

Not sure about Kristoff yet. Introvert, possibly perceiving? Will need a rewatch.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Frozen 2 type reevaluation, anyone? Because wow, character development really threw us a curveball here.

ISTJ for Elsa? Nah, she is way trusting of her intuition in this movie. She knows what she needs to do but also foresees that it will hurt others and that is where her main conflict lies. I think she is actually an INFJ.
I've always struggled with the concept of her being an ISTJ as well, although I've always leaned to ISFJ rather than INFJ, even after the movie. I can definitely see where you're getting the intuition feel, the recent movie really shifted her characterization around a lot. I'd question if it was more about her learning to trust herself and her feelings now that's she's more in touch with her desires (since I notice that feeling is often conflated with certain aspects of intuition). I'm not 100% sure though, I'm more sure of her enneagram (which I think is 6w5; her back and forth between fear of consequence and adventure, as well as struggle between needing to trust others and feeling she must be independent in everything she does is very reminiscent of 6 core).
Anna is clearly the sensing counterpart for Elsa, and also prioritizes holding true to values in contrast to Elsa's dutifulness and protection. ESFP.

Current theory is Olaf as ESFJ. His mind is a battleground between Si and Ne in this movie, but his warmness and dramatics remain strong.

Not sure about Kristoff yet. Introvert, possibly perceiving? Will need a rewatch.
I agree with Anna though, ESFP 7w6 so dom works.
Olaf is a weird character, I could see ESFJ, I think Fe dom actually works well for him, especially if you pair it with e7.
Kristiff I pegged as an ISTx 9 sp/so. I find it tough to peg Ti vs Fi for him, most people have tended to argue the prior, but I believe he sort of has a Si-Fi sort of softness to him?

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've always struggled with the concept of her being an ISTJ as well, although I've always leaned to ISFJ rather than INFJ, even after the movie. I can definitely see where you're getting the intuition feel, the recent movie really shifted her characterization around a lot. I'd question if it was more about her learning to trust herself and her feelings now that's she's more in touch with her desires (since I notice that feeling is often conflated with certain aspects of intuition). I'm not 100% sure though, I'm more sure of her enneagram (which I think is 6w5; her back and forth between fear of consequence and adventure, as well as struggle between needing to trust others and feeling she must be independent in everything she does is very reminiscent of 6 core).

I agree with Anna though, ESFP 7w6 so dom works.
Olaf is a weird character, I could see ESFJ, I think Fe dom actually works well for him, especially if you pair it with e7.
Kristiff I pegged as an ISTx 9 sp/so. I find it tough to peg Ti vs Fi for him, most people have tended to argue the prior, but I believe he sort of has a Si-Fi sort of softness to him?

My opinion is

Elsa INFJ
Anna ENFP
Olaf ESFP
Kristoph ISTP

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I feel like since things leveled out and with time, I figured I'd post this here now.

Zootopia MBTI

Judy Hopps ENFP:

In my opinion Judy Hopps is a clear ENFP, she wanted to be a police officer because it was her dream and she saw the possibility to do so no matter what, despite society saying she can't and she believed she could do it the whole way and ignored society values and followed her own inner values, Ne and Fi. Judy was curious about going to Zootopia and imagined it of being this wonderland place filled with possibilities of adventures to explore and new people and animals to meet and learn about, and of course to protect and save as well. Once she got there she was still underestimated and then saw the possibility to prove herself to the chief with her Ne and chased the weasel despite orders not to do so because she felt it was the right thing to do at the time, Fi in her and because she saw the chance and didn't want the possibility to slip away from her to explain Ne again. She was very spontaneous when she jumped straight into action and danger without following orders again, an ENFJ would usually never do this unless absolutely had too, they usually care about rules similar to SJs even if not as much as them. ENFPs however follow their heart and jump at chance spontaneously when they see it like she did. She caught the weasel and then got scolded for it, still got another chance and then went on the quests with Nick Wilde, an obvious ENTP. She bounced off ideas and sweet talked Nick while trying to get him to work with her and she came up with the howling idea to help them get the past wolves on her own, which was another major Ne moment for Judy Hopps. That's my opinion on why Judy Hopps is ENFP from Zootopia.

Nick Wilde: A clear ENTP, jumps from idea to idea in speech like Judy does. Also a sweet talker but more in a Tert Fe way, very logical in his approach to things and comes up with good ideas on the spot to get himself out of scenarios and tough spots. Spontaneous and flexible guy, very funny and likes to mess with people.

Bellwether ISFJ: Driven by her duties and tradition. Loyal to the mayor and helping him handle his duties or doing it for him, Si. Very friendly and helpful until she becomes a villain of course but before that she always offered to helped and do more than she can handle out of kindness and the desire to give and care for others and their emotional state for her Fe.

Officer Clawhauser ESFP: Fun, happy guy who lives in the moment. Likes to be entertained and lighten the mood. Knows how to light up a room and make you feel at ease and isn't uptight at all. Focuses on details in the moment and so on.

Chief Bogo ESTJ: Very efficient and rule oriented. Has no patience for people or Judy, has to be convinced to give chances to people. Immediately wants to fire Judy and make her leave after she doesn't listen to him or his rules through the film.

Mr. Big ESTJ: Love Mr. Big

Finnick ESTP: This dudes funny, haha.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
One thing I want to point out is, Ariel is ESFP, not ENFP.

She is obviously very focused on the enviroment and exploring around, which is Se use not Ne use. The fact that she wants to get to the land is more of a Ni vision she follows, to get out of the comfort zone, this is no way of any Ne usage here.

No you need to remember that Se and Ne BOTH care about the environment and exploring. Se cares about details and what it is on its own and being in the moment, where as Ne cares about the environment based on curiosity and imagination on what things could be and why they are there and other questions that come which describes Ariel to a T and her Ne. This is why people type her ENFP because of her Ne curiosity with things and objects and her motivation to find out more about the humans on the surface, that's all Ne. Both are extroverted functions that focus on the external, I fully understood this myself a few months ago. And her Fi helps her believe she can do it even if she's not allowed to by her ESTJ father, Triton.

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My opinion is

Elsa INFJ
Anna ENFP
Olaf ESFP
Kristoph ISTP

This is a valid take honestly. Out of curiosity, why ESFP for Olaf? I can see that as a possibility actually, but I was fairly convinced he was somewhere on the Ne-Si axis.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This is a valid take honestly. Out of curiosity, why ESFP for Olaf? I can see that as a possibility actually, but I was fairly convinced he was somewhere on the Ne-Si axis.

Ok I'll admit I'm not gonna lie Olaf does seem ENFP at times especially that Summer song and how delusion he was about it haha and him daydreaming about it. But he always gave an ESFP vibe and impression. He seemed more in the moment and focused on details besides that, he always gave an SP and ESFP vibe. Olaf always felt more ESFP to me with how he is and his humor.

Anna always has been a clear ENFP, not sure where people see Se in her, she's a huge daydreamer and idealistic and always thinking about the future and romance like an NFP and NF. She sees possibilities like trying to save Elsa and stop the winter and of course Ne was all over the First time in forever song with her Ne and Fi both in that song. And she left the entire kingdom in the hands of the prince she just met which Elsa just said with her being too trusting, impulsive, and naive and idealistic which are all traits in ENFPs and INFPs too, can't imagine most ESFPs doing that. I have two ESFP brothers so I know even if they're male and a ENFP best friend to compare. Also she's pretty eccentric and happy go lucky, and she came up with the idea to get Kristoph to help her get to Elsa along with other moments.

I could argue Elsa is INFJ and not an Si dom for days, in short an Si dom would never abandon her duty as princess to build her castle and honestly an INFJ would because they felt misunderstood which is like the massive INFJ stereotype. She's future oriented and always says "its the only way" showing her Fe and how she puts others first and thinks about society emotionally in her decision making. And she probably gets hunches and understands the truth which drives her to say that which helps that I have to be alone and its the only way lines she always gives to Anna and the rest. And Let it Go fits Ni and Fe and INFJs more than ISTJ.

Kristoph being ISTP haven't seen a single one argue this lol, so far.

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok I'll admit I'm not gonna lie Olaf does seem ENFP at times especially that Summer song and how delusion he was about it haha and him daydreaming about. But he always gave an ESFP vibe and impression. He seemed more in the moment and focused on details besides that, he always gave an SP and ESFP vibe. Olaf always felt more ESFP to me with how he is and his humor.

Anna always has been a clear ENFP, not sure where people see Se in her, she's a huge daydreamer and idealistic and always thinking about the future and romance like an NFP and NF. She sees possibilities like trying to save Elsa and stop the winter and of course Ne was all over the First time in forever song with her Ne and Fi both in that song. And she left the entire kingdom in the hands of the prince she just met which Elsa just said with her being too trusting, impulsive, and naive and idealistic which are all traits in ENFPs and INFPs too, can't imagine most ESFPs doing that. I have two ESFP brothers so I know even if they're male and a ENFP best friend to compare. Also she's pretty eccentric and happy go lucky, and she came up with the idea to get Kristoph to help her get to Elsa along with other moments.
These are both pretty reasonable. Honestly I go back and forth with Anna between the ExFP types, though you do bring up the point of her blatant naitivity which does resemble the inferior Si lack of handle on reality, though I wonder if it's that or the fact that she's been locked in a castle her entire life. ESFP definitly isn't anti daydreaming, as I also know more Fi heavy ESFP's who are very much inclined to daydreaming. Her whole leaving the kingdom to Hans seemed to definitely indicate some inferior Pi function for sure, it very well could be inferior Si. I don't really have a great argument for this atm, perhaps I'll get back to you on this.

Olaf is an interesting character, my "knee jerk" reaction when watching the movie was to say ENFP when that perhaps is not the case. I think the second movie showcased some kind of Si usage as he really does tend to get stuck in comfort and a desire for things to just say the same and predictable, similarly to Anna, which is actually a very underdeveloped Si thing to do. I do think he's relatively sensation oriented, as even his whole idealization of summer and delusion really had to do more with lack of experience than idealization (and being that he has some sort of ennea 7 influence in there somewhere, that brings along it's own edge of idealism), but at the same time I'm not sure if it's quite Se? Again, crappy argument for me, I haven't thought in depth about these characters in particular because they're not incredibly complex characters.

I could argue Elsa is INFJ and not an Si dom for days, in short an Si dom would never abandon her duty as princess to build her castle and honestly an INFJ would because they felt misunderstood which is like the massive INFJ stereotype. She's future oriented and always says "its the only way" showing her Fe and how she puts others first and thinks about society emotionally in her decision making. And she probably gets hunches and understands the truth which drives her to say that which helps that I have to be alone and its the only way lines she always gives to Anna and the rest. And Let it Go fits Ni and Fe and INFJs more than ISTJ.
I agree wholeheartedly with Fe aux (I pegged her ISFJ initially in the morning as was kind of shocked she was getting pegged as a high Te user), but I'm not entirely convinced of Ni over Si. In part, duty isn't really isn't a necessary trait of Si dominance (that's more of an enneagram 1,2,6 thing that by correlation gets aligned with Si I think). In both traumatic and non-traumatic situations, I've personally seen many high Si users abandon duty and responsibility, be it because it was an annoyance/uncomfortable, because they felt incompetent or unskilled, because they desired something more in the realm of their interests or strengths, personal trauma, etc. Especially since her home life was filled with calling her dangerous because of her abilities and also being locked in her room away from others, I really don't think any type would want to stay and lead a land they don't know that well and has left them with like... A clear anxiety disorder sort of thing and trauma. I believe her feeling misunderstood also comes from this rather than being connected to type. Si as a type is characterized by an awareness of the physical (and typically personal comfort by extension) and perceiving the world in a way that is passed through the lens of experience and sensual experiences (including emotional ones). When Elsa escapes on her own, she builds herself a castle because that's what she's most comfortable with (I stand by the argument that that's connected to where she has been brought up) and she continues to indulge herself in her comforts, which includes being alone where she can control her entire environment, keep herself safe, and do whatever she wants to do, responsibility free. I'd be curious of the future orientation, I don't think it's far fetched at all, but also I don't quite remember where this could be acquired (I haven't watched the movie in awhile). Si isn't not future oriented either, however there is a directional focus of Ni that I don't see as implausible from her. I didn't really gauge her as super self trusting either, but she does seem to be moved by at least a sense of spirituality, which I'm unsure whether or not relates to her special abilities and being the "5th element" or whatever she was declared in the second movie or her actual self trust. Her desire for change and distaste for how things were sort of lead me to look back to the first movie and the fact that she never really was comfortable being Arindales queen in the first place, as well as maybe her own personal development, but it very well could be Ni from her. I'm unsure if her character was consistent from one movie to the next, but it didn't seem too off.

Sorry for like textpost, I like debates and I'm stuck in my house haha. If you'd like I'd love to hear your take with Ni, however you have no obligation to respond.

Kristoph being ISTP haven't seen a single one argue this lol, so far.
Quite honestly he's not an easy read, I figured that some ST temperament would work for him in general. ISTP doesn't seem too bad a fit, and I have no argument for anything else outside of that it seemed ISTJ could be plausible? I don't get a strong read on him at all and honestly I have no issue with ISTP.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
These are both pretty reasonable. Honestly I go back and forth with Anna between the ExFP types, though you do bring up the point of her blatant naitivity which does resemble the inferior Si lack of handle on reality, though I wonder if it's that or the fact that she's been locked in a castle her entire life. ESFP definitly isn't anti daydreaming, as I also know more Fi heavy ESFP's who are very much inclined to daydreaming. Her whole leaving the kingdom to Hans seemed to definitely indicate some inferior Pi function for sure, it very well could be inferior Si. I don't really have a great argument for this atm, perhaps I'll get back to you on this.

Olaf is an interesting character, my "knee jerk" reaction when watching the movie was to say ENFP when that perhaps is not the case. I think the second movie showcased some kind of Si usage as he really does tend to get stuck in comfort and a desire for things to just say the same and predictable, similarly to Anna, which is actually a very underdeveloped Si thing to do. I do think he's relatively sensation oriented, as even his whole idealization of summer and delusion really had to do more with lack of experience than idealization (and being that he has some sort of ennea 7 influence in there somewhere, that brings along it's own edge of idealism), but at the same time I'm not sure if it's quite Se? Again, crappy argument for me, I haven't thought in depth about these characters in particular because they're not incredibly complex characters.

I agree wholeheartedly with Fe aux (I pegged her ISFJ initially in the morning as was kind of shocked she was getting pegged as a high Te user), but I'm not entirely convinced of Ni over Si. In part, duty isn't really isn't a necessary trait of Si dominance (that's more of an enneagram 1,2,6 thing that by correlation gets aligned with Si I think). In both traumatic and non-traumatic situations, I've personally seen many high Si users abandon duty and responsibility, be it because it was an annoyance/uncomfortable, because they felt incompetent or unskilled, because they desired something more in the realm of their interests or strengths, personal trauma, etc. Especially since her home life was filled with calling her dangerous because of her abilities and also being locked in her room away from others, I really don't think any type would want to stay and lead a land they don't know that well and has left them with like... A clear anxiety disorder sort of thing and trauma. I believe her feeling misunderstood also comes from this rather than being connected to type. Si as a type is characterized by an awareness of the physical (and typically personal comfort by extension) and perceiving the world in a way that is passed through the lens of experience and sensual experiences (including emotional ones). When Elsa escapes on her own, she builds herself a castle because that's what she's most comfortable with (I stand by the argument that that's connected to where she has been brought up) and she continues to indulge herself in her comforts, which includes being alone where she can control her entire environment, keep herself safe, and do whatever she wants to do, responsibility free. I'd be curious of the future orientation, I don't think it's far fetched at all, but also I don't quite remember where this could be acquired (I haven't watched the movie in awhile). Si isn't not future oriented either, however there is a directional focus of Ni that I don't see as implausible from her. I didn't really gauge her as super self trusting either, but she does seem to be moved by at least a sense of spirituality, which I'm unsure whether or not relates to her special abilities and being the "5th element" or whatever she was declared in the second movie or her actual self trust. Her desire for change and distaste for how things were sort of lead me to look back to the first movie and the fact that she never really was comfortable being Arindales queen in the first place, as well as maybe her own personal development, but it very well could be Ni from her. I'm unsure if her character was consistent from one movie to the next, but it didn't seem too off.

Sorry for like textpost, I like debates and I'm stuck in my house haha. If you'd like I'd love to hear your take with Ni, however you have no obligation to respond.

Quite honestly he's not an easy read, I figured that some ST temperament would work for him in general. ISTP doesn't seem too bad a fit, and I have no argument for anything else outside of that it seemed ISTJ could be plausible? I don't get a strong read on him at all and honestly I have no issue with ISTP.

Great response, I will respond I promise with my points. You gave good points and I'll give my points and say what I disagree with etc so we can meet in the middle. I'm just lazy and tired of arguing/debating types so much online. I feel like an English major! Haha, I might as well write another novel again. But yeah I'll respond with a in depth Elsa post and even Anna too since Frozen is literally at my finger tips with Disney+ and Frozen 2 is out. I guess I'll write a full post on them too soon after that since I'm known for those, I just wrote and posted my Hancock post on here from One Piece. Just give me a little time because writing long posts is time consuming you know, like this one! Haha, MBTI is great right, you gotta love this stuff.

Also I'm INFJ and I ran away from home twice out of frustration and personal reasons and feelings so I can relate to that aspect in her even if I'm male. Things are better now of course and lifes more positive despite the virus going on now in the world but yeah, you can ignore this point I just felt like mentioning it and being a bit subjective here.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Where do you see the J in him persay, especially the uptight ISTJ? He seems so lazy and laid back and doesn't care about anything but Ice, his job, and Fenn (Am I spelling this right, lol?)

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Also I forgot to say yesterday since I fell asleep, I again think you gave good points especially your great vast knowledge on enneagram but I wanted to give a sneak preview on my counter arguement when I'm ready and rewatch. In my opinion from learning the functions through the years including recent. Si is definitely a duty based function, its a key trait in it and a big part of makes it work. Duty, honor, loyalty, tradition, promises, and fixation to the past and past experiences, and storing details in your mind in the moment to remember later and taking them seriously, that's Si in a nutshell just so you know my framework of the definition. But what's also interesting is certain functions act very similar to each other like Se and Te with directness and their ability to get things done in different ways whether it'd Te efficiency and structure or Se wanting to get it out with and spontaneously handling details in the moment, or like Fe and Si caring about duty and societal values with their decision making, Fe is very similar to Si I think people forget that, its why I type Sanji from ENFJ and not a Si user anymore despite the chivalry code he follows. Its coming primarily from his Fe and societial values and him picking up on and reading peoples emotional and caring about their emotional state and well being. He believes all people should never hit a lady and should always treat them right, he has this societal expectation and looks to people outward for his decision making. And his Ni comes through with his constant insight and future oriented thinking like his Enies Lobby moment, him seeing past Nami in Arlong Park, thinking ahead during Alabasta and so on. Also Sanji is always daydreaming and idealizing women and mermaids, he does it all the time and he's super idealistic with that with mermaids and his All Blue dream. So to go into all that but I felt that explanation and framework of Fe and Si would help in our understanding of the differences and similarities of Fe and Si together. I'm gonna post my Elsa Anna post soon, probably later today when I watch them and get in my frame of mind to write a long post out today on them. Thanks for reading.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that Mulan is an ISTP and Frollo is an INTJ.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see inferior Fe (small urge to fit in) as opposed to a desire to be more structured (inferior Te). She is quite realistic and logical. And INFJ? There is no way she has inferior Se! She is quite good at acting in the moment, which INFJs are not.

Claude Frollo is typed as an ISTJ or an INFJ sometimes, but he is an INTJ 1w2 with a very strong Fi.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I still think she's an ISFP.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Mulan goes with her feelings. They are right about 6w7 though.

I disagree, thinkers use their emotions too. I can't see Mulan as a Te user at all even inferior, she's much more on the Ti Fe axis with how she is. Bell is Fi dom and INFP in comparison.