• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Types of British TV Shows You've Never Heard of.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
First of all I'd like to apologise for the thread title ending on a preposition, but it was long enough already to try to re-word.

The following is a list of TV show characters' MBTI type so obscure you'll find neither interest nor reason in reading this thread. They're all British comedies and as most of you on this forum are American you'll soon feel alienated.

To the few Brits on this forum, I hope you recognise these shows and enjoy the typing.

Green Wing:

Dr. Caroline Todd ---INFP

Dr. Guillaume 'Guy' Valerie Secretan ---ENTP

Dr. 'Mac' Macartney ---ENFJ

Dr. Alan Statham ---INTJ

Joanna Clore ---ESTP

Sue White ---ENTP + completely insane

Dr. Martin Dear ---ISFP

Boyce ---ENFP

Dr. Angela Hunter ---ESTJ

Harriet Schulenburg ---INFP

Kim Alabaster ---ISTP

Naughty Rachel ---ESFP

Karen Ball ---ISFJ

Black Books:

Bernard Black ---INTP

Manny Bianco ---INFP

Fran Katzenjammer ---ISXP
Fran went from being an ISFP in the first series to an ISTP in the third series. Through this they covered the entire spectrums of IPs

The Mighty Boosh:

Howard Moon ---INTP

Vince Noir ---ENFP

Naboo ---INFJ

Bollo ---ISTP

Bob Fossil ---ESFP

Dixon Bainbridge ---ENTJ

Mrs Gideon ---INFJ

The Moon ---ESFP

The Hitcher ---ESTP

Father Ted:

Father Ted Crilly ---ENTP

Father Dougal McGuire ---ISFP

Father Jack Hackett ---ESTP

Mrs Doyle ---ISFJ

I hope for at least a very small amount of discussion before this thread is merged with those of more mainstream and popular TV shows.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
As vibrant as this thread has turned out to be, I have a couple more obscure shows to type.

The Young Ones:
Rick---ENFP

Vyvyan---ESTP

(Probably the same for their characters in Bottom)

Neal---INFP

Mike---ENTJ

Blackadder:
Blackadder Season 1---ESFP
Blackadder Season 2 & 4---ENTP
Blackadder Season 3---INTP

Baldrick Season 1---INTP
Baldrick Season 2 & 3---ISFP
Baldrick Season 4---INFP

George---ESFP

Melchet Season 2---INTJ
Melchet Season 4---ENTJ

Queen Elizabeth---ENFP

Nursey---ESFJ

Percy---ISFP
Darling---ESTJ

Red Dwarf:
Rimmer---INTJ

Lister---ENFP

The Cat---ESFP

Kryten---ESFJ

Holly m/f---ISTP

I feel very alone here.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
This may make you feel more alone but... *pet* :D

Ah, I hope you didn't get too excited that someone finally posted !_!

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Darkness surrounds me DD, especially under your omnipotent eye.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
On Father Ted's, I agree!

With the sole exception of Father Jack Hackett ...

His constantly inebriated state might conceal his true nature, as we only see his shadow, dysfunctional appearance.

Let me quote personalitypage, for instance:

"When under a great deal of stress, the INTJ may become obsessed with mindless repetitive, Sensate activities, such as over-drinking."

Or

"If the INTP has not developed their Sensing side sufficiently, they may become unaware of their environment, and exhibit weakness in performing maintenance-type tasks, such as bill-paying and dressing appropriately."

---

So perhaps father Jack is an INTx in disguise... ;)

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
So perhaps father Jack is an INTx in disguise... ;)

Actually, come to think of it, he reminds me of a very quiet ISTP friend of mine who gets very aggresive and confrontational when he's drunk. But I'm happy to claim him as an INTP. :biggrin:

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Actually, come to think of it, he reminds me of a very quiet ISTP friend of mine who gets very aggresive and confrontational when he's drunk. But I'm happy to claim him as an INTP. :biggrin:

Drink! Fuck! Arse! Girls!

That would be an oecumenical matter!

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
"What do you say to a cup of tea?"

"Feck off cup!"

"I love my brick!"

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Now I want to do Python, but I can't figure out how.

Very simple:

John Cleese: ENTP
Michael Palin: ENTP
Graham Chapman: INTP
Terry Jones: ENFP
Eric Idle: ESTP
Terry Gilliam: INFP/ INFJ?

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Rimmer.... INTJ....???? :huh:

Is this a parody or something? (No not the performance of the subject but the typing of it).

I would place Rimmer as ESTJ without a second thought. Competitive over silly things, the whole timetable, failing so many times and yet seems to have blind faith that eventually he will prove himself as the best.

I would have expected an INTJ to respond very differently and certainly not resort to sorting out rotas and pecking order in the first five minutes of a judgement day style crisis.

As for the other types, is every vicious person you know an ESTP or something? There seems to be just a slight bias there... just a little one....

Btw, Queen Liz an ENFP? Those are tea leaves in that cup aren't they? :thelook:

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I agree, especially Cleese and Chapman, but I'd be tempted to type Palin as some kind of NFP.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
If you're trying to type Pythons are you typing the men or the characters? The reason I ask is that with comedians it almost seems as if they are prone to appearing as their shadow type on stage. Consider Eric Morecambe, silly on stage.. seemingly unplanned but behind the scenes he was obsessed with practising... hard to type based on such diversity.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I would place Rimmer as ESTJ without a second thought. Competitive over silly things, the whole timetable, failing so many times and yet seems to have blind faith that eventually he will prove himself as the best.

I almost put ISTJ for Rimmer, and he definitely seems like a sensor in the earlier seasons. I concede............at least until I have eight hours sleep.

As for the other types, is every vicious person you know an ESTP or something? There seems to be just a slight bias there... just a little one....

I just assumed all sadists were ESTPs, that's all. :devil:

Btw, Queen Liz an ENFP? Those are tea leaves in that cup aren't they? :thelook:

I was going to put ESFP, but I was worried that I kept typing less intelligent characters as that.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I agree, especially Cleese and Chapman, but I'd be tempted to type Palin as some kind of NFP.

Maybe... He's a very close friend of Terry Jones, who is an unmistakable ENFP. And he greatly enjoyed acting for the sake of acting...
But he has written some of the most intellectual sketches (Remember he's a former Oxford's student), and view religion with a lot of pure cynicism. On the other hand, Jones seemed obsessed with "F" concepts like morality, but that wasn't his case...

Let's consider him as an ENxP, then! :D

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I almost put ISTJ for Rimmer, and he definitely seems like a sensor in the earlier seasons. I concede............at least until I have eight hours sleep.
I'm just thinking that what with Ace Rimmer being some sort of parallel to "Goal post head" himself that ESTJ was the best analogy.

It's probably tinged by the actor himself.. not sure what type he is though. Any takers on Chris Barrie's type?
I just assumed all sadists were ESTPs, that's all. :devil:
I would counter that ENTPs are quite the sadists themselves given chance.
I was going to put ESFP, but I was worried that I kept typing less intelligent characters as that.
Well I was thinking more that she's too happy to sacrifice those she knows and her profile would be an adolescent version anyway. Perhaps a T?
Maybe... He's a very close friend of Terry Jones, who is an unmistakable ENFP. And he greatly enjoyed acting for the sake of acting...
But he has written some of the most intellectual sketches (Remember he's a former Oxford's student), and view religion with a lot of pure cynicism. On the other hand, Jones seemed obsessed with "F" concepts like morality, but that wasn't his case...

Let's consider him as an ENxP, then! :D

I would have guessed at ENTP from what I've seen but I'm also tempted by ISFJ... The whole trip around the world doesn't seem very ENTP but there again if he's that worldly then his type is liable to be murky in definition because of development.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Out of all those shows I only know Blackadder, The Young Ones, and Red Dwarf. Oh and MP of course, everybody knows them. For those I knew, I think your types are right on, though.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
A small challenge (I've thought about this one but drawn no conclusions)

Yes, Minister/ Yes, Prime Minister.