• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Male Thinkers who are really Feelers in Disguise?

Sunny Ghost

I think that any guy that recognizes himself as a feeler is typically pretty comfortable with it and admit themselves to be emotional or value oriented. With the ones "in hiding," I think it's less hiding and more of an inability to recognize their own emotional side, perhaps due to upbringing. But the Fi males, for sure, that I know, are very comfortable with their feeling side. You know... I can't say I know too many Fe males.

There's also the whole, societal issue, of how a male should be... but that's varied as well. You have the, "Well men should be strong and unemotional..." or "men should kick other men's asses..." or "men should be rational..." train's of thought. As far as the former and that latter go, being brought up under those circumstances, one might restrain their emotions their entire life, as well as focus less on their own Fi or Fe of feeling judgment or caring for others. For the middle train of thought, maybe some don't recognize that desiring to kick other's asses as being emotional, but rather being strong, and confuse their emotions for proper way of thinking. IDK.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Feelers aren't called feelers because they feel more.

They are called feelers because they like puppies.

Sunny Ghost

heeeey.... what does that mean?

in regards to Fe males... i could see Fe males more so than Fi males as more incapable of recognizing their feeling side. but i'm only basing this on the fact that i've heard Fe's talk about how they don't identify who they are with their emotions in the way that Fi's do.

wolfy

awsm

wdog2.jpg

So very true.

CriminalMindz

MBTI Type
INTJ
the term 'male feelers' just sounds so darn homo to me.. :huh:

ummm you can spot a faker-thinker when the guy gets all sensitive for no reason. i know a couple SFP's who take things a little too personally...

i'd say, "why so serious? u mad?" and they would burst in frenzy and tell me to get lost. lol. or other feelers would try to shrug it off and forget it happened.. when they actually got hurt ( i would think so)

so yessss there are a bunch of these suckers everywhere. doesn't take long to figure out who's a true thinker and who's not.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I'm DEFINITELY a Feeler then :laugh:

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sure there are more male Fs than a person might think (female Ts too, for that matter) but that doesn't mean that they're necessarily hiding anything. A type will manifest differently depending on a number of different factors, one of which is gender. Take INFJs for instance. They're very clearly F types, but male INFJs often are more reliant on Ti than their female counterparts. I don't think that's necessarily cultural conditioning. Men and women are different. The four dichotomies simplify things too much. Just because a person's an F doesn't automatically mean they must be totally reliant on their feeling function. INFJs are often more "logical" than INTJs even, thanks to Ti. Balance is good. The tertiary and inferior should not be ignored.

CriminalMindz

MBTI Type
INTJ
let's not forget that T/F doesn't necessarily dictate how we behave, but rather how we make decisions with some degree of dependence on the three other criteria: our source of energy, how we acquire facts and our way of life.

male thinkers can disguise as feelers if they feel pressured to do so. for example when KDude asked me if he wants to suck my big dick then a perceiving thinker might have responded jokingly (tertiary Fe...) but in this case.. i'm not one to play with thus making me a judger and dismiss his crude humor

KDude

let's not forget that T/F doesn't necessarily dictate how we behave, but rather how we make decisions with some degree of dependence on the three other criteria: our source of energy, how we acquire facts and our way of life.

male thinkers can disguise as feelers if they feel pressured to do so. for example when KDude asked me if he wants to suck my big dick then a perceiving thinker might have responded jokingly (tertiary Fe...) but in this case.. i'm not one to play with thus making me a judger and dismiss his crude humor

I'm not being crude. I'm just showing you the inevitable conclusion of your own reasoning. It didn't seem like you were even dealing with the reality of "F". It's like you went straight to stereotypes. So I gave you your stereotype. He wants to suck your dick. Because like.. you're really manly in comparison and shit. Or something. :shrug:

On another note, you guys are more lost in fantasy than I am. The only thing Ni and Te does as far as people is kick you into a world of categorizing on a very remote and high level of... bullshit. I doubt you're even a "criminal mind". It's more bullshit. It's something you just want to identify with or watched in a lot of anime, and not something you've brought yourself to do yet. That's my stereotype. Although I do like the ones who know they're weird and don't even attempt fronting. And for the record, the only two people I can think of on this site who probably have lived up to your name are "feelers". Juice (ENFJ) and myself. And it's not because we were feelers. We just screwed up for a second.

KDude

I don't what it is about that question, but it's getting me really hot. :thinking:

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread is awesome.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think there are some certain instruments for male thinkers, which help you pretending to the world you aint feelerish:

FunnyFaces_011_ArschGesicht.jpg

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
my question was poorly written. I was not suggesting that men should be more emotional or irrational (this is a HUGE misunderstanding about Feelers, especially FPs. many of us are less emotional than most Ts). I just wish guys would be more open with their F side. for instance, being more romantic, appreciating art more, being more empathetic and being better with children and more openly affectionate. I know not all guys are good at all these things, but sometimes I feel like a freak being an NF male and I think there are a lot more male Fs out there than I'm seeing.

This is why I married my husband.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If we say that being F means to be more romantic and to be more supportive of woman, the logical consequence of this is that we dont need any T-types at all and eventually they may all die out.

Dont you think by saying that you'ld put a lot of unecessary evil on the shoulders of T-guys ?

I am way more romantic than my girlfriend, yet I am no F-guy because I could never work with people cause they dont intrest me that much. I rather like math and spaceships. My gf on the other hand is a nurse and does her job only for the people, yet she is dramatically less romantic than me, she even makes jokes about me. Nevertheless if you'ld look whose the woman in our relationship, you'ld see it's me and like my gf says she has choosen me as her man for the reason that I can understand her feelings and that I am that supportive guy she seeks for.

I dont think you are fair in favor of t-guys if you relay romanticism to being a F

KDude

I would give you the credit. I think ENTP needs more feedback than INFP, for one. I think you guys value outward expressions and verbalizing more, so why not create situations that reveal things like that more often. I can see Es doing that in general, but I don't think it's about F or T. We're all F or T on some level. You're Fe probably gives you enough of an "itch" to relay back to Ne-Ti and be creative and be expressive like that.

G

garbage

remember that one thread where everyone equated feeling with neuroticism? and by "that one thread" I mean this one