• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Motoko Kusanagi: INTJ or ENTJ
Batou: ESTP
Togusa: INFJ or ISFP
Aramaki: ISTJ
Tachikoma: ENTP
The Laughing Man: INTP

Any other thoughts for those who watch the series?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Agree with Tachikoma as ENTP, The Laughing Man as INTP, and Batou as ESTP.

Motoko Kusanagi: ISTP
Togusa: ISFJ
Aramaki: INTJ

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Why ISTP for the Major?

Because she's not Ni dominant. She's way too action-oriented and quick-thinking. She doesn't seem to plan things out at all, she just perceives the situation quickly and reacts. And ISTPs often look like INTJs on the surface. With her cyber brain, and tertiary Ni... that could explain why she sometimes seems INTJ.

The thing is, I can see Aramaki as an INTJ more easily, because he's always looking at the big picture, and sort of playing a chess game. He gets involved less, but he keeps his mind on the whole situation, not the details. In that one situation where he and a girl were held hostage, the way he planned his escape was VERY Ni. He takes that passive, detached role. Unlike the Major, who is always active and involved directly, focused on dealing with the situation at hand.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Athenian200
Because she's not Ni dominant. She's way too action-oriented and quick-thinking. She doesn't seem to plan things out at all, she just perceives the situation quickly and reacts. And ISTPs often look like INTJs on the surface. With her cyber brain, and tertiary Ni... that could explain why she sometimes seems INTJ.

Well, there are instances where she does seem to use Ni to a certain extent, although true. it could be tertiary. Looking at it that way ISTP actually makes much more sense.

The thing is, I can see Aramaki as an INTJ more easily, because he's always looking at the big picture, and sort of playing a chess game. He gets involved less, but he keeps his mind on the whole situation, not the details. In that one situation where he and a girl were held hostage, the way he planned his escape was VERY Ni. He takes that passive, detached role. Unlike the Major, who is always active and involved directly, focused on dealing with the situation at hand.

That's certainly true, as well as when section 9 becomes disbanded he formulates a plan on how to properly rescue them, so yeah INTJ makes more sense in that respect.

Forgot to ask, why is Togusa ISFJ? There were at least several times I saw Ni reasoning with him, when does he use Si?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, there are instances where she does seem to use Ni to a certain extent, although true. it could be tertiary. Looking at it that way ISTP actually makes much more sense.

That's certainly true, as well as when section 9 becomes disbanded he formulates a plan on how to properly rescue them, so yeah INTJ makes more sense in that respect.

Glad that you see it. I was worried I wouldn't make sense.
Forgot to ask, why is Togusa ISFJ? There were at least several times I saw Ni reasoning with him, when does he use Si?

Actually, my reasoning on him isn't as good. That was just my first impression, because he has a family and he seems more sensitive and traditional compared to everyone else. Also, he came from the police (an SJ occupation if I ever saw one), and did detective work, which would processing a lot of details.

But I was really just adding that to the list of ISFP and INFJ... I really think he could be any of those three types, I'm just certain he's IxFx.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Athenian200
Glad that you see it. I was worried I wouldn't make sense.

Thanks. Actually, looking at it now, ISTP fits her fairly excellently.

Actually, my reasoning on him isn't as good. That was just my first impression, because he has a family and he seems more sensitive and traditional compared to everyone else. Also, he came from the police (an SJ occupation if I ever saw one), and did detective work, which would processing a lot of details.

But I was really just adding that to the list of ISFP and INFJ... I really think he could be any of those three types, I'm just certain he's IxFx.

Could he perhaps be an SJ by definition of Kiersey types, and an SP by definition of MBTI? Because I do see him use Ni quite a lot slong with Se, but ultimately he's easily the most moral driven of the characters.

Also, I think Batou is ESFP. I don't see all that much in the way of Ti and he gets emotional quite easily.