• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Clapton/Hendrix

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think of both and/or either as sp/so e54 intps.

Discuss.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That's what people've been saying for years. Not possible.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Then again, shoot, what makes you think isfp?

I think that since both are so clearly sp/so, it's difficult to picture e9. e4's out of the question presumably.

S. Ray Vaughan: still am not convinced of isfp at all. sp/sx e54 intp. That Jack White guy too.

KDude

Jimi could be INTP..I won't argue against it. I don't know enough about Clapton or Jack White. As for SRV, he seems more ESFP to me than anything, with ISFP a possibility. I don't know where you see INTP.. that seems like the opposite to me. He was kind of a vivacious, outgoing guy (and I don't necessarily mean in style per se.. Hendrix was like that too. I'm just talking about his personality.). He never really promoted a sense of overt technicality in his playing either.. he talked in a more aesthetic feeler sense, where he composed from bits and pieces of riffs and influences. Then again, that could be my own bias speaking there.. I play the guitar the same way, and I find that Ti types like to nerd out a bit more on theory. Even when they're ISTPs.. Keith Richards, for example, refers to guitars as machines that he "wants to figure out". INTP would find fascination from a kind of problem solving aesthetic as well. Lastly, if you watch SRV and his brother in the same room during interviews, you'll find he isn't nearly as lowkey.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
And just why is it not possible?

As explained/hinted at above, surface placidity's common in sp/so 5s, which can easily lead to being mistyped as a 9.

However (and I'm no fanboy), I think there's an underlying aggression, tenacity, a moving away from others powered by a strong need for space that's best characterized by sp/so e5. Sure, they could be 9s, but I'd like someone well-versed to convince me otherwise. Until then, I think this is the best estimate.

Probably just the superego-ego axis that's throwing people off.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Jimi could be INTP..I won't argue against it. I don't know enough about Clapton or Jack White. As for SRV, he seems more ESFP to me than anything, with ISFP a possibility. I don't know where you see INTP.. that seems like the opposite to me. He was kind of a vivacious, outgoing guy (and I don't necessarily mean in style per se.. Hendrix was like that too. I'm just talking about his personality.). He never really promoted a sense of overt technicality in his playing either.. he talked in a more aesthetic feeler sense, where he composed from bits and pieces of riffs and influences. Then again, that could be my own bias speaking there.. I play the guitar the same way, and I find that Ti types like to nerd out a bit more on theory. Even when they're ISTPs.. Keith Richards, for example, refers to guitars as machines that he "wants to figure out". INTP would find fascination from a kind of problem solving aesthetic as well. Lastly, if you watch SRV and his brother in the same room during interviews, you'll find he isn't nearly as lowkey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPS4dyk6v7Q&feature=related

esfp's interesting. From a non-player's standpoint, he seems to drive it home for far longer than an sfp might. The shadow that his hat casts over his face, bare, metallic, however driving sound, nice clothing all lead me to sp/sx intp 5. Ask orangeappled about how sp/sx individuals need to express themselves with their possessions.