• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alice in Wonderland

Offog

MBTI Type
INTP
Watching the movie now. Alice seems INFP. That scene in the carriage was pure Fi. "A corset is a codfish" my ass. INTP would not try to pass that off as a reason for anything. Also, INTP would have just put on the stupid corset so as not to be hassled about it.

Not impressed with the plot so far. Burton's grafted on a ridiculous hero's journey just so Alice can be the chosen one and purify Underland yay. Also, the movie keeps quoting bits of the books out of context. This is distracting because it reminds us of what they meant in their old context, annoying because they don't mean anything in their new context, and obnoxious because it reminds us of something better we could be doing with our time.

KDude

Watching the movie now. Alice seems INFP. That scene in the carriage was pure Fi. "A corset is a codfish" my ass.

Hah.. I think it's perfectly clear reasoning and one I've used dozens of times. :coffee: I'll take your word that Ti may not think that way though.. interesting point.

Offog

MBTI Type
INTP
It isn't reasoning at all; it's pure value-statement. How is a corset like a codfish? Answer: Alice doesn't want to wear either one. Presumably she feels the same about the raven and the writing-desk.

Incidentally, a corset was actually a practical and healthy item of clothing, provided one didn't try to tight-lace it, which admittedly was quite common. It improved the posture and provided support to the back. Modern high-heeled shoes, on the other hand ...

Not that that has anything to do with the movie. I have finished the movie, and can report that it never got any better, but remained pretty throughout. Two things, though. (spoilers)

1. I hated the pasty white witch. "Ooh, I can't fight the Jabberwock because of my, uh, vows, but I can manipulate you into doing it for me. You're not wondering where that oraculum came from, are you? Good."

2. The idea of Alice sailing off to subjugate the heathen chinee is very very strange. :shock: Kipling would approve. Twain would not. Why is this in the movie?

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Incidentally, a corset was actually a practical and healthy item of clothing, provided one didn't try to tight-lace it, which admittedly was quite common. It improved the posture and provided support to the back. Modern high-heeled shoes, on the other hand ...

This made me giggle, so very true.