• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Simpsons Characters

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
bart was listed as an ESTP... and it sounds about right, with the occasional ENTP episodes.
lisa has being written in several forms throughout the series, ranging from an INFP to INFJ with the occasional INTP.
marge seems like an ENFJ in episodes that focus about her, while an ISFJ in most other episodes.

Cartoon characters' personalities vary by episode? How is this possible?

S

Society

Cartoon characters' personalities vary by episode? How is this possible?
i know right? the horror! it's like the they have more then one script writer putting ideas for what the characters should do and say! like, some team of sort, where throughout over 2 decades people have being hired into and left from, all while having to figure out new things to do with the characters so it won't be an endless repeat of previous episodes... its an abomination! ;)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
a few I disagree with
Principle Skinner: 6w5 sp/so (he has a rather david letterman-ish vibe)

Well, no. Skinner has zero humor and is far more angry than David L.

David Letterman said:
Nothing, believe me, nothing is more satisfying to me personally than getting a great idea and then beatin' it to death."

That's not Skinner at all.

Groundskeeper Willie: 6w7 sx/so (he seems more w7 than w5)

Willie has not the versatile, glamorous and versatile vibe of the 6w7 Sx/So. He is a loudmouth drunkard, frugal, who skeep the ground. Sort of anime version of Charles Bukowski.

Bart: 7w8 so/sp

Not w8. He has no anger.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Homer: ESFP 7w6 So/Sx
Marge: ISFJ 9w1 Sp/So
Bart: ESTP 7w6 So/Sp
Lisa: ENFJ 3w4 So/Sp

Smithers: ISFJ 2w1 So/Sp
Flanders: ESFJ 2w1 So/Sp
Comic book guy: INTP 5w6 Sp/So
Martin: INTJ 5w6 So/Sp
Burns: INTJ 5w6 So/Sx
Moe: ISFP 6w5 So/Sx
Groundskeeper Willie: ISTP 6w5 Sx/So
Millhouse: INFP 6w7 Sp/So
Jimbo: ISTP 7w8 Sp/Sx
Krusty the Clown: ESTP 7w8 So/Sx
Nelson: ESTJ 8w7 Sp/So
Superintendant Chalmer: ESTJ 8w9 Sp/So
Principal Skinner: ISTJ 1w9 So/Sp

Also,

Sideshow Bob: INTJ 1w2 So/Sp

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sideshow Bob: INTJ 1w2 So/Sp

Sideshow Bob, the homicidal maniac who's sole obsession is the hellbent revenge killing of Bart, a 1w2 so/sp aka social reformer archtype? :thelook:

I think he's INTJ 8w9 sx/so

EDIT: yay post 2800!

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sideshow Bob, the homicidal maniac who's sole obsession is the hellbent revenge killing of Bart, a 1w2 so/sp aka social reformer archtype? :thelook:

1s are not necessary social reformer. That's bullshit.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1s are not necessary social reformer. That's bullshit.

But they are certainly composed moralists with a strong sense of right and wrong. Sideshow Bob is a sociopath who framed Krusty simply for the sake of stealing his show, and every episode afterwards is spent devising a sheme to murder Bart (the only time he changes this pattern is upon becoming mayor of a town in Italy, which of course doesn't last long). If that isn't a clear indication of 8w9, then the only 1 typing I could see him as would be 1w9 sx/so; he doesn't really seem so first at all, rather his obsessive persuits strike me more as sx first.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But they are certainly composed moralists with a strong sense of right and wrong. Sideshow Bob is a sociopath

who framed Krusty simply for the sake of stealing his show,

Which means that he has a strong sense of right and wrong: Krusty did a wrong thing stealing his show, so he wants to punish him. But actually, he don't behave like sociopath who is always excessive and don't care about rules: he's actually rather calm, polite and composed and consider himself as a republican conservative who respects the etiquette and the rules of society: he's visibly angry but say he's not angry (as opposed to 8 who is proud of his anger and shows it delibaretly) and is just doing things right. So he is a 1.

then the only 1 typing I could see him as would be 1w9 sx/so; he doesn't really seem so first at all, rather his obsessive persuits strike me more as sx first.

Every 1 tend to be obsessive-compulsives. And Sideshow Bob is not Sexual at all. Not intimacy driven or sensual.

soc/sp: Tangential. Lots of details and analysis. Very in-their-head and intellectual, and lacks sensuality. Comes across as level-headed and unspontaneous, but also with personal warmth. Their written works often require a great deal of mental concentration from the readers.

That's him.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mr. Burns: INTJ 8w9 sp/so

Typical power hungry mastermind tyrant, no further explanation needed here.

Mr. Smithers: ESFJ 2w1 sx/so

He's more so an Fe dom; very concerned with the external validation of his idol Mr. Burns, Smithers sees himself externally as Burn's assitance and seems to derive his sense of moral from him. Smithers also gives Burns ideas to certain problems on occasion (when he's not giving tradtional advice; Si), which is an indication of tert Ne. I'd say sx varient simply because of his sheer devotion and infatuation with Burns.

Principal Skinner: ESTJ 1w9 so/sp

I see little Fi in Skinner at all, at times though he seems to use Ne when it counts.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mr. Burns: INTJ 8w9 sp/so

Typical power hungry mastermind tyrant, no further explanation needed here.

Burn is NOT on the gut triad, he is NOT an instinctive and physical person like 8s are, and someone who wants power is NOT necessary an 8. He is a 5w6 So/Sx, 8 is his point of confortn he's not a true 8.

Mr. Smithers: ESFJ 2w1 sx/so

He's more so an Fe dom; very concerned with the external validation of his idol Mr. Burns, Smithers sees himself externally as Burn's assitance and seems to derive his sense of moral from him. Smithers also gives Burns ideas to certain problems on occasion (when he's not giving tradtional advice; Si), which is an indication of tert Ne. I'd say sx varient simply because of his sheer devotion and infatuation with Burns.

ISFJ and So/Sp: routine bonds, not talkative.

Principal Skinner: ESTJ 1w9 so/sp
I see little Fi in Skinner at all, at times though he seems to use Ne when it counts.

An extrovert? Lol.

Pure ISTJ.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But Smithers never acts or display his feelings, he's boring, bland and a doormat.

And the reason Sideshow Bob frames Krusty for robbery is because Krusty abused him on the show, and probably partly because he loathed that form of entertainment. When the show became his he abandoned the comedy and read Shakespeare or something like that for the kids.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Which means that he has a strong sense of right and wrong: Krusty did a wrong thing stealing his show, so he wants to punish him. But actually, he don't behave like sociopath who is always excessive and don't care about rules: he's actually rather calm, polite and composed and consider himself as a republican conservative who respects the etiquette and the rules of society: he's visibly angry but say he's not angry (as opposed to 8 who is proud of his anger and shows it delibaretly) and is just doing things right. So he is a 1.

I think I may have worded that poorly; I meant to say that Sideshow Bob framed Krusty as a means of taking the show for himself, not that it was ever his show to begin with. That level of narcissistic thievery doesn't strike me as a one motivation (rather a one would only do what Sideshow Bob did if he felt some sort of just reason for doing so). Also, his composed demenaor doesn't mean he has to be 1 perse, rather it indicates a 9 wing. Although when Ithink about it, his calmness is onlt active sometimes, other times he's clearly showing how angry he is by mean of maniacal laughter or chasing after part with a knife. Also, what kind of conservative who respects the rules of society constantly attempts to murder a 10 year old boy often by means of subtle manipulation? In fact, IIRC, the episode with him running fro political office in Springfield was just another scheme to try and kill Bart.

Every 1 tend to be obsessive-compulsives. And Sideshow Bob is not Sexual at all. Not intimacy driven or sensual.

There's no way he's So 1 though; an So 1 wouldn't attemp murder for such a personal and petty reason, not at least without trying to justify their actions as being right (of which Bob never does, he straight up knows he's evil). Being sx first doesn't mean always having to be an intimate person, rather it's more of an intense connection to someone or something, whether it be a relationship with a loved one, or a fixation on hated enemy; the passionate intensity is there.

That's him.

I'm inclined to disagree.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Burn is NOT on the gut triad, he is NOT an instinctive and physical person like 8s are, and someone who wants power is NOT necessary an 8. He is a 5w6 So/Sx, 8 is his point of confortn he's not a true 8.

I beleive I mad a similar argument of 8 and 5 in regard to Emperor Palpatine in another thread, so I'll decline on this argument.

ISFJ and So/Sp: routine bonds, not talkative.

No way in fucking hell is Smithers sx last. The guy is head-over-heels for Burns and would do anything for him. I've noticed that you seem to keep equating the instinctual varients with behaviors even though they're suppose to be rooted in areas of fixation.

An extrovert? Lol.

Pure ISTJ.

I no longer define the E/I dichotomy based on the conventional definition of extrovert/introvert, rather I define it on being esxternally focused of the outer world vs. internally focused of ones old world. Thus you can have an 'extroverted' ISTJ and 'introverted 'ESTJ'. And even if you disagree with me, Skinner does seem for the most part, reasonably outgoing in a subtle manner.

But I'm still holding to my argument of him having little Fi. He's actually an uncaring asshole sometimes because of it.

But Smithers never acts or display his feelings, he's boring, bland and a doormat.

So? Being an Fe dom doesn't mean displaying outward acts of emotions. Fe doms can be boring bland doormats.

And the reason Sideshow Bob frames Krusty for robbery is because Krusty abused him on the show, and probably partly because he loathed that form of entertainment. When the show became his he abandoned the comedy and read Shakespeare or something like that for the kids.

That actually begs the question, why didn't he just quit the show?

Perhaps he may be 1, he does seem to possess a great level of sophistication and well cultured demeanor.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So? Being an Fe dom doesn't mean displaying outward acts of emotions. Fe doms can be boring bland doormats.
But sx doms rarely are. He's not intense, aggressive, passionate, anything. He seems content courting Burns with his services but never goes beyond that.

That actually begs the question, why didn't he just quit the show?

Perhaps he may be 1, he does seem to possess a great level of sophistication and well cultured demeanor.
I don't know what his type is, I just rejected what you said about him being a sociopath.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But sx doms rarely are. He's not intense, aggressive, passionate, anything. He seems content courting Burns with his services but never goes beyond that.

In that regard, he's probably be so/sx then.

I don't know what his type is, I just rejected what you said about him being a sociopath.

I meant sociopath in the loose general terms, not the technical term.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've noticed that you seem to keep equating the instinctual varients with behaviors even though they're suppose to be rooted in areas of fixation.

Exactly! He keeps saying I'm not an Sx-dominant because I'm not blunt, bold, aggressive, risk-taking, assertive, confident, or counterphobic! Those are just commonly expressed behaviors of Sx-dominant 6's, but that doesn't make it true of all of them. My area of fixation is in the Sx realm.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Exactly! He keeps saying I'm not an Sx-dominant because I'm not blunt, bold, aggressive, risk-taking, assertive, confident, or counterphobic! Those are just commonly expressed behaviors of Sx-dominant 6's, but that doesn't make it true of all of them. My area of fixation is in the Sx realm.

Agreed in my case also. The description of the Sx doesn't state anything about behaviors. For example, "The need for independence and emotional expression. The sexual/self-pres subtype differs however in being more intense, more counterphobic. They entertain more dark nihilistic ideas, ideas that most others don’t want to consider," does not describe any behaviors.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In that regard, he's probably be so/sx then.

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

]
Agreed in my case also. The description of the Sx doesn't state anything about behaviors. For example, "The need for independence and emotional expression. The sexual/self-pres subtype differs however in being more intense, more counterphobic. They entertain more dark nihilistic ideas, ideas that most others don’t want to consider," does not describe any behaviors.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lisa is often type as INFJ and 3w4; however this typing is wrong, due to the fact that most people suck at typing. If anyone has an argument for the currently most popular typing, I want to hear it.

I recently just watched a couple of episodes that focused on Lisa; one where she becomes a vegetarian, and the other where she becomes a Buddhist. In both these episodes she demonstrates a crap ton of Fi, with some Ne; she's an INFP. Also, I think she's 1w2, not 3w4.