• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

George Harrison, INTP?

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Some MBTI sites type George Harrison as an INTP. But, as I'm listening to End of the Line by the Traveling Wilburys I can't help but think he wasn't an INTP. So what type was he?

All I know is he was definitely an Introvert of some sort.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say your guess is quite good, of maybe INFP. I think John Lennon was more of an INTP.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Surely some kind of NF - Idealistic, Mystical. I'd say INFP.

John Lennon - NT
Ringo Starr - SP
Sir Paul McCartney - SJ. Can you imagine Lennon ever being knighted?

Jae Rae

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Surely some kind of NF - Idealistic, Mystical. I'd say INFP.

John Lennon - NT
Ringo Starr - SP
Sir Paul McCartney - SJ. Can you imagine Lennon ever being knighted?

Jae Rae

McCartney an SJ? Hmm ...

Perhaps a very extroverted ISFJ?

Otherwise I agree 100%

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think the temperaments work with The Beatles.

Pal McCartney is likely an ESFP. Ringo is probably an ISTP.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I laughed so hard I couldn't breath. Everyone over 18 should watch this clip, it's hysterical: YouTube - Super fast boat

As you no doubt surmised I'm alt-tabbing b/w you tube and this forum..

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think the temperaments work with The Beatles.

Pal McCartney is likely an ESFP. Ringo is probably an ISTP.

I completly agree that Paul is ESFP. That's exactly what I thought he was. I don't know about Ringo.

On the topic's point, George is not an INTP. For one thing, I'm almost sure he's an F. He might even be an INFJ, but INFP does sound like a good guess.

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
I completly agree that Paul is ESFP. That's exactly what I thought he was. I don't know about Ringo.

On the topic's point, George is not an INTP. For one thing, I'm almost sure he's an F. He might even be an INFJ, but INFP does sound like a good guess.

Naturally I can't support the following statement:

I don't think any famous musicians are Js.

There I said it, ready your flame throwers.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
He seemed pretty spiritual ("my sweet lord") and more warm than logical. I'd guess INFX or ISFX. My bias is that with long hair he was a P, but that was the style back then. John was the INTP of the group.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
J Musicians and Composers

Naturally I can't support the following statement:

I don't think any famous musicians are Js.

There I said it, ready your flame throwers.

Of possible interest:

Which Myers-Briggs Types Become Musicians and Composers?

-The data from one research study show a definite pattern in those who choose these professions.

[All] types were represented in the sample of 136 people.

The largest group in this sample was ENFPs, with around 17%. It's not surprising. Many artistic people are Feelers, particularly Intuitive Feelers. The second largest group was ENFJs at 11%, while INFPs made up 9.6% of the sample.

The smallest groups were ISFPs, with about 1.5%, and ESTPs and ISTPs, both with 2.2%.

Some interesting patterns emerge from these data. Surprisingly, Extraverts outnumbered Introverts 60% to 40%. Intuitives were more common than Sensors, 65% to 35%, Feelers over Thinkers 63% to 37%, and Judgers more than Perceivers 52% to 48%. Again, while ENFPs were the largest group, the sample was slightly slanted towards ENFJ.

The subgroups are also interesting. Intuitive Feelers made up 42% of the total, while Sensor Thinkers were about 13%. Extraverted Feelers came in at 43%, while Extraverted Thinkers were 18% of the sample. Extraverted Intuitives were about 38%, and Introverted Sensors close to 12%. In each of these examples, the combinations were the highest and lowest in the pairings.

Jae Rae

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Of possible interest:

Which Myers-Briggs Types Become Musicians and Composers?

-The data from one research study show a definite pattern in those who choose these professions.

[All] types were represented in the sample of 136 people.

The largest group in this sample was ENFPs, with around 17%. It's not surprising. Many artistic people are Feelers, particularly Intuitive Feelers. The second largest group was ENFJs at 11%, while INFPs made up 9.6% of the sample.

The smallest groups were ISFPs, with about 1.5%, and ESTPs and ISTPs, both with 2.2%.

Some interesting patterns emerge from these data. Surprisingly, Extraverts outnumbered Introverts 60% to 40%. Intuitives were more common than Sensors, 65% to 35%, Feelers over Thinkers 63% to 37%, and Judgers more than Perceivers 52% to 48%. Again, while ENFPs were the largest group, the sample was slightly slanted towards ENFJ.

The subgroups are also interesting. Intuitive Feelers made up 42% of the total, while Sensor Thinkers were about 13%. Extraverted Feelers came in at 43%, while Extraverted Thinkers were 18% of the sample. Extraverted Intuitives were about 38%, and Introverted Sensors close to 12%. In each of these examples, the combinations were the highest and lowest in the pairings.

Jae Rae

I can't explain why but your post makes sense. Hmm ... to write music requires originality and creativity. SPs (myself included) although skillful don't necessarily create original works. That is the domain of the intuitive.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
I can't explain why but your post makes sense. Hmm ... to write music requires originality and creativity. SPs (myself included) although skillful don't necessarily create original works. That is the domain of the intuitive.

At least one site lists Benny Goodman as an ENTJ.

Jae Rae

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
Although I know that name I am not familiar with his work.:cry:

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Jazz clarinetist.

Some type Beethoven as either INTJ or INFJ.

From your other thread - Tony Bennett seems like an F. Can't guess beyond that.

Jae Rae

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Beatles MBTI

Why do you guys place Lennon as an introvert? McCartney stated on numerous occasions that in their early days they always considered Lennon to be "the leader." My guesses for each Beatle:

John: ENTP
Paul: ESFP
George: INFJ
Ringo: ISFP

And by the way, plenty of famous musicians are Js. Rivers Cuomo of Weezer is a consummate INTJ; James Hetfield of Metallica is likely ExTJ.

There are plenty more, too...

Thom Yorke of Radiohead - INFJ
Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins - ENTJ (hardcore, too!)
Robert Fripp of King Crimson - INTJ
Dirk Lance, formerly of Incubus - INTJ
Kim Deal, formerly of the Pixies - ENFJ

The list goes on. "No famous musicians are Js" is a pretty silly generalization. =P

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
My off the wall the guesses that I pulled out of my ass:

Lennon - ENFP
McCartney - ISFP
Harrison - INFP
Ringo - ESTP

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Note: A Mod should probably change the thread title to The Beatles or something.

I'm not a Beatles fan, and I've hardly become familiar with any of them aside from Lennon, who I would snap-type as ENFJ, based on his off-stage behavior and speech.