• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

George Harrison, INTP?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I thought you seriously believed GH was an INFJ. Now I get it--you were just an ENTP arguing a POV you know to be incorrect. My bad.

I do seriously believe George Harrison was an INFJ.

I don't, however, seriously believe any of your poor attempts to convince me otherwise, considering all you've done thus far is contradict me and paste a ton of interview quotes.

How about some, I dunno, original content?

Is that too much to ask?

Fecal McAngry

I do seriously believe George Harrison was an INFJ.

I don't, however, seriously believe any of your poor attempts to convince me otherwise, considering all you've done thus far is contradict me and paste a ton of interview quotes.

How about some, I dunno, original content?

Is that too much to ask?
You mean you you read the interview above and you actually don't see that George's primary extroverted function is Se?

I don't believe that. You are not that stupid.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You mean you you read the interview above and you actually don't see that George's primary extroverted function is Se?

I don't believe that. You are not that stupid.

I did read the interview, and I don't see very much Se. I suspect you've mistaken the fact that he recalls a lot of details for Se, but he did that largely because that's what the interviewer was asking him for.

In the interest of showing me just how stupid I am, why don't you point out some instances in the interview that you think are representative of an Se value system and explain why, instead of just pasting and declaring that you're right?

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Interesting Interview!

I don't know that much about the beatles but the interview definatly screamed N and Ti analysis. His view on drugs is very similar to John the chillis guitarist whos weird surname I can't recall. A sort of yeah it was shit at times but I learnt so much it was worth it view.

Fecal McAngry

I did read the interview, and I don't see very much Se. I suspect you've mistaken the fact that he recalls a lot of details for Se, but he did that largely because that's what the interviewer was asking him for.

In the interest of showing me just how stupid I am, why don't you point out some instances in the interview that you think are representative of an Se value system and explain why, instead of just pasting and declaring that you're right?
I will when I have time. For now, re-read the info on INFJ or INFP? a closer look labeled "Your Preferred Communication Style" and then read this interview with Paula Cole, who is an actual INFJ. You will notice that the contrast between Se and Fe is night/day:

Who on earth is Paula Cole? | Interview | Find Articles at BNET

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think both of you are hilarious because you both think you can read an interview and identify what function the person is using in each thing they say. Why do we have scientists working on cures for diseases and all this new technology and stuff when we have sim and Fecal, who are clearly the greatest geniouses to walk the Earth!

Fecal McAngry

I think both of you are hilarious because you both think you can read an interview and identify what function the person is using in each thing they say. Why do we have scientists working on cures for diseases and all this new technology and stuff when we have sim and Fecal, who are clearly the greatest geniouses to walk the Earth!
Did you read the link in question?

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Fair point, except for the part about Fecal being a genius. :yes:

Fecal McAngry

Which one?

Go to INFJ or INFP? a closer look

Go down to Your Preferred Communication Style and read the link in its entirety.

While the link in question contrasts INFPs with INFJs, you can substitute "ISFP" for "INFP" in the text in question.

All types communicate in very distinctive styles, or forms. The forms by which INFJs communicate are directive; the forms by which IFPs communicate are informative.

This is a very well-known and researched feature of MBTI theory.

Once you become familiar with what these forms look like--and it isn't rocket science, it's just pattern recognition--you can easily read an sufficiently long interview with someone like George Harrison (or Bob Dylan or John Lennon) and go "Oh, this person prefers an informative communication style. Therefore, he can't be an INFJ."

When you start doing this it can be complex. Imagine using a flow-chart to determine whether an animal is a cat or a fox. When you get more experienced and adept at this it's really easy.

Fecal McAngry

Being smart helps. But most of my skill comes from knowing what I'm doing. There's a wonderful story about INFP Sean Penn. In the first play he did, he was awful, and his mother, also an actor (Eileen Ryan), came up to him afterward and told him he was awful and encouraged Sean to pursue a different line of work. And Sean wasn't broken by that experience, he joined a very intensive acting class taught by the late great Peggy Feury, fully committed himself to the process of learning and soon he was doing really, really good work on stage and then films...

Sean's comment on his brutal introduction to acting was something like "I saw that acting was a craft and I wanted to get a handle on that craft."

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

:laugh:

Go down to Your Preferred Communication Style and read the link in its entirety.

While the link in question contrasts INFPs with INFJs, you can substitute "ISFP" for "INFP" in the text in question.

All types communicate in very distinctive styles, or forms. The forms by which INFJs communicate are directive; the forms by which IFPs communicate are informative.

Once you become familiar with what these forms look like--and it isn't rocket science, it's just pattern recognition--you can easily read an sufficiently long interview with someone like George Harrison (or Bob Dylan or John Lennon) and go "Oh, this person prefers an informative communication style. Therefore, he can't be an INFJ."

When you start doing this it can be complex. Imagine using a flow-chart to determine whether an animal is a cat or a fox. When you get more experienced and adept at this it's really easy.

See, i think you just debunked your point, because you claim to be INFP, yet your post was totally directive. :newwink:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Wow, really? What other basics of typology can you teach me? I have no idea what any of these letters mean; I'm just randomly stringing them together.

I'm awfully glad someone as talented and experienced as you is here to save me from the throes of ignorance, though! :hug:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Man, you've gotta teach me this simple contradiction tactic too--it's nothing short of brilliant!

Fecal McAngry

Wow, really? What other basics of typology can you teach me? I have no idea what any of these letters mean; I'm just randomly stringing them together.

I'm awfully glad someone as talented and experienced as you is here to save me from the throes of ignorance, though! :hug:
You're welcome. As I said previously, once this become a question of wanting to learn rather than wanting to win a pissing contest, there is a great deal you can learn, and I will be happy to help.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're welcome. As I said previously, once this become a question of wanting to learn rather than wanting to win a pissing contest, there is a great deal you can learn, and I will be happy to help.

Well you see, the "F" in INFJ stands for "Feeling", meaning this person prefers the Feeling process to its opposite, "Thinking", which is designated by a "T."

You can find some other basic information here:

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let me know when you're ready to learn more. It can be discouraging at first, but don't worry--self-described authorities like me are here to hold your hand through the process of saving yourself from destitute ignorance.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Man, you've gotta teach me this simple contradiction tactic too--it's nothing short of brilliant!

No, it's not.

You are clearly extraverting Zi in this post.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Shit. I'm never going to learn this, am I? :cry: