• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type do you think a majority of mafia/mobsters would be?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'm thinking mostly like Italian mafia, those that are real family related, like Al Capone.

Would a majority of them be ISTJs you think, maybe ESTJ?

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Probably a couple of them, and I could see ISTP and ESTP too.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Depends on what the Mafia member does.

The fat mob boss who eats spaghetti at the same Italian restaurant in the same corner to observe everything going around him is likely an ESTJ. Same goes to the fat mob boss who always sits at the end of the table during Sunday dinners.

His wife, who routinely slaps the children with the spatula during supper time for speaking ill of the family, is likely an ESFJ.

Finally, the contract hitman is likely an ISTP.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
Definitely a mix of SP & SJs in the ranks, maybe NTJs at the top; calling the shots. ENTJs esp. I could see at the top of the mob food chain.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My guess is that there are quite a few ENTP's in there. ;)

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't know about the very top guys, but overall I think you'd find just about every type in the mob except for NF's.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
I think that alot of INTJs would take place as high positions in mob.

And personally I could easily some NFs in the infrastructure of a powerful mob like organisation. I myself am very fond of the idea of being part of such an organisation as probably an enforcer or hit man of some sort.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I would think NTJs at the top followed by SJs, with SPs at the bottom. Not necessarily because of simple ability, but because of roles. I think SPs would be more willing to do the broad daylight, dirty work, without fear of consequence...and the NTJs would trust the SJs enough to run things in the middle without stepping their bounds. I think NFs would be much more likely to be associates or contractors.

drawing a distinction, of course, between organized crime with a violence monopoly vs. organized crime that only focuses on drugs

B

ByMySword

I think NFs would be much more likely to be associates or contractors.

I feel I must disagree with you on this. I don't see NFs as mere associates or contractors because there is no greater cause for it other than wealth (which I want, don't get me wrong). It doesn't have that idealistic appeal. Plus, INFJs (in my case) are known for not being led easily. From what I understand about my type, I could see NF's as so idealistic, that they would make good Underbosses, capable of keeping people inspired to keep working for the organization. So I would have to agree with Hexis.

Although I see what you are saying about INFJs. Many times, we are about "justice". Also, INFJs won't care about personal glory or political power (even though politics are where many of us thrive, go figure). As for myself, I care about both. LOL. But I also care about the cause. So an organization that has the mentality of a type of Brotherhood organization is appealing to me. At the same time, it promises personal glory and power.

So in my mind, I'm killing two birds with one stone. Once I have the personal glory and power, this will allow me to inspire (or influence) others for the cause (whatever that may be). It all depends on the individual and where their idealism leans toward. It would also depend on the individual's definition of "justice". INFJs are very vengeful. This fits perfectly into this type of lifestyle, in my opinion. Personally, I feel like Hexis. This type of organization is very appealing.

Last edited:

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know about the very top guys, but overall I think you'd find just about every type in the mob except for NF's.

What about the priests that grant the mobsters forgiveness? I'm sure they could be NFs!

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
NFs are capable of making up and following unconventional moral codes for themselves. If loyalty to their literal and/or figurative family happens to be one of their more important values, then it would be possible to justify any number of conventionally immoral things. It might be a lesser of two evils justification, but it would be enough justification to act. If vengeance was involved, so much the easier.

Why do people always think we are nice? I mean, I know we are, but to the same degree we can be nice, we can swing around and be mean.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
NFs are capable of making up and following unconventional moral codes for themselves. If loyalty to their literal and/or figurative family happens to be one of their more important values, then it would be possible to justify any number of conventionally immoral things. It might be a lesser of two evils justification, but it would be enough justification to act. If vengeance was involved, so much the easier.

Why do people always think we are nice? I mean, I know we are, but to the same degree we can be nice, we can swing around and be mean.

Well there is a difference between being nice and being unethical. But I can see your point about accepting the lesser of two evils. I could imagine an NF being part of a mob if they thought it lead to some type of greater good. (Also I could see exceptionally unhealthy NF's as part of the mob too.)

B

ByMySword

I know! I'm a complete asshole!!! And I am proud to proclaim it! It's taken me awhile to get this way, but I finally achieved my goal. I used to be too nice. That's the OCD in me. I'm either gonna be an angel or the Devil himself.:devil: Its really hard for me personally to find a happy medium, but I try my best to do so. LOL.

Anyway, Meta brought something up to me on IM. We agree that INFJs, being the counselors, would make perfect consiglieres! This is pretty much the same thing as an Underboss in actual organized crime syndicates. But its one that I think people would understand better because of Hollywood. Its cool, because that is what I've always wanted to be in the mob. That or a hitman. Oh well, I'm a man of multiple talents. Let's shoot for both!!! LMFAO!!! :nice:

disTant_eCHo

MBTI Type
INTP
I am INTP and I could see myself being a consiglieri-type, and depending on the situation or my comfort level with the boss, probably the consiglieri himself. I say this because I've been in situations before, even recently, where I had to give advice to somebody in charge and I can come to a logical decision with relative ease, approaching the problem from directions that others wouldn't have thought to.

Part of the consiglieri's task is to represent the family from the legitimate sector as well as the illegitimate aspect of the family business. For this reason, I would probably not make a good consiglieri as my people skills aren't very well developed; I simply don't care enough to develop them. The consiglieri's job is more than just advising, like I said.. he's the official face of the family. He is often the go-between with other heads of family. Example: The Don Stracci might have business with Don Corleone, so he is going to contact Tom Hagen, Corleone's consiglieri. Tom Hagen is going to go through everything in his head, why he's being contacted, how this could work against his boss, what the Stracci family has to gain by whatever their proposal was, ect. ect., and present this to his boss in a fashion that would most benefit him. Such is the way of an INTP. INTPs make good attorneys also, which is a definately plus for a consiglieri.

I wouldn't make much of an enforcer as we don't tend to get violent or angry very easily unless our firmest beliefs are infringed upon.. simply having a boss approach me and say "Hey, go whack this fella'," isn't going to motivate me very much to go and do it. Not only that, but INTPs don't like to be leaders or followers. As for the head of a family, I would probably be more like a Michael Corleone boss than another, secluding myself to the ones I know and not trying to bring in fresh blood to replace those that we lose.. and for that reason my family would fall much like his did. I would only want to deal with people I'm comfortable with being around, and in a business like that, you need to be comfortable around a lot of strangers.

Benny

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
If you've read any organized crime books, particularly one's that are based on true stories, like "Wiseguy", or "Donnie Brasco", it is clear that the majority are SJ's. With the hierarchy and strict rules that must be obeyed and enforced, its a typical environment for SJ's. Obviously with the exception of the wives, most are probably STJ's. Not to say that there aren't other types of course. The SP's are usually associate's who naturally are unwilling to make a commitment to one family. ESTP's however, stand out in the books. There's always one or two either power hungry psychopaths, or maybe the lucky/scary/ruthless one's who actually made it to the top. As far as NT's and NF's... I've never read any mob book with a character that made me think of either. Donnie Brasco himself comes to mind as a possible ENTJ, but he was an undercover FBI agent.

Sol_

MBTI Type
ESTJ
ESTP, maybe is the most common type among gangsters-robbers/killers/racketeers.