• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Degrassi (all generations) and type

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sooo... we have some new characters.

Maya is the only one I have a guess for so far. From her first two episodes, she seems ISFP to me.

MBTI Type
INFP
I know this thread has been inactive for a while, but I think Tristan could easily be typed as ESFP (he's certainly extraverted), and I agree that Maya could be an ISFP as well. Zig's character seems pretty flat and one-dimensional thus far, since much of his personality and background has yet to be revealed. I really have no clue as to what Tori could be, either (maybe an ExFP of some sort).

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know this thread has been inactive for a while, but I think Tristan could easily be typed as ESFP (he's certainly extraverted), and I agree that Maya could be an ISFP as well. Zig's character seems pretty flat and one-dimensional thus far, since much of his personality and background has yet to be revealed. I really have no clue as to what Tori could be, either (maybe an ExFP of some sort).

Any ideas for Tristan?

And do you think Katie could be an unhealthy ISTJ 1w2 (or 3w2)?

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I've been watching old-school Degrassi, and have come up with this.

Joey - ESFP

Wheels - ISFP
I'm taking a guess here. Late in the series, when he's lying to his friends and his grandparents and treating everyone around him like crap, I keep seeing unhealthy Fi.

Snake - ISFJ
Snake wanted to make his parents, and those around him, happy. He also was always the one of the Zit Remedy who was most uncomfortable with breaking the rules. His character in TNG seems IS_J, too.

Caitlin - INFJ
Very intelligent, a loyal friend, pretty shy/private, talented at writing, cared very strongly about social/political issues. Reminds me so much of Clare from this generation.

Lucy - ENF_ (leaning at ENFJ)

Spike - Part of me wants to say ISFP, and the other wants to say ENFP

Liz - I_FP

Arthur - INTP

Michelle - ISF_

Alexa - ESFP

Simon - ISF_

Melanie - E_FP

Dwayne - EST_

Kathleen - ISTJ
I'm making a leap of a guess here.

Claude - INFP
Caitlin's boyfriend for a while in high school who killed himself.

For characters I missed, I literally have no idea.

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
New characters, anyone?

I'm getting an ISFJ vibe from Campbell.

I'm rather confused by Becky. She's actually a lot more intuitive than she seemed at first. Misguided ENFP? ENFJ?

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Campbell is a bit like a friend of mine, who is ISFP.

Becky is ExFJ. She's almost a Fe stereotype.

BTW, I think Clare is a INFJ 1w2 So/Sx.

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Campbell is a bit like a friend of mine, who is ISFP.
He's also an awful lot like my dad says he was as a teenager (and still is). My dad is ISFJ, as confirmed by the Keys2Cognition test.

Becky is ExFJ. She's almost a Fe stereotype.
Would ENFJ be a fair guess, then?

BTW, I think Clare is a INFJ 1w2 So/Sx.
Her sister is (was? How is Africa going, by the way?) 1w2, and she's nothing like her sister. Unlike, say, her sister or Emma, she is not pushy about her beliefs at all. I can definitely see 2 in her tritype, but not as her main type. I wouldn't be surprised if she was 1w9.

MBTI Type
INFP
Although this thread has been quite inactive for a while, I will attempt to type the newer characters in the Degrassi series, since I noticed nobody's attempted to do so yet.

In my opinion...

Maya- ISFP 9w8

Tristan- ESFP 4w3 (pretty much a stereotypical flamboyant gay with an interest in theatre and the arts)

Tori- ESFP 3w2

Zig- ISTP 6w5

Zoe (mean girl in S13)- ESFJ 3w4 (classic prima donna)

Miles (rich kid in S13)- ISFP 6w7 (I'm unsure of his type, honestly, but her appears to be relatively reserved and very sensory oriented; he also tries to rebel constantly against his overbearing father)

Grace (new girl from S13)- INTP or ISTP (she's new and hasn't been developed as a character yet, but strikes me as some sort of IxTP based upon the overall vibe she gives me and the way she interacts with people).

Campbell- ISFJ 6w5 or 6w7 (he pretty much lived to satisfy other people's expectations of him and struggled to break free from this pedestal to do what he truly desired; I see no hint of Fi in him whatsoever at all, and doesn't project the calmer, more laidback artistic vibe most ISFPs seem to exude. He also dwelled way too much on the past to have had auxiliary Se).

Leo (Ali's boyfriend in S13)- unhealthy ENFJ 3w2 (a manipulative jerk who comes off as a very sweet, romantic young man, yet has a very fragile ego and inferiority complex that causes him to have possessive tendencies and want to overpower women, hence his physically abusing Ali whenever she seemed to trigger something in him that made him feel vulnerable and inferior).

Damon (Zig's friend)- ESTP 7w6 (he seems pragmatic and laidback, living exclusively in the present moment and dealing with problems by either making snarky commentary or creating something humorous out of them. he also doesn't strike me as very emotional or touchy-feely as some feelers do.

Winston (Miles' friend)- INTP 5w4 (another nerdy character archetype newly added to Degrassi who sort of reminds me of a crossover between Toby, Wesley, and Dave throughout season 9)

Becky- ENFJ 2w1 (she's like a paragon for Fe)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had to quit watching degrassi, I love(d) it but the new characters are just way too much for me. Or maybe I'm just too old and there's no nostalgia to it anymore.

tsOpSZz.jpg

RIP :cry:

MBTI Type
INFP
Honestly Chana, I agree with what you've said, since Degrassi does seem to be spiraling downhill lately, particularly in the fact that it's become so superficial and well... romance based. I miss the old Degrassi too :( A person can get only a certain amount of dosage of Maya's drama and Eclare...

DreamBeliever

Zoe Rivas- ENTJ 3w4
Just the vibe I get. I really like her character. I feel like they have a lot they can expand on with her. I was kind of disappointed with the 14A ep. plot lines with her, though. Season 13 with her was great, however. I hope they give her more than just cheerleader plots moving forward. I don't get why people compare her to Paige a lot. I personally don't see it. I'll type more later. Just wanted to state my opinion for Zoe here for now.

justwhelmed

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm trying to catch up on this because it was kind of a favorite for me in middle school, and I'm on season 12 right now. Anyone have any ideas for Dallas' type? I'm think ESTX. Also, I'm seeing ESFJ for Becky right now but maybe she shows more Ni later. Cam seems pretty ISFJ, I agree. Maya is for sure an ISFP. I would say ESFP for both Tristan and Tori. And ISTP for Zig works too, he kind of reminds me of Sean. Luke isn't really a type right now besides DICK, so I guess that's it.

justwhelmed

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Annnnd I'm on Next Class now. I think Zoe is definitely an ENTJ. Grace is harder to figure out but I lean ESTP. Frankie is definitely an F and probably a J, but honestly I'm not 100% sure on her type. I think Hunter is a pretty big INFP, sometimes he reminds me of Eli. Shay seems kind of ISTJ. I feel like Lola could be either ESFP or ESFJ, but I can't tell which. Winston seems XNTP to me. I think Miles is an ENTJ using his lower functions because he is extremely unhealthy. Yeah, that's all I got. Also, if anyone stopped watching because they thought the show was leaning more towards relationships, and less towards the issues, I think Next Class has really improved on this. I'm only on episode seven, and they have covered consent, feminism, drug addiction, anxiety, and even masturbation in really nuanced ways.

MBTI Type
INFP
Here's my attempt at typing the latest generation of characters from Degrassi: Next Class. I wonder what ever happened to this show, since it's been on hiatus for a while now:
Zoe Rivas-ENTJ 8w7
Maya Matlin-ISFP 9w1
Miles Hollingsworth- unhealthy ENTJ 3w4 (who acts like an ISFP under pressure)
Tristan Mulligan- ESFJ 3w2
Tori Santamaria-ESFJ 3w2 (same as Tristan)
Zig Novak- ESFP 6w7?
Frankie Hollingsworth- immature ENFJ 2w3
Winston Chu- INTP/ ENTP 6w7
Grace Cardinal-ESTP 8w7
Jonah- ISTP 9w8
Goldie- INFJ 1w2
Baaz- ENTJ/ ESTJ 3w4
Yael Barron- INFJ 4w5?
Hunter Hollingsworth- angry INFP 6w5
Rasha-ENTP 7w6
Lola Pacini- ESFP 2w3
Shay Powers- ISTJ 1w9
Esme Song- unhealthy ENFP 4w3
Vijay?- ISFP 4w3 (I think)
Tiny Bell- ENFJ (who was acting like an ISTP) 9w8?
Arlene (the girl Hunter had a crush on)- INTP/INFP 5w4
Saad (Syrian guy)- misunderstood INFP 6w5
Campbell Saunders (Maya's deceased ex)- ISFJ 6w5
Damien (Zig's friend)- some sort of ESTP
:bye:

MBTI Type
INFP
It's also ironic how each of the Hollingsworths seem like immature, depressed, or unhealthy variants of their type. Hmmmm.... 🤔 Esme also seems like a classic 4w3 in a downhill, depressive spiral and is not by any means the most healthy representation of her type either. She probably has borderline personality disorder, so that could be an influencing factor upon her overall personality as well.

Moonflower

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Man. I wish I could find someone who knows type and has watched the 80s Degrassi (High/Junior High). All the episodes are on YouTube if anyone is interested.

Joey - ENFP
Caitlin - INFJ
Snake- ISFJ
Wheels - my instinct has always said unhealthy ISFP, but I have a feeling that I'm wrong... It could be a case like Miles in which he is very troubled and unhealthy and thus tricky to type.
Alexa - ESFP
Simon - ISFP, maybe? ISFJ?
Lucy - ENFJ, I think
Claude (other guy Caitlin dated who killed himself) - INFP
Arthur - INTP?
Luke - ESTP
Spike - ISFP fits her well
Liz - INFP? Maybe INFJ, too, just with a differ vibe from Caitlin
Melanie - always thought she seemed ENFP, although ESFP wouldn't surprise me either
Dwayne - ESTx

Any other guess would probably be far off.