• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ryan Gosling?

liYA

Here are some things he has said..

Freedom is such a gift.

I don't like to be entertaining. I don't like the feeling of being entertaining. If there was a musical or a comedy that was not just for entertainment but was rooted in something I could relate to on a real level, then I think I would do it.

I don't think you can discriminate against budgets, you know? I'm an actor, I guess, so I'm just trying to play as many characters as I can. If there's a character I think I can play, and they're going to let me do it, I'll do it whether it's $10 or $1 million or more.

I feel it's important to show that one thing that you do doesn't define you as a human being. It doesn't mean there aren't ramifications or you shouldn't pay for that but its not who you are.

I feel like everything has happened naturally.

I have a friend that is a WWII buff, and we sat and talked a lot about stuff like the war and the reasons behind it, and you now it's all in the uniform. Once you're in it, it usually does all the work for you.

I just have my own taste, and I just try and stick with that. I'm just trying to play as many characters as I can for as long as I have an opportunity to.

I just sort of take it from a character perspective, and I don't know if he was necessarily spiritual, but I do think he had hope. He was a character that was comfortable having hope in his life, and hope is faith.

I think about death a lot, like I think we all do. I don't think of suicide as an option, but as fun. It's an interesting idea that you can control how you go. It's this thing that's looming, and you can control it.

Hollywood usually doesn't have strong woman in films like that, and it's stupid, so for the most part they're usually being directed and written by men.

I think it's more interesting to see people who don't feel appropriately. I relate to that, because sometimes I don't feel anything at all for things I'm supposed to, and other times I feel too much. It's not always like it is in the movies.

I think we're very complicated and we're capable of all kinds of things, and movies don't reflect that.

I try to play characters who are different from myself, so I feel like this character is someone who is really different. I actually think that if I did what he did in this movie, I would get a restraining order put against me.

I like working with actresses, and I like women a lot, not for obvious reasons, but just in that that there's so much about what they bring to the scene that keeps it so interesting. Their instincts are so different, and they never explain them to you.

I'm glad I have an outlet. I don't think I would put my aggression elsewhere, but working on the projects I have worked on, you tend to benefit personally from trying to wrap your head around the way other people look at the world.

If you do one good thing, that doesn't define you either. Being around the kids in the juvenile center, they were engaging, they made us laugh but they were there for doing something terrible.

I think he's an introvert but i'm not sure about the rest

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
blue valentine looks great. enfp 7w6 sx/so.

twengkiedo

MBTI Type
INFP
I've seen his interviews and I love him dearly. I thought he was an INFP.

And reading his quotes, I'm more convinced that he is. I'm not just saying he is an INFP because I am. Even if he was not, I'd still like him.

-Freedom is such a gift. (I always say that)
-I don't like to be entertaining. If there was a musical or a comedy that was not just for entertainment but was rooted in something I could relate to on a real level, then I think I would do it. (Neither Do I. I am inclined towards the arts but I never thought much about entertaining.)
-I feel it's important to show that one thing that you do doesn't define you as a human being. It doesn't mean there aren't ramifications or you shouldn't pay for that but its not who you are.
-I feel like everything has happened naturally. (Fate?)
-talked a lot about stuff like the war and the reasons behind it, and you now it's all in the uniform.
-I just have my own taste, and I just try and stick with that. I'm just trying to play as many characters as I can for as long as I have an opportunity to. (
-I just sort of take it from a character perspective, and I don't know if he was necessarily spiritual, but I do think he had hope. He was a character that was comfortable having hope in his life, and hope is faith.
-I think about death a lot, like I think we all do. I don't think of suicide as an option, but as fun. It's an interesting idea that you can control how you go. It's this thing that's looming, and you can control it. -
-I think it's more interesting to see people who don't feel appropriately. I relate to that, because sometimes I don't feel anything at all for things I'm supposed to, and other times I feel too much. It's not always like it is in the movies.
-I'm glad I have an outlet. I don't think I would put my aggression elsewhere, but working on the projects I have worked on, you tend to benefit personally from trying to wrap your head around the way other people look at the world.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
he seems fi...my guess in infp

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agree on Fi-dom, but I'd say ISFP. Saw him on Letterman recently, and that was my impression.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Agree on Fi-dom, but I'd say ISFP. Saw him on Letterman recently, and that was my impression.

Funny... I thought ISFP before I entered the thread, as what I pick up from him. When I've seen him, I don't get any N vibe per se (like I do with someone like Johnny Depp, for example). And any quotes in this thread don't demand that one be N in order to say them; seems to enjoy the notion of freedom, not being in a box, general goodwill, embracing others, a sense of realism about his values, etc. I think being Fi dom does come out pretty strongly with him, plus he seems to be introverted and not extroverted in his presentation, so...

It's not clear-cut, but it is simply what my first impression of him was. He seems to be a sweet, sensitive guy, and pretty grounded.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Funny... I thought ISFP before I entered the thread, as what I pick up from him. When I've seen him, I don't get any N vibe per se (like I do with someone like Johnny Depp, for example). And any quotes in this thread don't demand that one be N in order to say them; seems to enjoy the notion of freedom, not being in a box, general goodwill, embracing others, a sense of realism about his values, etc. I think being Fi dom does come out pretty strongly with him, plus he seems to be introverted and not extroverted in his presentation, so...

It's not clear-cut, but it is simply what my first impression of him was. He seems to be a sweet, sensitive guy, and pretty grounded.

The contrast with Depp occurred to me also. I've been on the fence with Depp concerning S/N, but when I compare someone like Gosling, it reinforces that Depp is likely INFP.

Gosling's movie role choices strike me as ISFP also. One which comes to mind is Lars & The Real Girl. There's a realism to that movie with its mostly ordinary characters & one lonely oddball who highlights these basic human needs & qualities; it's an approach that seems like it would be extremely appealing to an ISFP.

IDK what enneagram he'd be. Possibly 9w8.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've only seen one interview of him, but I think he's INFP 7w6 Sp/Sx (he was listed as 7w8, but I think he's more w6)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So yeah. Depp's a so/sx e45 infp. Tim Burton's your so/sx e54 infp. Bing bang.

Trying to understand how Gosling's an S; isn't coming.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the contrast with johnny is good...you guys are probably right about that

Within

Permabanned
I have no valid thought about his type, but I've really enjoyed his past performances.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So yeah. Depp's a so/sx e45 infp. Tim Burton's your so/sx e54 infp. Bing bang.

Trying to understand how Gosling's an S; isn't coming.

I always thought Johnny Depp was Sp/Sx. what makes you think he's So first?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I always thought Johnny Depp was Sp/Sx. what makes you think he's So first?

Off the top of my head, but his longstanding thing with lighthearted old Burtboy for one. So while he's def phlegmatic (as a socionics iei Ni subtype), his choice of roles (those pirate movies were the biggest pots of so/sx random throw everything at the wall see if it sticks methodology bullcrap) combined with constant activity (has averaged about 3 films a year since 2000), and that first one again leads me to think sp's in his last slot. Why sp/sx?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Off the top of my head, but his longstanding thing with lighthearted old Burtboy for one. So while he's def phlegmatic (as a socionics iei Ni subtype), his choice of roles (those pirate movies were the biggest pots of so/sx random throw everything at the wall see if it sticks methodology bullcrap) combined with constant activity (has averaged about 3 films a year since 2000), and that first one again leads me to think sp's in his last slot. Why sp/sx?

he is not social at all. he is completely disengaged in most interviews and claims he doesn't even watch his own movies when he's done with them. if I remember correctly, he basically said it was just a job and he just likes to do his job and come home

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
he is not social at all. he is completely disengaged in most interviews and claims he doesn't even watch his own movies when he's done with them. if I remember correctly, he basically said it was just a job and he just likes to do his job and come home

I'm not social either. Make that 3 movies a year since 1990, not 2000.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not social either. Make that 3 movies a year since 1990, not 2000.

the sociability isn't the main thing. he just seems to detached . So doms are usually much more involved in their surroundings

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the sociability isn't the main thing. he just seems to detached . So doms are usually much more involved in their surroundings

my bf is a so dom and not at all social...i think most would type him as sp/ sx too if they didn't know better.