• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Child Prodigies

MerkW

I tend to believe there is no such thing as insanity, only different sorts of complexities in personality. So everyone can potentially be typed.

I agree. The whole black/white sanity/insanity thing gets on my nerves.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
However a sensor probably would not find something intangible like chess to be very interesting.

I'd disagree.
An SP would likely find the game to be fun to play especially if he or she is good at it. If they see chess as fun, they will play it.
An SJ is very interested in his or her reputation or his or her 'status', especially XSTJ's. If a person of this type discovers that he or she has a mind for chess, then he or she will likely work on increasing his or her skills in the game. For different reasons than an NT would, but the SJ would take similar measures.
Chess isn't 'intangible', it has its practical benefits- socially and mentally.

According to this argument, many Sensing types wouldn't bother to study abstract subjects such as mathematics or linguistics in high school/college, even though they would be more likely to get a better job in the future.

I do agree with Fischer being an INTJ. He had the idiosyncratic personality and his reasons for taking on chess were NT ones.