• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MAN VS WILD

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
That guy's so awesome.
What type do you think he is?
My guess is ESTP.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh yeah, I always get him mixed up with survivorman and I was about to argue, but for that guy you're probably right.

Pssh though survivorman's way more badass, he doesn't get a camera crew to bail him out. :D

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I thought he's INTP. Watched his Born Survivor for over 2 months straight - it's interesting episode by episode. I also discovered he gets assistance from his camera crew, which is appalling, 'cause I initially thought he was out there alone with just one guy as the only camera crew.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
This guy ate 2 living worms, he's more badass than jackass.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
This guy ate 2 living worms, he's more badass than jackass.

Yea, those "grubs". He found a large one in a fallen tree trunk, and ate it in front of the camera.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I saw that video a few hours ago with some friends and we laughed as if we smoked weed.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
aaa his name is bear gryllz right ? : ))) hmm..nickname.

V

violaine

Oh yeah, I always get him mixed up with survivorman and I was about to argue, but for that guy you're probably right.

Pssh though survivorman's way more badass, he doesn't get a camera crew to bail him out. :D

+1 Survivorman is waaaaay more badass.

I can't take Bear Grylls very seriously, he's been busted for staying in hotels and such. I do think his show is quite funny though. The episode where he self-administered an enema took him to a whole other level of high comedy. I think he is ESTP, total showman.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
les-stroud-2-sized.jpg

Les Stroud rules... :yes:

FakePlasticAlice

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Bear Grylls is far more entertaining to watch than survivorman...the camera work is a little too over the top dramatic however which distances me from the show more than i would like it to because i can't stop focusing on it.

However, i'm gonna agree with Randomnity and violaine that Survivorman trumps Bear Grylls - def. more badass!

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm not sure where estp's coming from.

"...I'm the most impatient person you'll ever meet." Close enough of a quote?

That's an enneagram 1. e12 sx/so enfp, coming off as an e8, bulldozing fucking everything.

Survivorman, on the other hand...

e54 sp/so infp.

Need an explanation? Guy's the living epitome of sp/so.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure where estp's coming from.

"...I'm the most impatient person you'll ever meet." Close enough of a quote?

That's an enneagram 1. e12 sx/so enfp, coming off as an e8, bulldozing fucking everything.
I'm not sure where enfp's coming from either. Impatience certainly isn't a strictly enfp trait...if anything I would predict estp's would be more impatient since there's real-life things to get up and go do.

But both guys are hard to type since you only see them in one environment (a very sensor-oriented one), you don't see their personal life, just the show which is at least partially them "acting", and you mostly don't see them interact with other people at all. The most I would really be confident saying is that Bear is E and survivorman is I.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm not sure where enfp's coming from either. Impatience certainly isn't a strictly enfp trait...if anything I would predict estp's would be more impatient since there's real-life things to get up and go do.

But both guys are hard to type since you only see them in one environment (a very sensor-oriented one), you don't see their personal life, just the show which is at least partially them "acting", and you mostly don't see them interact with other people at all. The most I would really be confident saying is that Bear is E and survivorman is I.

As noted, impatience is a core e1 trait.

When there aren't others for a subject to interact with, look at how s/he cools.

Do you think his expressions are more played down or explosive?

I think that eliminates possibility of a 9 wing.

When I listen to him tearing into a dead sheep, pulling the heart out, it's almost like he's welcoming the viewer to join in.

"Come on over, have a bite with me" (implied, not an exact quote). Sounds like a 2 wing, whereas a 7 winger would ask the viewer to dance inside the sheep pelt with him.

That eliminates possibility of either 7 or 9 wing.

Moreover, the sx/so e8 is described as the "alpha" fe/male, would be more inclined to stuff the sheep carcass with dynamite,

whereas Grylls, in my mind, as over the top as he seems, is going through the step-by-step "this is how you don't die" process.

So really, the argument is whether Grylls is an sx/so e12 enfp or entj, but he resembles istjs I've come across and an enfp uncle, which is why I lean enfp.

People can't act nearly as convincingly as most on this forum tend to believe.

I don't think either of them are.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
ESTJ. (I/E difference is the most moderate)

He's not exactly laid back. SP goofyness... none of that. He's cold and orchestrated, focused on his tasks, detail oriented. No procrastination issues. He's comfortable with targets and routines. Dedicated, diligent, boring.

Les Stroud is of course more deep and a more interesting person and a much better narrator, Les is an N, bigger picture thinker than Bear. But he's older and can't do all the moves Bear can.. most of Bear's skills are probably from being a UK Special Forces and genetics, but he's about as deep as those little streams he'll get water from to boil then drink.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ESTJ. (I/E difference is the most moderate)

He's not exactly laid back. SP goofyness... none of that. He's cold and orchestrated, focused on his tasks, detail oriented. No procrastination issues. He's comfortable with targets and routines. Dedicated, diligent, boring.

This doesn't sound much the like the man v. wild guy.

You've emphasized e1 traits, aside from "boring", your most subjective adjective.

Try adaptable, easily excitable, and scientific.

Les Stroud is of course more deep and a more interesting person and a much better narrator, Les is an N, bigger picture thinker than Bear. But he's older and can't do all the moves Bear can.. most of Bear's skills are probably from being a UK Special Forces and genetics, but he's about as deep as those little streams he'll get water from to boil then drink.

If anyone is more diligent, detail-oriented, and boring, it's Les.

Thanks for the insights.