• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Boardwalk Empire

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Anyone watch this? Nucky seems INFJ, but INTJ could work here too.
Jimmy more ISTx.
Margaret maybe an INFP?
Richard Harrow (guy with the fake face) INTP.

There's a lot of Is here, but there's a theme of people not letting others in, so it isn't exactly flattering.

Last edited:

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
I just started watching this and I really like it. I like Margaret as an infp ( if only because that could explain why I felt an instant connection with her).

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I just wanna know what Chalky is. "I ain't building no bookcases...."

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I might go ENFJ for Chalky, actually.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
In our variety of marathons this weekend, [MENTION=10491]mmhmm[/MENTION] and I just got through season 1, and I think this show is fantastic. Consistently infuriating characters that keep me hooked, the stories are introduced and resolved quickly to keep the pace of the show speedy and entertaining, the steady drip of new characters are all closely interwoven into those stories so it remains focused, and Kelly Macdonald's clinical Irish accent I find oddly fascinating to listen to.

As to the types:

Nucky Thompson: eNTJ 8w9. Leads with Te, however experiences a considerable amount of struggle with internal values, which he assuages with "taking care of" others materialistically. Nucky's dilemmas are always Te/Fi. Charisma is completely mechanical and often underestimates his action's emotional impacts.

Eli Thompson: ESFJ 3w2.

Jimmy Darmody: ISFP 3w4. Really intent on self-actualizing, carving a luxurious yet meaningful place for himself in the world.

Al Capone: ESFP 3w2

Nelson Van Alden: ISFJ 6w5. Super investigator, with clear division of good/evil with no grey area. Wonderfully played by Shannon.

Chalky White: ESTJ 8w7. Complete badass, as one would expect from Omar.

Margaret Schroeder: INFP 9w1

I'm far less confident in the enneagram types than the MBTI ones but, as always, I'm open to new information and being proven wrong.

Last edited:

Nicodemus

Typed according to letters, functions and general impressions without any clear method - because, well, this is typology.

Enoch 'Nucky' Thompson – INTJ
James 'Jimmy' Darmody – ISTP
Margaret Schroeder – INFP
Nelson Van Alden – ESFJ
Elias 'Eli' Thompson – ESTJ
Angela Darmody – INFJ
Arnold Rothstein – INTJ
Al Capone – ESFP
Charles 'Lucky' Luciano – ESTP
Lucy Danziger – ISFP
Albert 'Chalky' White – ESTJ
Eddie Kessler – ISTJ
Richard Harrow – ISTJ
Gillian Darmody – ENFJ
Commodore Louis Kaestner – ESTJ
Meyer Lansky – INTJ

Nicodemus

O Margaret, you silly girl...

The finale was a little hasty but good.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Richard Harrow – ISTJ

This surprises me. I'd almost guess INFP now. Silent suffering, strong suicidal tendencies, longing, and a need for loyalty and connection have defined the character this season. Why would you go ISTJ?

Nicodemus

This surprises me. I'd almost guess INFP now. Silent suffering, strong suicidal tendencies, longing, and a need for loyalty and connection have defined the character this season. Why would you go ISTJ?
Because his most prominent features are loyalty and precision. Are silent suffering and suicidal tendencies so out if place for someone who has fallen out of society due to what he has experienced in the war? His face makes him an outcast, so he holds on to the only community he has left: Jimmy (and Angela). He left his family because things could not be the same again. He was changed. Now he has a picture-book paper family instead. An INFP could do all those things, too, it just was not my impression.

A

Anew Leaf

Typed according to letters, functions and general impressions without any clear method - because, well, this is typology.

Enoch 'Nucky' Thompson – INTJ
James 'Jimmy' Darmody – ISTP
Margaret Schroeder – INFP
Nelson Van Alden – ESFJ
Elias 'Eli' Thompson – ESTJ
Angela Darmody – INFJ
Arnold Rothstein – INTJ
Al Capone – ESFP
Charles 'Lucky' Luciano – ESTP
Lucy Danziger – ISFP
Albert 'Chalky' White – ESTJ
Eddie Kessler – ISTJ
Richard Harrow – ISTJ
Gillian Darmody – ENFJ
Commodore Louis Kaestner – ESTJ
Meyer Lansky – INTJ

I agree with most of these, except nucky comes off slightly more eNTJ to me.

The scene that felt most out of character was when he asked Rothstein (he's one of my favorites) what he would do.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Because his most prominent features are loyalty and precision. Are silent suffering and suicidal tendencies so out if place for someone who has fallen out of society due to what he has experienced in the war? His face makes him an outcast, so he holds on to the only community he has left: Jimmy (and Angela). He left his family because things could not be the same again. He was changed. Now he has a picture-book paper family instead. An INFP could do all those things, too, it just was not my impression.

Fair enough.

Also worth noting my guesses that opened this thread were based on info available I think partway through season one (it was written over a year ago). Obviously, a lot of those guesses have changed.

A

Anew Leaf

I wonder if Gillian can be typed since she seems to be quite the sociopath.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Exactly. Otherwise the show is incredibly enjoyable, with just a few missteps.

I'd also add Owen Sleater as an ISTP.

Can I please have one more episode with him naked? Just shirtless is perfectly fine too.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Bump.

tumblr_lsuk5rSY0a1qdana6o1_400.gif

tumblr_lsuk5rSY0a1qdana6o2_400.gif

tumblr_lsuk5rSY0a1qdana6o3_400.gif

tumblr_lsuk5rSY0a1qdana6o4_400.gif

tumblr_lsuk5rSY0a1qdana6o5_400.gif

tumblr_lsuk5rSY0a1qdana6o6_400.gif

tumblr_lsuk5rSY0a1qdana6o7_400.gif

A

Anew Leaf

I love this show. I think last season was better, but I am still enjoying what this season has to offer.