• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Kanye West

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
People shouldn't be so hard on Kanye. He was right, you know. Beyoncé should have won that award, not Taylor Sheep Face Swift. This might be the exact reason why I like him, except for his music of course, which I find awesome. No, Taylor Swift is according to me one of the most nauseating celebrities I know. She deserved it. The bitch didn't even stand up for herself, so it's as if she asked for it. Ever watched her reaction during that whole VMA thing? It reminded me of the reaction of those drooling kids in kindergarten when I stole their toys. If she punched him in the face and stopped her "look at me I'm sooooo adorable" act right there and started to make good music, she would have gained my respect. But she didn't. So I'm on Kanye's side for this. I would have loved to do it myself. You people are overreacting.

I'll go with ENFP.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not really defending him. When you act like Kanye, you open yourself up to all kinds of criticism.

But seriously people, South Park quotes? I knew a guy once who pretty much only talked in in South Park/Simpsons/Family Guy quotes. Yeah, regular Lincoln-Douglas material there.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
I'm not really defending him. When you act like Kanye, you open yourself up to all kinds of criticism.

But seriously people, South Park quotes? I knew a guy once who pretty much only talked in in South Park/Simpsons/Family Guy quotes. Yeah, regular Lincoln-Douglas material there.

Shhhhh!!!! They're members of the Church of South Park! They'll torture you to death when they find out you dissed their almighty prophets!

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
People shouldn't be so hard on Kanye. He was right, you know. Beyoncé should have won that award, not Taylor Sheep Face Swift. This might be the exact reason why I like him, except for his music of course, which I find awesome. No, Taylor Swift is according to me one of the most nauseating celebrities I know. She deserved it. The bitch didn't even stand up for herself, so it's as if she asked for it. Ever watched her reaction during that whole VMA thing? It reminded me of the reaction of those drooling kids in kindergarten when I stole their toys. If she punched him in the face and stopped her "look at me I'm sooooo adorable" act right there and started to make good music, she would have gained my respect. But she didn't. So I'm on Kanye's side for this. I would have loved to do it myself. You people are overreacting.

I'll go with ENFP.

i completely agree, i was pretty much clapping and cheering when i watched that. people can call him a douchebag and an asshole and a gay fish (that shit's played out btw), but i agree with pretty much everything he says so i can't help but love him. and it's ridiculous that he got more shit for interrupting someone's vma acceptance speech than chris brown did for beating up rihanna. but idk people are always going to stand up for the cute little white girl. and she definitely took advantage of that, went on talk shows whining about it, wrote a condescending song about him ("you're still an innocent").

and i see no possible way he's a T.. from watching interviews, stuff he says on twitter, his lyrics. and i think he does care about the social implications of what he does, he's just misguided in how to express his opinions sometimes.

I’ve hurt, I’ve bled, I’ve learned. I only want to do good. I am passionate I am human I am real. I wish I could meet every hater. I wish I could talk to every hater face to face and change there a opinion of me one conversation at a time. I wish they all knew how much I really cared about music and pop culture and art and peoples feelings.

I wish they could accept that I’ve grown and only want to do good for the world. I want to help as many people as I can. I want to help starting with the music and ending with the smile. I want to win there hearts back so I can continue to bring my take on culture to the masses with a clean opinion.

It starts with this…

I’m sorry Taylor.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
i completely agree, i was pretty much clapping and cheering when i watched that. people can call him a douchebag and an asshole and a gay fish (that shit's played out btw), but i agree with pretty much everything he says so i can't help but love him. and it's ridiculous that he got more shit for interrupting someone's vma acceptance speech than chris brown did for beating up rihanna. but idk people are always going to stand up for the cute little white girl. and she definitely took advantage of that, went on talk shows whining about it, wrote a condescending song about him ("you're still an innocent").

and i see no possible way he's a T.. from watching interviews, stuff he says on twitter, his lyrics. and i think he does care about the social implications of what he does, he's just misguided in how to express his opinions sometimes.

Te's have feelings, too you know.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

I completely agree. South Park is for children. Shame on me.

E

Epiphany

but idk people are always going to stand up for the cute little white girl.

It's interesting that you mention race. There wasn't much public discussion about whether or not race played a factor in his willingness to take the microphone away from someone on stage and essentially say, "You don't deserve this award." And I'm not claiming that race was a factor. Only Kanye knows his own intentions. But what would have been the outcome if a white man went on stage, took the microphone from a black woman and said that a white girl deserves the award over her?

As far as people who are defending his actions because they don't like Taylor Swift and they do like Kanye West, you should be more objective about this. What he did was unacceptable.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
gimme examples of him using Te, because i don't see it at all

Dominant Te- Grabs the mic and verbally assualts Taylor Swift
Dominant Te- Decides to tell the world that "Bush doesn't care about black people"

Both of these actions are based on Fi based judgements. It's not as if Beyonce winning that award impacts ANYONE's life. Trivial matter. It's definitely an irratic reaction to how he feels about what's happening in front of him. At his age, if he was a dominant Fi, he would definitely have had his feelings under control.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dominant Te- Grabs the mic and verbally assualts 'Taylor Swift'
Dominant Te- Decides to tell the world that "Bush doesn't care about black people"

Both of these actions are based on Fi based judgements. It's not as if Beyonce winning that award impacts ANYONE's life. Trivial matter. It's definitely an irratic reaction to how he feels about what's happening in front of him. At his age, if he was a dominant Fi, he would definitely have had his feelings under control.

well i think grabbing the mic was more dominant henny than anything
gyi90717051.jpg

i don't see how being impulsive+opinionated is Te.. and the whole reason he acts like a dick at award shows is that he, for whatever reason, places a lot of value on them. and keep in mind that not only was he drunk at the vma's, but in the past year his mother died and he split up with his fiance that he'd been with for over 5 years, so he wasn't in a good place.

It's interesting that you mention race. There wasn't much public discussion about whether or not race played a factor in his willingness to take the microphone away from someone on stage and essentially say, "You don't deserve this award." And I'm not claiming that race was a factor. Only Kanye knows his own intentions. But what would have been the outcome if a white man went on stage, took the microphone from a black woman and said that a white girl deserves the award over her?

As far as people who are defending his actions because they don't like Taylor Swift and they do like Kanye West, you should be more objective about this. What he did was unacceptable.

i'm not even going to get into the reverse racism accusations, because i have a lot of opinions about it that are off topic and i don't want to get into it. but i'm not going to feel bad for taylor swift, what he did wasn't nice but i don't think it was awful either. she's won tons of awards, this wasn't an important or significant moment for her. while taking the mic from her was rude, he didn't say anything insulting towards her. and she got so much publicity/sympathy for practically nothing. the VMA's are meant to be watched for entertainment, and he created the most entertaining moment of the night (the rest of it was super boring) so good for him.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
well i think grabbing the mic was more dominant henny than anything
gyi90717051.jpg

i don't see how being impulsive+opinionated is Te.. and the whole reason he acts like a dick at award shows is that he, for whatever reason, places a lot of value on them. and keep in mind that not only was he drunk at the vma's, but in the past year his mother died and he split up with his fiance that he'd been with for over 5 years, so he wasn't in a good place.

My point exactly- weak Fi.

Alcohol + repressed feelings = bad external assessments (grabbing a mic and saying what he said).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is that weak Fi or weak Fe? Like, wouldn't it actually be Fe telling you "hey buddy you don't take a mic away from a young girl during an awards ceremony" no matter how he felt?

It seems like a huge social gaffe.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
Is that weak Fi or weak Fe? Like, wouldn't it actually be Fe telling you "hey buddy you don't take a mic away from a young girl during an awards ceremony" no matter how he felt?

It seems like a huge social gaffe.

Yes, Healthy Fe would say that grabbing the mic isn't the best thing to do in this situation. Weak Fi is letting your assessment of the sitution move you to an action point. Whether that action he is demonstrating is weak Fe or Strong Te It's obvious he's not good with his Fi.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My point exactly- weak Fi.

Alcohol + repressed feelings = bad external assessments (grabbing a mic and saying what he said).

my Fi's very strong and i can totally see myself doing something like that if i was drunk and famous. and i don't think that one moment defines his personality either. i still don't see any Te in him at all, or any reason to think he's a T. yeah of course T's have emotions, but i really really can't see an ENTJ being that emotionally expressive all the time. he's not objective or logical.

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
For God's sake, it was more than a year ago and after all, it's not like he stole that award, broke it into little pieces and stabbed the broad! Now this is what I call a perfect example of mass hysteria. :thumbdown:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
i don't think he ever expected her to defend him, i think he was trying to call her out for playing the sympathy card for so long. honestly, him interrupting her on stage was the best thing that's happened to her career. she should be thanking him. not really, but the backlash over the vma's was so stupid. people were acting like he went up on stage, punched her in the face and raped her grandmother. did he have to do that, no. but he was just drunk and speaking the truth. and shit, it wasn't even a grammy.

I don't see it that way at all. I think he's a P.O.S. and his actions were overbearing and sexist ... it doesn't matter if he wasn't violent, the point is that he saw a frail little white girl and knew he could easily overpower her to stand on his drunken soap box, and now doesn't want to take responsibility for it, by calling her out he's shifting the blame like many men of his kind do...and I've noticed that men like that often do hit women. I'm not saying that he does, but I really don't see any excuse for his behavior.

The proper response is "I was a drunk ass and I'm sorry."

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see it that way at all. I think he's a P.O.S. and his actions were overbearing and sexist ... it doesn't matter if he wasn't violent, the point is that he saw a frail little white girl and knew he could easily overpower her to stand on his drunken soap box, and now doesn't want to take responsibility for it, by calling her out he's shifting the blame like many men of his kind do...and I've noticed that men like that often do hit women. I'm not saying that he does, but I really don't see any excuse for his behavior.

The proper response is "I was a drunk ass and I'm sorry."

how the hell was it sexist?? if anything, thinking that it's unacceptable to do what he did because she's a 'young girl' is sexist. she's an adult who chose to be in the public eye. i really don't understand how you can connect taking someone's mic at the vma's to hitting women. and like i said, chris brown did hit a woman and has a hit song out right now. and omg i'm dead @ "frail little white girl." you did not just say that lol. if she was a frail little black girl would it have been as bad? or a frail little white boy? or a big white girl?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
how the hell was it sexist?? if anything, thinking that it's unacceptable to do what he did because she's a 'young girl' is sexist. she's an adult who chose to be in the public eye. i really don't understand how you can connect taking someone's mic at the vma's to hitting women. and like i said, chris brown did hit a woman and has a hit song out right now. and omg i'm dead @ "frail little white girl." you did not just say that lol. if she was a frail little black girl would it have been as bad? or a frail little white boy? or a big white girl?

Yes, if she was a frail little black girl it would be equally as bad.

If you don't see the difference between a big strong grown man grabbing a mic away from a small teenaged girl and a grown man of equal size...I wonder if he would have been man enough to do that to another man roughly his own size, black or white.

What he did was unacceptable, and it was also stupid. There are smarter ways to make your voice heard.

I think trying to take a VMA award from somebody is unbelievably petty, it's not like he was standing up for repressed starving wage slaves in India.

I'm not even a Taylor Swift fan. I just think he's an immature uncouth ass who needs to do more introspecting about his own behavior instead of blaming other people for his short-comings.