• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

King of Queens

H

Hate

Doug is the furthest thing from ISTJ that I can imagine. I don't see him being anything other than Se dominant... And he's far more Fe than Fi so I would have to lean towards ESTP.

Carrie - ESFJ

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Originally thought both Doug and Carrie were ESTP, but in an earlier post from way back someone said ISFP for Doug and ESTJ for Carrie, and it made sense too.

I saw Deacon as an ISxJ, and Kelly as an ISFJ. Arthur baffled me at first thought, but I'd say ENTP. He loves to argue for argument's sake, and if Doug is ISFP, Arthur's ENTP could make him the "conflict" type which makes for some humorous interactions between the two.

Grunfur

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At first I thought both Doug and Carrie were ESTPs but upon further reflection here is what I think...
Doug - ESFP
He cares a lot about having fun and doing what makes him comfortable but he also sees things as important and knows when not to cross the line unlike ESTPs. He isn't ISFP because he isn't serious enough to be concerned with values (Fi) and personal identity.

Carrie - ESFJ
She seems like she is very easily affected by people's reactions and uses sarcasm as a way to get people to understand her feelings (Fe). She isn't like Doug who likes entertainment more. They have similar goals but different approaches (quasi-identicals)

Arthur - ENTP
He is just crazy, unaware of how he comes across to others and has a lot of strange ideas. When he tells Doug and Carrie his ideas they just reject his ideas because Sensors don't see it as practical, which is why he then gets angry for people ignoring him. He is not ENFP because he tries to get a reaction and is bothered by people's reactions (Fe).

Deacon - ISTP
He is very much the "wise fool" in the series. He knows when something doesn't make sense or not. He is very good at telling Doug when he is being illogical and what he is doing doesn't make sense. But he doesn't tell him this out of conventions or to be normal like ISTJs. He will do the same crazy antics as Doug but thinks about his actions first.

cirquesolo

MBTI Type
ENTP
At first I thought both Doug and Carrie were ESTPs but upon further reflection here is what I think...
Doug - ESFP
He cares a lot about having fun and doing what makes him comfortable but he also sees things as important and knows when not to cross the line unlike ESTPs. He isn't ISFP because he isn't serious enough to be concerned with values (Fi) and personal identity.

Carrie - ESFJ
She seems like she is very easily affected by people's reactions and uses sarcasm as a way to get people to understand her feelings (Fe). She isn't like Doug who likes entertainment more. They have similar goals but different approaches (quasi-identicals)

Arthur - ENTP
He is just crazy, unaware of how he comes across to others and has a lot of strange ideas. When he tells Doug and Carrie his ideas they just reject his ideas because Sensors don't see it as practical, which is why he then gets angry for people ignoring him. He is not ENFP because he tries to get a reaction and is bothered by people's reactions (Fe).

Deacon - ISTP
He is very much the "wise fool" in the series. He knows when something doesn't make sense or not. He is very good at telling Doug when he is being illogical and what he is doing doesn't make sense. But he doesn't tell him this out of conventions or to be normal like ISTJs. He will do the same crazy antics as Doug but thinks about his actions first.

Nice! this makes a lot of sense of me. Thanks!