• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Big Chill

Grace

MBTI Type
INTJ
My parents love this movie and I've subsequently always wanted to love it as well. I like the premise, the music, the era, but for some reason I cannot seem to get into the ups and downs of this incestuous group. Even though I've watched this movie at least once every couple of years (in order to see if some new life experiences have allowed me to fully appreciate the movie that so many rave about), I still don't like it. But regardless, I am still curious what you guys think the types of the main characters are.

The main seven:
Sam
Karen
Sarah
Meg
Harold
Michael
Nick

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm. I remember Goldblum's character, Michael, as ENTP.

KDude

Goldblum is always an ENTP.

I haven't seen this film actually. Interesting, Lenore Thomson uses it several times in her book, across different sections. I guess she thought it was pretty illustrative for MBTI. Maybe I should watch it.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My parents love this movie and I've subsequently always wanted to love it as well. I like the premise, the music, the era, but for some reason I cannot seem to get into the ups and downs of this incestuous group. Even though I've watched this movie at least once every couple of years (in order to see if some new life experiences have allowed me to fully appreciate the movie that so many rave about), I still don't like it. But regardless, I am still curious what you guys think the types of the main characters are.

I felt much the same way as you did about the movie, I think because I found it kind of slow paced. It was too long ago since I saw it to remember the characters and assign types to them.

Goldblum is always an ENTP.

I haven't seen this film actually. Interesting, Lenore Thomson uses it several times in her book, across different sections. I guess she thought it was pretty illustrative for MBTI. Maybe I should watch it.

I should watch this movie again. I'd probably like it more the second time around to see how well the characters match up what Lenore says about them.