• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
These are all guesses:

Aang - ESFP. I don't think he's guided by Ne; he's goofy but ultimately physically grounded.

Katara - ENFJ, or at least Fe-dom. I'm slightly leaning ENFJ but I'm really not sure.

Sokka - A non-stereotypical ESTP. Not remotely conceptual; his inventiveness is most likely Ti paired with Se. He takes the piss out of everything that isn't tangible, which I'd attribute to de-valued Ne. If I'm Ti-Ne, Sokka is not valuing both functions: no aspect of his thinking is even close to mine.

Zuko - ISFP, maybe another xSxP type; but the character has strong and valued Se. His clashes with Iroh are partially Se-Si oriented. Also my favourite character in the show; I resonate with him, probably due to Enneagram type. I say ISFP because most of his reasoning seems to be oriented around good/bad.

Iroh - ISFJ, maybe ESFJ. Very sensory and all about offering comfort to others.

Toph - xSFP?

Interesting that there are so many feelers in the show.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Aang: ExFP
Katara: Most ESFJ to ever ESFJ
Sokka: xSTP
Toph: ISTP
Zuko: ISFP
Iroh: xNFJ

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why ESFJ for Katara? I'm curious; it seems to be the general consensus.

She's basically the classic archetype of an ESFJ 2w3. She's dripping with Fe but I don't see Ni aux at all. The Pi functions are hard for me to describe because they're so abstract and are shown more than told.

Psyclepath

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
She's basically the classic archetype of an ESFJ 2w3. She's dripping with Fe but I don't see Ni aux at all. The Pi functions are hard for me to describe because they're so abstract and are shown more than told.

Yeah, the Pi functions are often difficult, especially when they aren't dominant. Having looked through some of her quotes, there is a general Ne-vibe to some of them, and not strong Ne.

It's interesting, because she's such a different character to Iroh - who is most definitely ISFJ.

Udochin28

Sokkas totally an entj. He gets his energy in making order of things in the external world. While he is intuitive he has an impulse to judge things first before allowing himself to percieve how something has value. He doesn't share Aangs Ne impulse to percieve all the possibilities of what could happen in the given moment but rather his big ideas come from gaining insights into external events that can happen to lead to a certain goal. He's quite goofy but that isnt fully related to his mbti type moreso than his upbringing.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Aang: ENFP
Katara: ESFJ
Sokka: ISTP

That's all I'm confident about for now. Would need to do a more recent rewatch to feel as solid on the others.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Katara: ESFJ
Sokka: ISTP

That's all I'm confident about for now. Would need to do a more recent rewatch to feel as solid on the others.

Most of those seem right except for Sokka. I was never really sure about his type, but I'm pretty sure he's an extrovert. He has ExTP humor though, I'd vote either ESTP or ENTP.

Here's my ideas:
Katara: ESFJ 2w1 (261?) sp/so.
Toph: ESTP either 6w7 or 7w8 (683 maybe) so/sx
Zuko: ISFP 6w5 (641) maybe? so/sp or sp/sx
Aang: ENFP 7w6 (794) so/sp. I could see 792.
Sokka: ExTP 7w6 so/sp
Iroh: ENFJ 9w8 so/sx (maybe 972, but his type's hard to guage)?
Azula: ExTJ 8w9 or 3w4 so/.. (83...7?)
The Fireloard: ESTJ 8w9 so/sp probably, traditional villain archetype
Ty Lee: ESFP 7w6 so (729)

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Katara esfj
sokka istp
aang istp
toph istp
tai lee infj
azula entj
zuko istp
iroh enfj
fire lord entj

sophiadiangelo

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6
Aang - enfp
Katara - esfj or enfj
Sokka - entp
Toph - istp
Zuko - isfp
Azula - entj
Mai - istp or intp
Ty Lee - enfp
Iroh - infj
Fire Lord Ozai - estp
Suki - enfj
Jet - enfp
Master Jeong Jeong - intj
Master Piandao - intj
Master Pakku - intj or istj
King Bumi - entp
June - istp
Ursa (Zuko’s mom) - intj or infj
Hakoda (Katara and Sokka’s dad) - entj
Princess Yue - isfj or infj
Commander Zhao -estp
Appa - intp

Altair

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, Zuko always seemed to project that kind of INFP type in a more unhealthy sense. Azula seems like an ENTJ, and Mai could be an ISTJ-- I'm uncertain of the total description of the type.

I got an ESFJ vibe or something like that from Suki, but I could be wrong. She reminds me of Kim Possible. Definitely a J.

So...

Katara: ISFJ
Sokka: ENTP
Toph: ESTP
Suki: EXXJ
Zuko: INFP
Iroh: Old
Mai: ISTJ
Ty Lee: ENFP
Azula: ENTJ

That show was awesome.

I have seen that Iroh is a INFJ I'm of course not sure about this but what do you think?

Also Roku would be an INFJ

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Aang istp
Sokka istp
Zuko istp
Ty lee infj
Mai isfp

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Confession: Just watched this show for the first time, and I can't believe I missed out for so long!

Aang: ENFP 7w6 > 9w1 > 3w2 so/sx
Katara: ESFJ 2w1 > 1w9 > 7w6 sp/so
Sokka: ENTJ (not ENTP imo) 6w7 > 3w2 > 1w9 so/sp
Toph: ESTP 7w8 > 8w7 > 3w4 sx/so
Zuko: ISFP 1w2 > 6w5 > 4w3 sx/so
Iroh: INFJ 9w1 > 5w6 > 2w1 so/sx
Azula: ENTJ 8w7 > 3w4 > 6w5 so/sp
Mai: ISFP 9w8 > 5w6 > 3w4 sx/sp
Ty Lee: ESFP 7w6 > 2w3 > 9w1 so/sx
Suki: ISFJ 6w5 > 1w9 > 3w2 so/sp

A lot of the show focuses on national/group identities and pride in that, so this might be influencing some of my decisions here.

Last edited:

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's my thoughts:

Aang: ENFP 9w1 7w6 2w3 so/sx
Katara: ESFJ 2w1 6w5 1w9 so/sp
Sokka: ESTJ 6w7 3w4 9w8 so/sp (he could be intuitive with a triple attachment triad, but idk)
Toph: ESTP 7w8 (738 tritype in some order), idk with iv, not sx blind, not sp dom
Zuko: ISFP 6w5 1w9 4w3 sp/so
Azula: 3w4 8w7 6w5 so/sp
Iroh: ENFJ 9w1 (maybe 2 fix, either 5 or 7 fix, probably head last) so/sx
Suki: ISFJ 6w5 1w9 3w2 sp/so
Mai: ISTJ 9w8 5w4 3w4 sp/sx
Ty Lee: 7w6 9w1 2w3 so/sx

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most of those seem right except for Sokka. I was never really sure about his type, but I'm pretty sure he's an extrovert. He has ExTP humor though, I'd vote either ESTP or ENTP.

Here's my ideas:
Katara: ESFJ 2w1 (261?) sp/so. 2w1 6w5 1w9 so/sp
Toph: ESTP either 6w7 or 7w8 (683 maybe) so/sx 7w8 (783 in some order); No clue on iv, not sx blind, not sp dom
Zuko: ISFP 6w5 (641) maybe? so/sp or sp/sx sp/sx
Aang: ENFP 7w6 (794) so/sp. I could see 792. 9w1 7w6 2w3 so/sx
Sokka: ExTP 7w6 so/sp I've been considering ESTJ 6w7 so/sp for him, probably 639 tritype
Iroh: ENFJ 9w8 so/sx (maybe 972, but his type's hard to guage)? Where the hell did I get w8, clearly 9w1
Azula: ExTJ 8w9 or 3w4 so/.. (83...7?) ENTJ 3w4 8w7 6w5 so/sp
The Fireloard: ESTJ 8w9 so/sp probably, traditional villain archetype
Ty Lee: ESFP 7w6 so (729) 7w6 9w1 2w3 so/sx
Updates in red

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's my thoughts:

Aang: ENFP 9w1 7w6 2w3 so/sx
Katara: ESFJ 2w1 6w5 1w9 so/sp
Sokka: ESTJ 6w7 3w4 9w8 so/sp (he could be intuitive with a triple attachment triad, but idk)
Toph: ESTP 7w8 (738 tritype in some order), idk with iv, not sx blind, not sp dom
Zuko: ISFP 6w5 1w9 4w3 sp/so
Azula: 3w4 8w7 6w5 so/sp
Iroh: ENFJ 9w1 (maybe 2 fix, either 5 or 7 fix, probably head last) so/sx
Suki: ISFJ 6w5 1w9 3w2 sp/so
Mai: ISTJ 9w8 5w4 3w4 sp/sx
Ty Lee: 7w6 9w1 2w3 so/sx

Since I'm relatively new in returning to typing, I've been going back on Aang's core type myself between 9w1 and 7w6. What makes you decide 3w2 for his heart fix? Also, what makes you say ISTJ for Mai and 3w4 core for Azula?

RadicalDoubt

MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Since I'm relatively new in returning to typing, I've been going back on Aang's core type myself between 9w1 and 7w6. What makes you decide 3w2 for his heart fix?
As have I, regardless of order both his 7 and 9 influences are quite strong in his personality. I went with 9 for a couple of reasons, one such being that his character (even if it is related to his culture and upbringing) is focused specifically around trying to understand different perspectives, maintaining balance and peace (even outside of the avatar he's quite attentive to this), and a hesitance towards violence and aversion to what disturbs his sense of self and connection to his friends and culture (prior to being told he was the avatar). I can't see much disintigration to 1 as much as I can to 6 as a possibility (since when he's lacking health he's more combative, indecisive, and support seeking) and can sort of see the possibility of him integrating to 3 (ie. in the end, after being told various different ways to defeat Ozai, he chooses his own path and asserts his own beliefs and culture). Idk though.

I am assuming you meant 2w3 rather than 3w2 for your actual question. Again, it's a tough draw, but in terms of triadic relations, I have trouble seeing him as a double id type. Even if he is a heart last, 7 and 3 combine to make a relatively assertive character who is traditionally able to assert their needs without much guilt while adding an impulsive flair to the character and a goal orientation towards the ideal (which I don't think I see? I'd be curious of your reasoning since I've always had an issue with Aangs heart fix typology wise). I could see him being triple positive outlook, before developing as the avatar he's incredibly evasive and seems to have the 2-esque back and forth with shame, trying to be (and also trying to convince the self) that they are good, but being moved by their own shame.

Also, what makes you say ISTJ for Mai
I don't have a strong argument about this. She's not a heavily developed character in my opinion, though clearly on the Fi-Te axis and likely a sensing focused character.

and 3w4 core for Azula?
I wrote an (unreasonably) long argument on another typology page, so I'm just going to post that here. Sorry for the length in advance, I struggle with being concise, I was just too lazy to write something new.
RadicalDoubt said:
I'd argue 3w4 over 8w7 on the basis of Azula being a competency core. The key aspect of every reactive type is the rawness of the expression of their core fixation as well as their responsiveness to it. Even when attempting to repress that, it is always plainly obvious how motivated by that fixation they are. Especially 8w7 is known for being one of the most impulsive types in the enneagram type, the most connected with their desires and impulses and the type that sees no reason to ever go by anything but those impulses (unless healthy probably). Looking at Azula's character, however, there is a constant favoring for manipulation and calculation over straightforward aggression and impulse, which is inherently not 8 (core; I think it's a secondary fix; 386 so/sp). She's an excellent read of people, quickly narrowing down their own fears and shame and constantly thinks through a situation before an attack rather than just relying on the fact that she is a prodigious and dangerous firebender who could could probably plow through whoever the hell she wanted if she really wanted to. Of course she is an ENTJ, and judging types are by nature, more calculating, but 8w7 is always impulsive and Azula simply is not ever until she has what seems to be a psychotic break in the season finale. She constantly represses her emotions in the moment, SPECIFICALLY rage when something does not go her way in favor of calculating a method of destroying what doesn't follow her in the most efficient and and ruthless way possible, which is not characteristic of a reactive type, specifically a reactive gut type, in general. Of course she's looking for power, but her version of power is specifically centered around being the best at what she does and reaching her idealized image of perfection where she can be loved undeniably by her father and get past the fact that she quite literally thought her mother considered her a monster. Of course, the above stated is very characteristic of abusive situations in general, however it is hard to deny how important that mindset is when it seems to be the center of her very personality. Her behavior directly emulates her father, traits she has valued in an idealized self that is both pleasing to him and in her mind capable and desirable, which is attachment based I'd argue.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As have I, regardless of order both his 7 and 9 influences are quite strong in his personality. I went with 9 for a couple of reasons, one such being that his character (even if it is related to his culture and upbringing) is focused specifically around trying to understand different perspectives, maintaining balance and peace (even outside of the avatar he's quite attentive to this), and a hesitance towards violence and aversion to what disturbs his sense of self and connection to his friends and culture (prior to being told he was the avatar). I can't see much disintigration to 1 as much as I can to 6 as a possibility (since when he's lacking health he's more combative, indecisive, and support seeking) and can sort of see the possibility of him integrating to 3 (ie. in the end, after being told various different ways to defeat Ozai, he chooses his own path and asserts his own beliefs and culture). Idk though.

I am assuming you meant 2w3 rather than 3w2 for your actual question. Again, it's a tough draw, but in terms of triadic relations, I have trouble seeing him as a double id type. Even if he is a heart last, 7 and 3 combine to make a relatively assertive character who is traditionally able to assert their needs without much guilt while adding an impulsive flair to the character and a goal orientation towards the ideal (which I don't think I see? I'd be curious of your reasoning since I've always had an issue with Aangs heart fix typology wise). I could see him being triple positive outlook, before developing as the avatar he's incredibly evasive and seems to have the 2-esque back and forth with shame, trying to be (and also trying to convince the self) that they are good, but being moved by their own shame.

I don't have a strong argument about this. She's not a heavily developed character in my opinion, though clearly on the Fi-Te axis and likely a sensing focused character.

I wrote an (unreasonably) long argument on another typology page, so I'm just going to post that here. Sorry for the length in advance, I struggle with being concise, I was just too lazy to write something new.

You actually make a good case for Aang being a core 9, now that I think about it. A part of it is related to his being the Avatar, but there are definite examples outside of it when interacting with his friends or when he
. You also make a good point about the disintegration, but there are points where, when he disintegrates, he becomes more self-critical and frustrated with himself (e.g.
; so, I could see the 7 --> 1 dynamic as well. I can also see the 2w3 with all the points you mentioned; I suppose the reason I gave him a 3w2 was because his core desire throughout the show was to be competent at all the types of bending, but that could be a result of his 3-wing. I'm coming around to 2w3 the more I type this paragraph lmao.

Point noted about Mai; she's a difficult one to type. All the points you made about Azula being an excellent reader of people is accurate, and I'm not denying she has 3w4 in her stack; but the ability to look at and be aware of social cues also seems to be an so-dom kind of thing. Her core desire, as I see it, is to dominate her environment, whether it's her opponents in combat or assuming control of the Fire Nation. Perhaps she's a little more calculated, and I think that's her sx-blindness, but she still carries the core motivations of an 8 imo.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
All the points you made about Azula being an excellent reader of people is accurate, and I'm not denying she has 3w4 in her stack; but the ability to look at and be aware of social cues also seems to be an so-dom kind of thing. Her core desire, as I see it, is to dominate her environment, whether it's her opponents in combat or assuming control of the Fire Nation. Perhaps she's a little more calculated, and I think that's her sx-blindness, but she still carries the core motivations of an 8 imo.

Now I haven't seen the show for a while, but wasn't Azula's main drive wanting approval from her family? Naturally as a Te dominant, she would want to control her environment because that's what Je does. But it seemed all of her drive came from desire for approval. I also don't buy that her being calculated all comes down to being sx-blind, I mean I'm an sx core and I lack any sort of impulsiveness whatsoever (albeit, I also have inferior Se whereas Azula's is tertiary). I think 8 traits in Azula actually come down to her expressing that tertiary Se to be honest. I don't think picking up social cues is enneagram related - I'd pin that more on a strong Je function and being extraverted.

muddy120

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm gonna start with the typings I know and then add more on my rewatch on Netflix

Aang: ENFP, most people agree on this. Aang is one of the most non-debated ENFPs of all time.

Katara: ESFJ, stereotypical ESFJ. Katara is not intuitive! She's an excellent sensor character and ESFJ.

Sokka: ENTP, this guy is an Ne dom and Ti user

Toph: ISTP, this is very obvious in my opinion but I can see if someone gets confused at times. But she's definitely an introvert and Ti and Se user.

Azula: ENTJ, makes the most sense for her. Stereotypical commander ENTJ girl

Ty Lee: ESFP, again stereotypical one

Mai: INTP, I'm gonna stick with my old typing of her until proven otherwise, I still see this typing today

Zuko: ISFP, this opinion changed overtime, used to think ISTJ in the past. People online convinced me on this and I definitely see the Fi dom now, kinda surprising he's not a Si user though.

Iroh: INFP, I guess this would be right for him? Thought ISFP at one point but people convinced me I think.

This post makes sense for him with the patterns and meaning he talks about with his dialogue and poems:
Fictional Character MBTI — Uncle Iroh: INFP [Avatar: The Last Airbender]